• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This Bundle might be a bit counter productive for Tesla Effect at the moment, as it’s currently on 50% sale in GOG.

The thing with on the launch buyers is, that they often are the impulsive types. They need to have the product as soon as it hits, be it games or movies. There’s a lot of people like that, so they will be around for a long time.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m pretty sure Big Finish have sold everything they could to their target audience, and this is a pure marketing decision to make the most profit out of Tex. Actually GOG also sold Tex for half price at one point (and now again), so no wonder they are not too happy with the sales. Then again, they never made a lot of money with adventure games I think. It’s sports and casual games that fed them.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

If they’re getting on average 9 cents out of every dollar per sale, then by the amount of bundles sold so far they’ve probably made about $80,000 from 146,000 who were never going to buy a Tex Murphy game to begin with.

Right now (I don’t know how accurate steamcharts.com is?) apparently 117 people are playing; which is a bit of an improvement of the less than 10 number of people playing that the game had been trending at on Steam.

This can only be a good thing for the guys at Big Finish who, like others here have already said, have likely exhausted the majority of their possible sales through normal routes.

I wonder how many people REALLY would put off paying for a game they genuinely intend to buy in the hope/anticipation that it will be on sale eventually? I’m not convinced that most do as one has no idea IF this will ever happen, and if it does, WHEN.

I’ll buy a game that I never intended to buy if it is on sale, or cheap; but a game that I really want to play I will pay whatever price.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

An eyeopener for me. I won’t be using Humble Bundle again. Wasn’t too keen on contributing to someone else’s charities anyway, so I only bought two or three games from their store. (The Wolf Among Us refused to install properly - money down the drain.) I also bought Botanicula when it was released, but now I wonder why Amanita chose to sell a brand new game that cheap.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PC is a huge gamble, Multiplatform sales suck balls on PC because of Piracy, gamers out of Tex circle and who are not us, will probably pirate the game anyway. So might as well make some profit by this sales promotion.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top