• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

During all this ‘revival of the genre’ excitement and let’s face it there’s a lot to be excited about, there is a game I haven’t seen anyone mention in a series most of us know and love, Broken Sword 5. It hasn’t been announced officially although there is some proof that the game is in production and may be released this year. Revolution is still vague about it. What is definite is that they have a 2D adventure game in the works.

I don’t know if this is old news for adventure fans but I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

Charles Cecil has already hinted in several interviews that there will be a Broken Sword 5 without specifying a date.

A few of the evidence suggesting this game might come out this year:

From Revolution Games’ facebook page, posted on the 28th of October 2011
Q: “To all the guys and gals at Revolution…Can you please at least confirm that we’re definately getting a Broken Sword 5? Smile
A: “We can confirm that you are definitely going to get a Broken Sword 5 - just can’t confirm when :-)
http://www.facebook.com/revolutionsoftware/posts/10150516519308858rnrnYAY

Another answer to a similar question:
Our next adventure should be completed this year - and it is a totally new story. Sorry to be a bit vague - I know that this is frustrating.

A totally new story in the series or a new game?

Our next adventure game is 2D at HD resolution - with a more traditional slide & touch / point & click interface.

Q:”i have all the bs games in my collection Smile and maybe we can put another one in our collection this year?
A: “Maybe, indeed :-)

http://www.facebook.com/revolutionsoftware

Rolf Saxon posted on his website that in the summer of this year he will record for Broken Sword 5. The text was deleted afterwards.
http://broken-sword.tumblr.com/post/20248475173/rolf-saxon-spills-the-beans

And although it might not mean anything, the game is posted on his Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Saxon

There may be other evidence out there, I didn’t dig very deep. If you have any other pieces of information please post them.

BS5 certainly has the top spot in my personal Hype-o-meter, my only fear is that the game will be simplified and similar to the two Director’s Cuts, which I didn’t particularly enjoy.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

all true….but Revolution is supposed to be working on another new adventure if i understood correctly a couple of interviews i saw of C.C…..other than BS5 and remakes.also there’s no need for another remake seeing as BS3 and 4 were 3D.

all in all a happy time for us BS fans!!!

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Dude… Supaplex rules.

That will be all, you may now return to your regular topic.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

As far as I’m concerned there are only 2 official Broken Sword games - the first two.

The others are all imposters.

I don’t want to see another BS. I don’t want to see yet another story where Stobbart and Collard are on the opposite sides of the planet and out of sheer chance they just happen to meet again. It was ridiculous to add her in the 3rd game. Then there’s the progressively worse dialog and progressively ugly locations.

If there is a 5th BS, can they PLEASE kill George. Put him out of his misery. The poor guy has lost enough dignity.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Hey, I liked the third one, even though it was different, it still felt like a BS game.
Now, the fourth I disliked. I got put off by it really quick, and ended up watching some of it on Youtube, still disliked, so I stopped.

- Atle

Last Completed
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine ★★★

Currently Playing
The Night of the Rabbit 20% ★★★★★
Fran Bow 80% ★★★★
Batman: A Telltale Game Series 40% ★★★★★
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine 25% ★★★★

Next Up
Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse (40%) on hold
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Runaway: A Twist of Fate 50% (on hold)

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

I liked the third one, too. It had charm and soul to it, and I felt that I was still in the BS world. And I like box puzzles, so that was no issue for me. The fourth one, now that was a disappointment. I liked the first half of it okay, but the rest felt really rushed, and it had one of the worst endings I have ever seen.

If the fifth game is more like the first three in terms of writing and atmosphere, it could be great.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BS1 is my all-time favourite AG, and I loved the first 3 of the series. It would be great to see the series revived. I however, disliked the 4th as well and stopped playing halfway through it. It just didn’t capture the magic of the first 3 and the new realistic style and platforming/action sequences just missed the mark.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I only wish if Telltale games take over this project,looks like they’re the only ag developer left can do it adequately.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

what?telltale get BS5?either i’m very tired right now or my eyes deceive me…..no way man.this is revolution only man.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

There’s no doubt in my mind that Rev are working on BS5, and I have faith in their ability to produce a great new entry in the series.

BS3 was a good game, hampered by the medium’s obsession with 3D “cinematic” action. BS4 was less of a good game—they were trying to accomplish too much with too little. The modern (for the time) graphics engine provided environments that felt large enough, but were bland and empty, presumably due to budgetary restrictions, and the hacking puzzles felt arbitrary and repetitive. I admire Charles for giving it a crack, but it just felt too ambitious and rushed.

The original, on the other hand, was and still is a near-perfect example of the globe-trotting adventure game. The second game was very good, too, but could’ve done with more development time as there are sections that feel skipped over.

No matter the game, I’ve loved every second of controlling George. He’s one of my favourite game characters of all time.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

orient - 13 June 2012 09:38 AM

BS4 was less of a good game—they were trying to accomplish too much with too little. The modern (for the time) graphics engine provided environments that felt large enough, but were bland and empty, presumably due to budgetary restrictions

Do you know that Revolution Software earn more than £100 million on BS series and
b.s.‘ed the fans with a game like BS4.I think they just done enough and not up to create any exciting new installment for series anymore,one can only bear though.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah but on the other hand they have BS1 BS2 BASS and BS3(even if i didn’t like the 3d there the story was good).

also i don’t know if 100 million pounds is true…..if so they wouldn’t need to raise money from remakes of the first two to fund the two new projects.as i understand it Revolution isn
‘t that big a company.where did you get that info?

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I’m not quite sure how I feel about this. If it’s gonna be anything like BS3 it will be better than awesome. But if it’s more like BS4 then I think I’ll pass. I really hope they got Steve Ince aboard this time. If I have to say where BS4 went wrong I’d say with the absence of Steve Ince. Anyway I for one hope they keep it 3D. It looked great in BS3. Only not so much in BS4. Series evolve, it’s normal. And it should happen. No point fighting it.

I’m also curious about this completely new game by Revolution. Any details other than that it’s 2D?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i too hope steve’s onboard this time.and to tell you the truth he might since SS is a lost cause.

unfortunately no info for the other project.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 01:03 PM

i too hope steve’s onboard this time.and to tell you the truth he might since SS is a lost cause.

unfortunately no info for the other project.

SS?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Sam Suede…..the game Steve is contracted for at the moment.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top