• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finished episode 3.

I kinda got bored of it. It’s just a constant wave of dreadful situations that resulted in me thinking it doesn’t matter what I do, it’s probably going to come back and bite me.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished episode 3, I think it was a bit bigger than the others and the plot continues to develop in some interesting ways.
I do find it frustrating that we have no feedback for our choices so far, it all seems to be working towards the final episode or something.
Right now it feels like the player is given a choice between a bad or a worse choice, I do hope it all leads to something meaninful in the end.

I so like the twist in Gared’s story, seems to deviate more from the series and bring something original to the world.

I’m not sure about a point of Mira’s story, at the end we were given the choice to burn the letter, but why would we do it? Wasn’t the all point of it getting it back?. I feel like I missed something…

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

wilco - 24 March 2015 08:30 PM

I’m not sure about a point of Mira’s story, at the end we were given the choice to burn the letter, but why would we do it? Wasn’t the all point of it getting it back?. I feel like I missed something…

Because being connected with Tyrion in anyway after he’s just been arrested could implicate Mira? That’s the only reason I could think of anyway. But hell no i’m not gonna burn the damn thing. The Forresters are pretty desperate at this point, I’m willing to sacrifice Mira Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think it was bad or anything, just sort of annoying. Rodrik’s plot only revealed two things but didn’t move the plot at all - we know things are bad already. I could really see the writers at work with Mira’s story and most of the choices might as well of just said “meh”. Asher and Gared’s story was were the episode shined for me personally. It’s just a shame we didn’t see more of them.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Tad - 24 March 2015 08:27 PM

Finished episode 3.

I kinda got bored of it. It’s just a constant wave of dreadful situations that resulted in me thinking it doesn’t matter what I do, it’s probably going to come back and bite me.

Sounds pretty similar to the show then, or so I’ve heard since I’ve never seen it.

In fact I think that could be a good tagline for new Telltale - ‘A series of dreadful situations’.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

All games/shows etc need conflict of course, but it does seem to be laying it on a bit too thick in this episode.

Oscar, you may like Tales from the borderlands more as it has conflict, but it’s done in a more joking manner.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

aaroncarney - 24 March 2015 09:37 PM

Because being connected with Tyrion in anyway after he’s just been arrested could implicate Mira? That’s the only reason I could think of anyway. But hell no i’m not gonna burn the damn thing. The Forresters are pretty desperate at this point, I’m willing to sacrifice Mira Smile

That makes sense and I also didn’t burn the letter.

I’m guessing all the story branches will be connected in the last episode in a major outcome tht could result in House Forrester surviving or not. At least that’s what my choices are about and the reason I keep groveling to he annoying Whitehills

Any theories on who the traitor in the council is? I’m thinking the Maester but for a more shocking twist it could be the Mom Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think it’s the mom desperately trying to get her son back. It makes no sense at the moment for it to be Duncan as he’s helping with the North Grove. The Maester…perhaps, but I see no reason just yet.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 25 March 2015 07:41 AM

I think it’s the mom desperately trying to get her son back. It makes no sense at the moment for it to be Duncan as he’s helping with the North Grove. The Maester…perhaps, but I see no reason just yet.

I think it has to be either the Mom or Maester. Duncan can’t be also because he was the one that set up the meeting with the Whitehill girl. Roland has to much honor and always willing to kill some Whitehills…

In King’s Landing I feel like it’s going to be a hopeless cause…. Margaery is pissed at me, Cersei also pissed, Cera will probably backstab fisrt time she gets, Tom will probably get killed soon Neutral things won’t end well.

At least in Garrod’s story we were able to finally get some revenge kick the other prick down the wall

Asher story didn’t have a lot of development and was pure fanbait but fighting Drogon and meeting the Khaleesi  Heart so good

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I tried to keep things good for Mira, but Margaery was having none of it. Too busy worrying about her wedding to even think about an entire house collapsing. So, nuts to her. Tongue

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

aaroncarney - 24 March 2015 09:37 PM
wilco - 24 March 2015 08:30 PM

I don’t think that’s it. She wanted it back so she could price fix the ironwood with Morgryn (or whatever his name was) instead of being locked into the deal she’d agreed to with Tyrion.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Jackal - 25 March 2015 03:48 PM

I don’t think that’s it. She wanted it back so she could price fix the ironwood with Morgryn (or whatever his name was) instead of being locked into the deal she’d agreed to with Tyrion.

But didn’t he say something like “please tell me you got that before he was arrested” ???

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I assumed he meant that getting it back would prevent it from being carried through, allowing them to carry on with their new plans. If she didn’t get it back, as a royal decree it would have to be considered law even after Tyrion’s arrest.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just a thought I had,

Could Duncan be the spy? He somehow managed to know Gywn from the Whitehills wanted to talk and Gywn said the Whitehills are planning something…could Duncan of tricked Gared into finding the North Grove for them?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’ll persist with it- since I payed for it- but it’s a long, long way from either the books or the television show.

Most of the main characters are completely dull; the writing isn’t anywhere up-to-par with the other franchise formats, and the “tough” choices it keeps throwing up are getting more and more tedious. I’ve stopped caring most of the time and just pick without thinking too much. And a lot of the shows cast sound bored out of their brains, which I don’t blame them for, but doesn’t help the game very much.

Really liking Borderlands and Life is Strange; this one, on the other hand- halfway through- isn’t cutting the mustard.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top