• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heads up, the next episode is out! 2.2GB this time.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Completely forgot about this was releasing this week. Let’s see who goes down this time

Spoiler: Everybody

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Telltale!!!! You sick evil twisted! Monsters!! *throws tv out window* grrrr!!!

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m gutted by the way the prologue went. Shifty Eyed

I really don’t like when Ramsay Snow shows up in this game, not because he is a terrible one dimensional character (well, that too) but it’s the ultimate “you have no control on what it’s happening now in the game and you know it”

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

My overall thoughts on episode 5…

[spoiler]It’s decent. The north grove plot has sort of slowed down far too much for me and Mira’s scenes seemed fairly pointless. Nothing was gained or lost really at kingslanding. The Asher/house forester plot were the center peace to all this and I couldn’t help but feel it stalled. Although effective, the last scene was poorly setup in my opinion. They knew they were coming yet failed to see the trap? Sorry, but I’m not buying that.

Along side this, the episode has practically doomed the house now and has gone down the trap the show has of being nothing but depressing and to be honest, meh. It’s still good, but I can’t help but feel the writers have made their mind up where this is going already and it’s easy to see.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 21 July 2015 03:31 PM

Let’s see who goes down this time

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 21 July 2015 05:11 PM

My overall thoughts on episode 5…

[spoiler]It’s decent. The north grove plot has sort of slowed down far too much for me and Mira’s scenes seemed fairly pointless. Nothing was gained or lost really at kingslanding. The Asher/house forester plot were the center peace to all this and I couldn’t help but feel it stalled. Although effective, the last scene was poorly setup in my opinion. They knew they were coming yet failed to see the trap? Sorry, but I’m not buying that.

Along side this, the episode has practically doomed the house now and has gone down the trap the show has of being nothing but depressing and to be honest, meh. It’s still good, but I can’t help but feel the writers have made their mind up where this is going already and it’s easy to see.

I’ve finished it and I agree with you. The episode also felt shorter.I don’t think we advanced or seen much of a payoff. they made this season 6 episodes but I’m not seeing advantages. Maybe in the final one.

The Kings Landing scenes felt extremely shallow. It was scene after scene of being completely helpless and played around.

North Grove story was a full stop, I hope we get to see it at least…

The last scene was completely GoT-style of everything goes wrong but more annoying because we saw it from a mile away and could do nothing to avoid it, takes the illusion of control completely. The traitor was also a disappoitment in his reasons, that scene was also extremely short and rushed.

@Tad
Who did you save at the end? Went with saving Asher, I doubt it will matter but I guess it made more sense at the time.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 21 July 2015 06:10 PM
wilco - 21 July 2015 03:31 PM

Let’s see who goes down this time

Smile, or (since this is cat week here):

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Saved Rodrik in the end. Despite liking Asher a bit more, I felt like Rodrik had more to offer as a character etc. To be honest, I genuinely thought that was cheap of Telltale. Think you’ve hit the nail on the head though. It completely lacked payoff for all the effects in the previous episodes. Who did you save?

The only way out of all this now I feel is if whoever the goal boy is working for is willing to help the Forresters.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just a theory, but…

Seeing as the reasoning behind either betrayer was really weak, could they have been protecting someone else? I say this because Talia throughout all of this season has been seen and yet, nothing beyond episode 2 has been vital to her story. She’s expressed desires to help and as people can’t help but see her as a child, I wonder if she’s playing a game and using that as an advantage. She’s become increasingly blood thirty too.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 24 July 2015 04:51 AM

Just a theory, but…

Seeing as the reasoning behind either betrayer was really weak, could they have been protecting someone else? I say this because Talia throughout all of this season has been seen and yet, nothing beyond episode 2 has been vital to her story. She’s expressed desires to help and as people can’t help but see her as a child, I wonder if she’s playing a game and using that as an advantage. She’s become increasingly blood thirty too.

That would be interesting. Being a child manipulating everybody. She was a bit bloodthirsty in that whole traitor segment I hope at at least we have some resolution to this story and not a “to be continued” at the end. Although I have no idea how they can connect the North Grove story to the main one…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’ve heard some say it might be a Ice Dragon?

My guess is the goal boy’s masters might help the Forresters, but Mira gets found out as the killer . They seemed to have forgotten all that bit in Kingslanding.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

That would be interesting. Being a child manipulating everybody. She was a bit bloodthirsty in that whole traitor segment I hope at at least we have some resolution to this story and not a “to be continued” at the end. Although I have no idea how they can connect the North Grove story to the main one…

I have to agree with this last part. I can’t see how they are going to draw all the strings of the plot together in the last episode. At the pacing of the previous episodes it’s difficult to see how they would manage it in less than 3 more episodes. I too fear a “...to be continued” ending which is going to be seriously unsatisfying.

My predictions for the end of episode 6: (serious outsider bets ahead!)

1. Garred about to get to the North Grove but not quite there. Cotter to die, sister to survive.
2. Rodrik/Asher (i.e. whoever you saved) to die. They can’t carry that one over to another series! Maybe sister to take over as “Lord”, possibly involving forced marriage to Bolton?
3. Showdown between Forresters and Whitehills ultimately halted by Bolton - probably by killing Rodrik/Asher. Also he would be well into those pit fighter guys and want them for his own.
4. Mira. Cersei tries to kill her but she escapes via that young boy who keeps hanging around. Possibly over the narrow sea & with Tyrion?
5. Rodrik’s mother to kill Lord Whitehill and then probably die too.

Hopefully I’m wrong about all of that! (I’m sure I will be!)

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, let’s do predictions:

1. Asher kills Gryff with the help of the sellswords. Asher goes back with his friend to the other continent.
2. Whitehill father kills Forrester mom but Talia or Ryon kill him
3. Forrester family win the dispute with Whitehills but have give up all their ironwood
3. Talia Forrester tries to run away but since she has no support at the time is caught and put in a dungeon. The boy helper dies
4. North Grove are a bunch of ruins with lots of goods/gold/ironwood and giants guarding it. Everybody that got there dies
5. Ramsay Snow shows up acts like an asshole

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm, think the damage was done in episode 5 for me, as episode 6 just sort of passed me by. When something did happen, I just thought “yeah…of course” in a nonchalant way. Here’s my ending:

[Spoiler]Rodrik killed Gryffin, Beskha saved Ryon and got him to safety. Ryon pulled a “revenge” face on the screen fade.
Killed Hay, Duncan died, Rodrik somehow got away despite having a ridiculous amount of injuries.
Royland (kept traitor alive) and Talia find Rodrik and heal him with Royland getting the screen fade saying “this isn’t over.”.
Mira’s hairdresser went too far (got executed).
Ludd survived…annoyingly.
I chose to protect the North Grove.

A North Grove, we still have no idea what it is other then magic…at a guess. This is clearly setup for season 2, but going by their track record, I’m not sure we’ll get one. If not, I’m guessing if the North gets taken back in the books, it’s safe to assume, the Forresters will get revenge.

Overall, I found it enjoyable despite the issues.

What were your thoughts?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top