• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Frogacuda - 15 June 2013 08:29 AM

I don’t think you’re quite getting the concept. The sets are in-engine. There is no “in front of the characters” and “behind the characters.” You can walk around the room in first person and look at everything.

There is in the FMV-parts. They’re not going to be including any FMV when you’re walking around the room in first person now, are they?

Basically that means that the in-game models look really good when viewed from at a distance, but lack a tiny bit of polish when viewed up close (close to the camera, that is)...

But I can definitely live with those graphics. I’m not overly demanding… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The oven looks like a sticker texture, too. There’s definite rough edges in the graphics. But there’s also a crazy amount of production value that really blows away what I’m seeing from other adventure games with similar budgets.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

tomimt - 15 June 2013 10:11 AM

You don’t need triple A budget to place a couple of more polygons into a round table. Hell, you don’t even need more than 10 minutes to model one.

But those 10 minutes all start to add up as there’s bound to be 100s of similar incidental details throughout the game - with backers to please and a very strict budget, I can forgive them a few weak points for minor things like that.

Even Bioshock Infinite has some shocking low-poly flowers/vegetation if you look at it in detail and that’s one of the prettiest games of the generation with an enormous budget.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

OneFlesh - 16 June 2013 07:56 AM
tomimt - 15 June 2013 10:11 AM

You don’t need triple A budget to place a couple of more polygons into a round table. Hell, you don’t even need more than 10 minutes to model one.

But those 10 minutes all start to add up as there’s bound to be 100s of similar incidental details throughout the game - with backers to please and a very strict budget, I can forgive them a few weak points for minor things like that.

I agree, it is often all the small details that takes a lot of the time. I would rather have a game where there are some details that could be better, than a game were they have spend the whole budget making everything perfect, and instead has to cut it in length or do something similar.

Overall i also think the picture looks fine despite the mentioned flaws.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

But as they most likely are aware where FMV bits take place they could put a bit more details on those objects.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 16 June 2013 09:32 AM

But as they most likely are aware where FMV bits take place they could put a bit more details on those objects.

And perhaps they will do that, but sometimes you simply have to draw a line and say this is good enough, lets move on.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

yeah, if it’s the final screem, I’m fine with it. It could be a tad better but this’ll definitely work if they need to put the resources into something else.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They announced big news coming July 10th. Could it be a release date?

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

wilco - 05 July 2013 05:37 PM

I’d expect we’ll get the official name of the game at least.  Can’t be more generic than “Broken Age” whatever it is.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wilco…...when was the promised release date?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fall 2013

But, yes,  it’s probably the name

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Doubtful. I’m sure they want to give themselves a little wiggle room and they’ve already nailed it down to a “Fall” release, so…

I’m hoping for a title and a teaser trailer. It could be an alpha or something though. They’re kind of getting to that point.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m betting on the title announcement.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’d be nice if they had some sort of trailer or teaser to go with it. They finished shooting the FMV some time ago, so they should have some material for it.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

By the way, the games are 60% off on GOG right now for anyone that hasn’t played them or is missing one. I assume this sale was timed to coincide with the announcement.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top