• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Christ, knock it off.

I made a friggin’ pop culture reference, and it devolves into this? Seriously, lighten up.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 02 August 2014 08:40 AM

Christ, knock it off.

I made a friggin’ pop culture reference, and it devolves into this? Seriously, lighten up.

No, I tried to help someone and didn’t understand who his “oh come on!” comment was meant for, and it devolves into this. How I wish my AGSotD posts that I put a lot of effort into got as many responses as I got in this thread for not understanding a stupid reference! If it wasn’t for zobraks and diego…

But I’ll be happy to knock if off. Anything you say. God.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

And back to the off-topic topic - assuming the pop-culture reference haven’t been closed.

TimovieMan - 02 August 2014 08:06 AM
Iznogood - 02 August 2014 07:58 AM

That one is a bit trickier, as it seem to originate from an obscure 70’s TV series that no one has actually ever seen (at least outside of the USA).

I’ve seen some episodes when I was a teenager, and I’m outside of the USA. Tongue
But it’s become a meme as well, so it still stands.

Sure it stands - Just saying that few including myself, seems to know the origin of that particular meme.

TimovieMan - 02 August 2014 08:06 AM

Would you like me to use the Star Wars variant “Patience, young padawan” instead?

No thanks - I would prefer that you didn’t Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Iznogood - 02 August 2014 08:07 AM

It’s pretty obvious where you have to enter the password, and if I remember correctly you can’t pick up the letters before you find the place where you need to use it first. But perhaps doing some things in a different order than what I did, can lead to some logical holes here.

This hole part with the monks never did bother me, though it took quite a long time before I figured out how to get the last letter.

Thanks friend. Can you just tell me one more thing - how do i clean the petri dish? Personally I’d just use one of the towels in the bathroom and some soap, but this is a Tex Murphy game and hey what do I know about cleaning lab equipment, I’m only a chemist IRL.  Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 02 August 2014 09:08 AM

Thanks friend. Can you just tell me one more thing - how do i clean the petri dish? Personally I’d just use one of the towels in the bathroom and some soap, but this is a Tex Murphy game and hey what do I know about cleaning lab equipment, I’m only a chemist IRL.  Tongue

He he - Not everything in this game is logical or simple, but you can say that about most adventure games. As for your question, I can’t remember exactly but I think you need something special that is very hard to find because it is hidden from plain sight Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Zifnab - 02 August 2014 09:08 AM
Iznogood - 02 August 2014 08:07 AM

It’s pretty obvious where you have to enter the password, and if I remember correctly you can’t pick up the letters before you find the place where you need to use it first. But perhaps doing some things in a different order than what I did, can lead to some logical holes here.

This hole part with the monks never did bother me, though it took quite a long time before I figured out how to get the last letter.

Since I’m here Zifnab:

Yes, that’s exactly what I tried to do and was annoyed I couldn’t.

Elsewhere (in the study as it happens) you can find a bottle of acid. It’s reasonably well hidden. Actually, why anyone would have acid there remains something of a puzzle itself!

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Huh, I already knew that was there but for some reason I couldn’t pick it up before now and it didn’t say it was acid.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Jabod - 02 August 2014 09:18 AM

Since I’m here Zifnab:

Elsewhere (in the study as it happens) you can find a bottle of acid. It’s reasonably well hidden. Actually, why anyone would have acid there remains something of a puzzle itself!

I still can’t find it.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Toefur - 02 August 2014 12:27 PM
Jabod - 02 August 2014 09:18 AM

Since I’m here Zifnab:

I still can’t find it.

At the back of the room behind the desk, right-hand side facing the wall at the bottom. It took me ages to find the damn thing.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

The new trailer is very awesome! Although, I disagree that it should be FMV Game of the Year… it should be FMV game of the CENTURY! :-)

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I found it pretty funny that Tex won’t pick up a bottle of acid before he needs it and says “it’s not important”, but then later on picks up a rotten plank from a swamp the moment he arrives, saying “that might come in handy!”.

Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Yeah, I hate such inconsistency in adventure game design. It should be a case of either or.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Tesla Effect is on sale on GOG for just $8! The sale only lasts until Thursday, August 7, at 9:59AM GMT! If you were one of the people that thought “I might get it when it’s on sale”, then now is the time!

http://www.gog.com/game/tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure

For other funny quotes from the press and fans, check out the new trailer:

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Tesla Effect is 50% off on Steam for the next week, making it just $10!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261510

If you are one of the gamers that thought you “might get it when it’s on sale”, now is the time! :-)

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Warning - The $10 Steam sale ends in less than 10 hours!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top