• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 08 June 2016 02:19 PM

I have high hopes for Portugal since we actually have a decent coach this time.

Are they finally playing as a team, or does the entire playbook consist of “pass to Ronaldo” again? If the former, then they have a chance and should make it to at least the quarter-finals. If the latter, then they’d be better with Ronaldo on the bench, imo.

Copa America seems to be about Argentina and Colombia for now

No surprises there… Smile

wilco - 09 June 2016 02:28 PM

Not sure about France because of the recent problems with the team that ended up with them leaving some of the best players out (Benzema). Still, they are playing home so they’ll probably go far.

There’s rarely a correlation between “issues within the team before the tournament” and the team’s play during the tournament. More often than not it’s the inverse even: the team that’s been in-fighting and having coach troubles or whatever tends to do well once the tournament starts.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 June 2016 06:32 AM
wilco - 08 June 2016 02:19 PM

I have high hopes for Portugal since we actually have a decent coach this time.

Are they finally playing as a team, or does the entire playbook consist of “pass to Ronaldo” again? If the former, then they have a chance and should make it to at least the quarter-finals. If the latter, then they’d be better with Ronaldo on the bench, imo.

Playing better as a team, coach is the same that almost took Greece to the quarter-finals in the World Cup. Also agood mix of experience and youth. Teams seems to be less Ronaldo-dependent but of course he is still a huge factor because we don’t have a good striker so the problems still exist.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its time Portugal does something, Spain had finally won several cups the past years..

But still Portugal team of world cup 2004 was the best ever,Figo, Rui Costa, Deco, Couto   and really deserved to win the cup, but shit happens,

Uh i meant Euro 2004 Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hi, I’m making a prediction game for me and my friends… so I thought I post it here and maybe we can have fun, and see which forum user wins Smile

I You need to select 16 teams (min 2, max 3 from the same group) that will go through to the knockout stage. Every guessed team is worth 5 points, for a maximum of 80 points.

II You need to predict one team that will take part in the quarterfinal, then one team that will take part in the semifinal, one team for a final, and one team to win it all. You can mix teams as you like, or just go with one team. It’s a matter of tactic. The points are 10 pts (for quarterfinalist), 15 (sf), 20 (final) and 25 (winner), for a maximum 70.

Total maximum points is 70 + 80 = 150.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is an example of a correctly-filled prediction Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alright, here goes:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Here you go:

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 10 June 2016 07:24 AM

its time Portugal does something, Spain had finally won several cups the past years..

But still Portugal team of world cup 2004 was the best ever,Figo, Rui Costa, Deco, Couto   and really deserved to win the cup, but shit happens,

Uh i meant Euro 2004 Smile

No doubt, that was our best team shot at winning something. That Euro and the World Cup 2006.
2 player still on the team: Ronaldo and Ricardo Carvalho.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, a friend of mine sent me this prediction:

because he didn’t understand fully my rules… but now I’m wondering: would it be perhaps better to predict this way? I didn’t want it as not to go into the knockout phase structure, but it’s probably better because there’re more chance that the winner of predictions is determined righteously. What ye say?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I already did mine but if we all agree I will put more predictions

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To be honest, I’m doing this sort of thing for the first time, and I’m not sure, so your opinions matter Smile I don’t know if I need to change the scoring system as well if we make additional guesses, or not.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m up for giving the full knockout roster (all quarter-finalists, all semi-finalists, both finalists and the winner).

A lot of us are going to be stuffed once the first round is over and several of the predicted quarter-finalists have to play each other in the 8th-final, but still… Tongue

Are they hosting a match to determine 3rd place? Could add that as well.
And while we’re at it: why not top goalscorer and player of the tournament as well? Maybe even most assists? Grin

It’s just for fun anyway…

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, let’s go with the full roster predictions! I’m afraid there’s no much time left, but let’s do it anyway. (there is no a 3rd place match at EURO, AFAIK)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Here you go:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 10 June 2016 11:12 AM

It’s just for fun anyway…

WHAT?!!! There’re GREAAAT prizes to be won (well, great in the “Caption Contest” sense, anyway Wink )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top