• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 12 June 2016 11:29 AM
wilco - 12 June 2016 11:02 AM

Croatia looked good, they did miss a lot of opportunities

The one they did get was a bit special.

Yes, wonderful goal by Modric!

Poland 1 - North Ireland 0 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, the worst match so far. Turkey is also quite weak, a shadow of its former self (2002 World Cup, anyone?)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Entertaining first half in the Ger-Ukr game. Germany winning but so so lucky. Ukraine playing very well

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

wilco - 12 June 2016 03:46 PM

Entertaining first half in the Ger-Ukr game. Germany winning but so so lucky. Ukraine playing very well

Yep, the best game so far, Neuer is like a wall.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Superb finish by Schweini after Neuer kept the team together.

Best save of the tournament is still Akinfeev’s (Rooney’s shot from just outside the box), though. Won them a point, even. Or rather: cost England two points.

There’s been a lot of interview press coverage in preparation of our match against Italy this evening. One thing stands out: Gianluigi Buffon.

That is one classy guy! Thumbs Up
Only adds to his legend, imo.

Edit: Not sure if you noticed, but I updated my prediction image to include all quarter-finalists and semi-finalists.

Two upsets in it: no Spain, no Italy in the final 8.

Even though putting Belgium in the semis is very much wishful thinking. Tongue
Should probably have swapped them with Portugal.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 June 2016 03:08 AM

Even though putting Belgium in the semis is very much wishful thinking. Tongue
Should probably have swapped them with Portugal.

There’s no more wishful thinking than mine Smile

Belgium-Italy should be a great game today. Hazard should have a good Euro, he was resting the whole year Tongue ,
It’s probably the strongest group in the competition.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 June 2016 04:00 AM

Belgium-Italy should be a great game today.

Thinking positive: we beat them 3-1 in a friendly late last year. Was a good match, that. Could easily have gone either way.

I’m hoping for a good match this evening as well. And I very much hope our defense holds, as it’s our main weakness when Kompany is injured and for as long as we don’t have any good fullbacks. And hopefully our offense will play with pace (because only then are they truly dangerous, and they sadly play far too slow most of the time).

I really hope Wilmots has the common sense to put Carrasco in the team, and not Fellaini. Knowing him, however, that’s unlikely. Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Everybody coach seems to like Fellaini, even Van Gaal was always playing him, must be the height Smile

Is Origi fit for the Euro? he was having a good year until the injury

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We only use one striker, and currently Lukaku is our best, so he’ll play.
Never mind that he only excels for teams that use fast counter-attacks as their main style, and the Belgian squad doesn’t… Meh
Our striker should be either Origi or Batshuayi, no matter how in-form Lukaku is, imo, simply because our playing style only plays to his weaknesses and not his strengths.

Having said that, we should be using two strikers, and I’ve been saying so for years.
Enough with that “two defensive midfielders” BS, unless you go for a “3 defenders” tactics instead of a flat 4.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We trade you a defender for one of those strikers. Can even be Benteke!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t see the game but Spain won with a goal at the end. Seems like business as usual (except the world cup).

Now to see the Zlatan show against Ireland. Hoping for some of this:

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Damn Ireland were unlucky.

1-1 draw with Sweden.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 13 June 2016 02:04 PM

Damn Ireland were unlucky.

1-1 draw with Sweden.

Sweden 0 shots on target… They were dreadful, only did something after being behind

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Very nice goal from Italy.

Belgium 0-1 Italy

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, Italy killed it in the counter-attack at the end. Belgium did miss some clear chances in the second half.

What happened Timovieman?
Belgium will probably beat the other 2

Edit: Italy having a top manager probably helps a lot

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top