• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The reviews of episode six are quite positive, I’ll be picking this up ASAP.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m not really expecting much myself, as this has been a relatively big disappointment for me.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Let’s cut to the chase,
Deaths
Finn (as a wight) (if killed in “A Nest of Vipers”)
Cotter
Gryff Whitehill (player-determined)
Lord Ludd Whitehill (player-determined)
Lady Elissa Forrester
Bowen (player-determined)
Erik (player-determined)
Harys
Amaya
Female prisoner (off-screen)
Lord Andros
Tom (player-determined)
Mira Forrester (player-determined)
Ortengryn (off-screen)
Ser Royland Degore (player-determined)
Duncan Tuttle (player-determined)

I chose Asher coz expect fighting duo with Beksha but
script give no option for..Well, that sucked.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I don’t really know how to feel about episode 6.

[spoiler]So we do get the “...to be continued…” style ending and there isn’t honestly much that feels resolved. However, given the source material, you might say that it isn’t a problem as the books/TV show are kind of like that (resolution comes through death) so I suppose you might call it a positive…
However, I can’t see how there will ever be a continuation of this story, there are too many variables at the end. Although I have only played one ending, it seems to me that several major characters may or may not be dead, you might have stayed in the north grove or left etc. etc. How could that be pulled together in a new series?
Either they have to create very different stories depending on your series one choices (never going to happen re: cost), or kill almost everyone off to bring players into line, or just choose one set of circumstances as “canon”. No good.
So, realistically, if there is a second series we either get a completely different story or there simply is no second series.
If that is the case then why not tie up the loose ends? Frustrating.[/spoiler]

In summary, I have quite enjoyed the experience, but ultimately the main thought in my mind is simply “Well, that wasn’t Life is Strange!”.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I suspect we’ll never see another season, as TT tend to keep doing different things and rarely go back. If they do however, I can only guess it’ll be a “years later” route where Ryon is grown up. Something I suspect TWDS3 might do.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So…according to one of the big cheeses at TT, it seems as though we will have some more news on GoT from them soon. I know they signed a multi year contract, so maybe we will see another season.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Season 2 confirmed: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-20-telltale-confirms-games-of-thrones-season-two

Despite the last 2 episodes going a bit “eh”, I am interested in seeing what they’re going to do.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

TTG has quite a few series, all of them deserve a second or even a third season, we’ll see which ones get continued.

Now that GOT has concluded, I’ve only got “Minecraft Story Mode” in play by them.

Neutral

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Consider the possible outcomes,when it comes to choices game make you fell more like a gambler than a gamer,ice from dice baby.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That was terrible… I felt like I was playing a parody of both Game of Thrones and a Telltale game given the ridiculous outcomes.

I don’t get what Telltale does sometimes, when I choose “protect the gate” and “sacrifice the people” I expect the gate to be protected and not the gate to be down 5 seconds later. I just burst out laughing at that point…

And the characters! Griff was such a caricature… terrible.

The stories I was enjoying most also went to the gutter but I was expecting it at this point.

Worst Telltale series by far and of course it’s the one that already has a sequel planned. That’s where the money is

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 21 November 2015 09:17 AM

That was terrible… I felt like I was playing a parody of both Game of Thrones and a Telltale game given the ridiculous outcomes.

I don’t get what Telltale does sometimes, when I choose “protect the gate” and “sacrifice the people” I expect the gate to be protected and not the gate to be down 5 seconds later. I just burst out laughing at that point…

And the characters! Griff was such a caricature… terrible.

The stories I was enjoying most also went to the gutter but I was expecting it at this point.

Worst Telltale series by far and of course it’s the one that already has a sequel planned. That’s where the money is

For the sake of discussion, would you not say that reflects the show perfectly? It’s the very gripe I have with the series in that, little good happens and we’re left “following” no one as stories get killed off or receive the cliffhanger treatment.

Now that we know TT’s GoT season 2 is in development, this ending sort of makes sense. The next season will carry it on.

I’m also wondering if some of the announced series (marvel own ip, deal with tv studios etc) are actually going ahead now. As it seems TWD mini series and TWDS3 AND GoT S2 are next in their plate.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 21 November 2015 10:10 AM

For the sake of discussion, would you not say that reflects the show perfectly? It’s the very gripe I have with the series in that, little good happens and we’re left “following” no one as stories get killed off or receive the cliffhanger treatment.

Now that we know TT’s GoT season 2 is in development, this ending sort of makes sense. The next season will carry it on.

I’m also wondering if some of the announced series (marvel own ip, deal with tv studios etc) are actually going ahead now. As it seems TWD mini series and TWDS3 AND GoT S2 are next in their plate.

The tone is something like the show, but it’s way exaggerated, the game seems obsessed with killing or crippling everyone.
Also the game should have the point of giving some power to the player. I agree with Gabe, feels like i’m gambling with random choices with the outcome only being death or humiliation most of the times.
Unless I’m wrong and I just made all the wrong choices in the game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I still haven’t played the final episode, but personally the game feels more like Telltale’s attempt at ape what makes the TV-series good with out them fully figuring what it is. Sure, they try to be surprising, but in the end they don’t manage to do it in the same way the TV-series is surpsing and manages to pull the rug under the viewers feet.

And I do find it pretty amusing, that they did copy the violence, but they still didn’t have the guts to copy the sex.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 21 November 2015 12:32 PM
Tad - 21 November 2015 10:10 AM

The tone is something like the show, but it’s way exaggerated, the game seems obsessed with killing or crippling everyone.
Also the game should have the point of giving some power to the player. I agree with Gabe, feels like i’m gambling with random choices with the outcome only being death or humiliation most of the times.
Unless I’m wrong and I just made all the wrong choices in the game.

There are many different ways to reach the ending (sword kills Gryffin/Ludd, Ludd and Elissa killed by poison, traitor or Gwyn helps you etc), but they all seem to result in the same direction.

I get the feeling season 2 will be set years later as Ryon. Season 1 was set straight after the “red wedding” so who knows where this will be in the timeline (any ideas where things get better for the north?). So, I suspect we won’t see much of Asher/Rodrik.

I don’t think it was bad as such, but I do see and agree with the complaints.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 22 November 2015 09:18 AM

There are many different ways to reach the ending (sword kills Gryffin/Ludd, Ludd and Elissa killed by poison, traitor or Gwyn helps you etc), but they all seem to result in the same direction.

I get the feeling season 2 will be set years later as Ryon. Season 1 was set straight after the “red wedding” so who knows where this will be in the timeline (any ideas where things get better for the north?). So, I suspect we won’t see much of Asher/Rodrik.

I don’t think it was bad as such, but I do see and agree with the complaints.

Minor book spoiler Things never got better in the North, at least so far, so there is no possible way things will go better for House Forrester in the sequel.

The time events in the sequel can’t be much ahead since the books (and the series, I think) are still not much ahead but what you say makes sense.

On a unrelated note, I wish George Martin had gone ahead the time jump for the last books.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top