• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

wilco - 04 February 2015 07:41 PM
Bogi - 04 February 2015 05:32 PM
wilco - 04 February 2015 01:21 PM

2 other things about this series
- the animated intro is not very good, they could just used the one from the TV series instead of doing a lesser version.

- I’m finding the lack of sex scenes curious, not that they are absolutely needed, but they are (along with the violence) always present in TV series (to the point of parodies happening) so is Telltale avoiding them because of being a different medium? or its just that is doesn’t fit the plot?

Sex is EVIL!! It will destroy our children Gasp

Smile Thats games, no sex allowed, only violence

Exactly, nobody got harmed from a little violence…  Wink

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Maybe it’ll look awkward with their current limitations of 3D animation?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The sad thing is, a lot of people go ballistic if there’s any notion of sex in games. It happens even if the subject matter is known to have sex in it. Like if someone would make a game out of 50 Shades of Gray, people would be upset if the game had any sex in it (disclaimer, I don’t actually know if anyone has sex in 50 Shades, I just assume that’s in the realm of possibility).

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think there’s been any need for it in the plot so far. Maybe with the marriage in episode 2, but it’s not anything I’m bothered about.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

Tad - 05 February 2015 06:31 AM

I don’t think there’s been any need for it in the plot so far. Maybe with the marriage in episode 2, but it’s not anything I’m bothered about.

They received a lot of critics for Nerissa exposing tits in ep.2 of TWAU.
I bet they’re trying to keep the nudity at minimum.
But maybe I’m wrong.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Game where splitting heads with pickaxe, burning flesh with cigar, ripping arms, throats and heads is normal received a lot of critics for exposing (STOP READING IF YOU ARE UNDER 22!) [spoiler]woman’s breasts[/spoiler]  Gasp   Gasp   Gasp

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

subbi - 05 February 2015 03:33 AM

I can only imagine it would look something like this:

Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 05 February 2015 06:31 AM

I agree that it doesn’t but I wonder if it was a conscience decision to have a plot avoid them because of what bloody eugene said.

bloody_eugene - 05 February 2015 09:34 AM

They received a lot of critics for Nerissa exposing boobs in ep.2 of TWAU.
I bet they’re trying to keep the nudity at minimum.

Lambonius - 05 February 2015 01:34 PM
subbi - 05 February 2015 03:33 AM

I can only imagine it would look something like this:

Wink

LOL (Parker/Stone always stop on with the satire)

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

One of the problems with the way sex is portrayed almost everywhere, including Game of Thrones HBO, is that it’s almost entirely shot from a heterosexual male perspective (the “male gaze”). The sex and nudity is there for the heterosexual male audience to get off on, showing female breasts and butts prominently; it’s not there to serve the story and is not shot “authentically” as part of the world. Of course many times sex scenes are important for the audience to see, the issue is the way they’re shown.

So no, Telltale should not have sex scenes in the game unless there’s a good reason for it and it’s done tastefully; not for the male players to ogle cartoon naked women.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Venkman - 05 February 2015 07:49 PM

One of the problems with the way sex is portrayed almost everywhere, including Game of Thrones HBO, is that it’s almost entirely shot from a heterosexual male perspective (the “male gaze”). The sex and nudity is there for the heterosexual male audience to get off on, showing female breasts and butts prominently; it’s not there to serve the story and is not shot “authentically” as part of the world. Of course many times sex scenes are important for the audience to see, the issue is the way they’re shown.

So no, Telltale should not have sex scenes in the game unless there’s a good reason for it and it’s done tastefully; not for the male players to ogle cartoon naked women.

And what is a good reason, if I may ask, for scenes of violence and why Telltale (in this case) should have them, so the heterosexual male players may ogle cartoon blood?

And idea that heterosexual males are getting some kind of satisfaction in watching animated/acted sexual intercourse (as a part of an overwhelming story being told) where female (sometimes) naked body is shown is borderline ridiculous in great majority of cases and I must say it’s very discriminatory.

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Bogi - 05 February 2015 08:11 PM

I must say it’s very discriminatory.

lol. Yea go join a Men’s Rights Activist group and whine about how oppressed white heterosexual males are.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Venkman - 05 February 2015 08:28 PM

I must say it’s very discriminatory.

lol. Yea go join a Men’s Rights Activist group and whine about how oppressed white heterosexual males are.

Ouch, now you just added racism too Frown

...but sadly no arguments whatsoever.

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Venkman - 05 February 2015 07:49 PM

And what is a good reason, if I may ask, for scenes of violence and why Telltale (in this case) should have them, so the heterosexual male players may ogle cartoon blood?

And idea that heterosexual males are getting some kind of satisfaction in watching animated/acted sexual intercourse (as a part of an overwhelming story being told) where female (sometimes) naked body is shown is borderline ridiculous in great majority of cases and I must say it’s very discriminatory.

The story in this case involves a lot of violence. I’d certainly listen to arguments about how it may be problematic to depict violence in an appealing way. Adventure games historically are very anti-violence so I’m sure there’d be some sympathy around here. My experience with Telltale’s Walking Dead S1 (have not played GoT yet) was that the violence was actually upsetting to inflict in many cases. At two different points I made violent decisions out of anger and then felt awful about it after seeing the actual consequences of such actions. So I’d trust Telltale more than most to handle that type of thing well.

Your second paragraph, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m a heterosexual male and definitely am “affected” by many on-screen depictions of sexual activity. Just look at internet forums or chatter on shows like True Detective and GoT. The nudity is a huge thing that guys are getting off on, and it’s often there only for that purpose.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Thanks for the very thoughtful answer and not letting this exchange of thoughts grows into time-wasting arguing Wink

I just don’t see a problem in depicting sex (without which 99.99% of people wouldn’t exist, including all the characters in the series), eating, drinking, sleeping, breathing, even domination-planning and violence, which all part of reality and lives of people that story is depicting.

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Bogi - 05 February 2015 09:36 PM

Thanks for the very thoughtful answer and not letting this exchange of thoughts grows into time-wasting arguing Wink

I just don’t see a problem in depicting sex (without which 99.99% of people wouldn’t exist, including all the characters in the series), eating, drinking, sleeping, breathing, even domination-planning and violence, which all part of reality and lives of people that story is depicting.

Yea I’m not talking about depicting sex in general, I’m talking about depicting sex and naked female bodies in a certain way.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top