• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Martian Memorandum

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The AG review says MM doesn’t have arcade sequences. Can you guys tell me whether it features:
- Dead ends?
- Stealth sequences?
- Limited cash?
- Timed sequences?

Thanks.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Yes (I only remember one unwinnable situation though?)
No
No
Yes (but they’re very lenient)

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

OneFlesh - 17 July 2013 10:50 AM

Yes (I only remember one unwinnable situation though?)
No
No
Yes (but they’re very lenient)

There’s definitely more than one dead end (I can think of 3 or 4 off the top of my head). They’re not KQ5-awful, but there’s at least one that’s really annoying because you don’t know if you have all the items you need for some time.

As far as timed sequences go, I definitely remember a couple of them being a bit tight, but nothing impossible. Oh, and there’s one sequence where you have to avoid (fixed) laser beams which is annoying as hell.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Thanks. It seems every Tex game has at least one “annoying as hell” sequence. I’m just trying to ensure it’s not worse than that Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Antrax - 17 July 2013 11:58 AM

Thanks. It seems every Tex game has at least one “annoying as hell” sequence.

Make that Access Software. Their games were some of the most frustrating adventures ever.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I remember Countdown was insufferable as a child, but Amazon I remember liking. Of course, I had a lot more patience back then.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, some of those Access titles are pretty sadistic. I don’t think I would have payed Martian Memorandum or Mean Streets through without walkthroughs. Countdown and Amazon were the same.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Antrax - 17 July 2013 12:44 PM

I remember Countdown was insufferable as a child, but Amazon I remember liking. Of course, I had a lot more patience back then.

I liked Amazon a lot, much more than 2d Tex. Countdown I never finished because of the time limit.

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

I played it in the semi-modern era (2004) and don’t remember having much of a problem with it. Make sure you have the instructions though because there is a lot of information there that you need (unless that was only in Mean Streets?). I may have eventually used a walkthrough, I don’t recall, but if so I don’t think it was because the game did anything egregiously wrong.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Martian Memorandum’s not a real polished game, but it’s fairly playable all the same. I definitely got through it as a kid, which I didn’t for a lot of adventures.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top