• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabegrizzlypantsVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #23: Obsidian

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TerminusEst - 18 July 2013 11:12 AM

You can be direct and Alt-F4 out of the game after a save. Or you can take the proper exit door via the Quit button and hit Space to skip the credits.

Thanks for that! I had wondered about those credits as well…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Dara100 - 18 July 2013 05:52 PM

I’ve had it installed on my XP drive for several years now, along with several hundred of my favorite games, and looked at the compatability tab to see that “play in 640 x 480” was checked, although the os was not selected.  It is playing perfectly, but i did have the bug you mentioned and will check YouTube. 

Having built a system that dual boots has made it easy to play practically any game I want to.  I always install two dvd-rw drives to make it easier to play multi-disk games.  I have Virtual PC installed too but there’s nothing like playing in a game’s original environment.

Finished the Forest and am looking forward to Sunday!

Excellent! This is going to be fun!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

I didn’t think I missed too much viewing the PDA in-game but then I viewed the video from utube and realized I had.

Probably just me but the whole premise sounds rather Michael CrichtonishThumbs Up

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2011-01-20

PM

I think I may join you guys on this one.  Long time visitor to this wonderful page but never really post on the forums but always wanted to jump in on one of these playthroughs.
Sounds like fun!

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

domith88 - 18 July 2013 08:46 PM

I think I may join you guys on this one.  Long time visitor to this wonderful page but never really post on the forums but always wanted to jump in on one of these playthroughs.
Sounds like fun!

You are most welcome to join us, of course! Also, participating in a community playthrough is a great reason to join these here forums.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finished the forest part yesterday. Quick, easy, and, honestly, unexpected environment for a sci-fi gameI intro. I liked it. Had no problems (except the aforementioned problem with not being able to read some of the PDA files because of the too-fast-scrolling of course). Waiting with anticipation.

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Anyone figure out how to install the full game? If not and if there is a lot of disc swapping I’d suggest backing up your discs, especially if they are used.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

RayB - 19 July 2013 04:25 PM

Anyone figure out how to install the full game? If not and if there is a lot of disc swapping I’d suggest backing up your discs, especially if they are used.

I’ve experimented with that a bit, but it seems like the game uses the disc labels to determine where to find the files, so I’m not sure it’s possible to do anything about that.

Then again, swapping ISOs in VirtualBox is a couple of clicks, so that should be OK anyway.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t know if this is what you were talking about earlier with the ‘bugs’ but does anyone else have trouble reading the journal entries? Mine skips lines when I go down.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 20 July 2013 08:02 AM

I don’t know if this is what you were talking about earlier with the ‘bugs’ but does anyone else have trouble reading the journal entries? Mine skips lines when I go down.

I believe it is. Scrolling down goes too fast. Happened to me too.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

The year is 2066 and humanity has just started using nanotechnological geoengineering. Welcome to the world of Obsidian, where your rules do not apply! It is time to declare the official start of the playthrough.

The Forest Realm

The Forest Realm is very short and serves as an introduction to the plot and the protagonist’s identity and background (note the Bugs section in the first post of the thread). You will learn about Lilah and Max, what they’ve been dreaming about, CERES and its purpose, the growth of Obsidian and the other strange goings-on around Lilah and Max’s campsite. After you’ve done all that, it’s time to plunge down the rabbit hole…

...into…

The Bureau Realm

...the Regional Administration Facility. Hm, doesn’t this place seem familiar somehow? Anyway, after a brief welcome from the Bureau Chief, the bridge to his office suffers an unfortunate malfunction. It is clear what needs to be done. Right? Get to it then! Chop chop!

You have two weeks to beat the first two Realms—that is until August 4th. Enjoy the trip!

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

As Paul Simon sang, “One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor.”  Grin

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Ah yes, climbing the walls seeming to totally defy gravity. Stupid games and silly word games I remember but standing in a field of wheat I cannot remember whether it’s sound or substance that hinders my progress.  Meh

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

The Bureau - obtuseness pays off! 

I haven’t replayed this game since it first came out.  No internet, so no hints on a barely capable machine that crashed invariably at the first few frames of every video.  An interesting experience.  It captivated me enough though that I soldiered through to the end and wound up thinking it was a pretty cool game even without seeing the animations.

Later on with a better video card I would load the videos and they were astonishing to me and I finally found out who the character on the box was.  Now playing the game through as it was meant to be seen is very satisfying - and fun!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Alright, let’s get started!

For those who are having trouble with scrolling in the tent and are using VirtualBox, you can do the following: Go in the menu at the bottom, select Machine > Settings > System > Processor and throttle the processor at 2% or something like that. Then scrolling works as it should. Unthrottle the processor to watch videos or play the rest of the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top