• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Not sure how Croatia threw that away. They were well in control and then out of nowhere they gave away 2 goals (one a stupid unnecessary penalty). It took 99mins before the CR got a corner.

2-2 final score.

Mad

Between this and the crowd trouble it’s not Croatia’s night.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Crazy match indeed, Croatia deserved the victory, that interruption messed their concentration. Stupid hooligans !

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 17 June 2016 01:48 PM

A minority of Croatian fans are being arseholes. Fighting in the stands and flares thrown on pitch. Do they want their team thrown out?

Apparently Yes - or at least a substantial fine to their football federation. It was apparently more of a political protest against the Croatian football federation, than traditional hooliganism.

An easy win for Spain over Turkey - not much surprise there.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Still, Croatian players are to blame themselves, for that penalty. And it seemed, even though they played a great match, they ran out of steam near the end. It almost looked as Czechs are going to score third sooner than Croatian.

Italy played solid in the second half, I don’t know why everybody expected them to shine after the Belgium match - Italy doesn’t play “beautiful”, especially not two matches in a row Grin Tongue Sweden looks toothless, although I do like their national team ever since that great generation of Larsson, Dahlin, Brolin… when they won a third place at the World Cup.

Spain, undoubtedly, showed most so far, Morata scored two, yes, but I think Nolito will be a huge player for them if they want to go deep in the tournament. And, it took an irregular goal (offside) for one team to finally score three goals in one match. Grin That’s how defensive this Euro is so far. Reminds me very much of Italy 90, the very first WC I remember watching, which is regarded is the “poorest” with record low average of goals per match (2.21), but I still found it interesting, just as this Euro. It’s not the brightest, but there’s still good atmosphere and team spirits to be seen.

Another 2 observations:

1) This is probably the EURO with the most “even” sides yet - Spain-Turkey aside, no one really outplayed their opponent so far.

2) Paradoxically to it, it is also the EURO where after a week of matches, there’s no a clear “underdog” on sight, that can go far in the tournament, and that plays offensively-minded even against the “stronger team”, like we had great Turkish side in WC2002, Bulgaria and Romania in 1994, Czechs in 1996… most are adopting “Atletico Madrid” defensive style of play instead.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 17 June 2016 06:28 PM

2) Paradoxically to it, it is also the EURO where after a week of matches, there’s no a clear “underdog” on sight, that can go far in the tournament, and that plays offensively-minded even against the “stronger team”, like we had great Turkish side in WC2002, Bulgaria and Romania in 1994, Czechs in 1996… most are adopting “Atletico Madrid” defensive style of play instead.

Croatia might fit. They play a very attractive football, cant’ wait to see how the game against Spain goes. Too bad bout those last 15min against Czech.

Belgium has been unlucky to not score in the first half

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nice to see Belgium finally turning the style on.

2-0

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another 3-0. Good game by Belgium, after the 1-0 the counterattack killed it

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just got a first glimpse of this tournament, Ronaldo missing like noob which he probably would have scored in leagues easily.
They clearly spend more on clubs , financial motivation is more than national spirit.
Thats why Germans mostly win.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ronaldo + Penalty = ROFLMAO

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hate football Frown

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 June 2016 04:53 PM

I hate football Frown

Hahaha

He knows how to letdown his country, watch…

The Deadly Striker lol,

Irinashayk took all his energy Wink

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Ronaldo missing the penalty kick pretty much sums up Portugals performance in the tournament so far - they just can’t score any goals no matter how many or how big a chance they get Meh

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We played a lot better than against Iceland and dominated most of the game but without goals there’s no way to win a match… too bad we couldn’t get one of those late winners that everybody seems to be getting. Even if somehow we manage to beat Hungary, we’ll probably leave the next round early.

nomadsoul - 18 June 2016 05:34 PM

I hate football Frown

Hahaha

The Deadly Striker lol,

That reaction was all over the country today. The guy scores more than 50 goals a season and someone manages to miss everything today. He was playing better when he was with Irina!

Iznogood - 18 June 2016 06:16 PM

Ronaldo missing the penalty kick pretty much sums up Portugals performance in the tournament so far - they just can’t score any goals no matter how many or how big a chance they get Meh

Very true!

Anyone saw the Venezuela penalty miss against Argentina? He tried to score a panenka and the keeper just grabbed the ball calmly Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 June 2016 08:08 PM

We played a lot better than against Iceland and dominated most of the game but without goals there’s no way to win a match… too bad we couldn’t get one of those late winners that everybody seems to be getting. Even if somehow we manage to beat Hungary, we’ll probably leave the next round early.

nomadsoul - 18 June 2016 05:34 PM

I hate football Frown

Hahaha

The Deadly Striker lol,

That reaction was all over the country today. The guy scores more than 50 goals a season and someone manages to miss everything today. He was playing better when he was with Irina!

Iznogood - 18 June 2016 06:16 PM

Very true!

Anyone saw the Venezuela penalty miss against Argentina? He tried to score a panenka and the keeper just grabbed the ball calmly Smile

Oh didnt know about breakup.
So that Brazilian chick was fhe culprit Sarcastic

And Irina with BradleyCooper.
Nice catch

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@Wilco

I saw it. Copa America is utter joy. Couldn’t keep myself from falling asleep otherwise would have watched Chile Mexico. 7-0 =O.

Ronaldo has been overrated for some time now. Amazing finisher if given space but can’t create anything himself. If he doesn’t get fed the ball continously in the goal area he’s useless. Against teams that pose some resistance he magically pulls a casper and disappears. Topscorer in CL but didn’t score since the quarter finals.
Should stop taking freekicks altogether at Real as well.

Sir Alex Ferguson once said: ““Ronaldo could play for Stockport County and score a hat trick” ......@*#& off.

And people still dare to compare him to Messi. XD

Watch Ronaldo fanboys forget about everything when he scores one goal against Hungary.

But he seems like a cool lad off the pitch honestly.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top