• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

Project fedora will be the best tex game ever made.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

That would put it high in the running for best adventure game of all time.

A lot of people have been saying that, though. Everyone who’s seen the thing, for one.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Very nice! The FMV stuff is looking amazing. Very realistic how the actors blend in. I can’t wait to see what some of the game play is going to look like.  I’m really excited for this game to come out!

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Another screenshot

Is there no way to scale embedded images on this forum, by the way?

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

That image looks a bit less cheesy than the last one.  Definitely better quality than the old FMV games, that’s for sure.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

What’s cool about it, too, is that they’re blending the FMV with real-time 3D sets.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I find it kind of funny how much better the current realtime 3D looks than then 3D backdrops they used in the old game back in time. Times sure have changed.

What I’m waiting for with some amount of dread is, how they’ve inserted those FMV characters in the actual game environments and how they’ll look in there. I sure hope they have come up with something else than characters that always facce in players general direction.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And the guy on the left looks a bit like Ricky Gervais. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 14 June 2013 06:23 PM

What I’m waiting for with some amount of dread is, how they’ve inserted those FMV characters in the actual game environments and how they’ll look in there. I sure hope they have come up with something else than characters that always facce in players general direction.

In Overseer, they just kind of avoided the issue entirely by not having people visible in the game environments.

It’s a tough issue to solve. I don’t know how much you really CAN do other than position them strategically so the player isn’t able to view them at awkward angles.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Am I the only one who’s not all that impressed with the 3D environments in this latest screenshot? I sure hope that isn’t final, because that’s some rookie work. A horribly stretched texture on the table. Jagged edges on the table that’s supposed to be round. And the sink and faucet looks like they have no texture at all, but rather has just been applied with a standard material of some kind.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Now that you mentuined it, Kasper, that is a pretty lowpoly model. In this time and age there’s no real reason to use such a low poly model.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree that the table (and everything on it) looks mediocre, but the rest of the background looks just fine to me.

Maybe they have more trouble with items that go in front of the actors than what goes in the back?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yes the table and the faucets could use a bit more detail, the further background looks good enough. Would be very much playable like this too but they probably should aim a bit higher.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

TimovieMan - 15 June 2013 05:25 AM

I agree that the table (and everything on it) looks mediocre, but the rest of the background looks just fine to me.

Maybe they have more trouble with items that go in front of the actors than what goes in the back?

I don’t think you’re quite getting the concept. The sets are in-engine. There is no “in front of the characters” and “behind the characters.” You can walk around the room in first person and look at everything.

So yes, it’s not cgi-quality, but that’s because it’s not cgi, it’s the actual real-time in-game graphics. I think anyone expecting a $700,000 game with 3 hours of cut-scenes to look like Heavy Rain is deluding themselves. It looks pretty amazing for what they have to work with.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You don’t need triple A budget to place a couple of more polygons into a round table. Hell, you don’t even need more than 10 minutes to model one.

But overall I really like the new picture, I just think they’ve been a bit too conservastive with some of the modeling.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top