• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Awesome Nerd

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Love the title, but not a fan of the logo using a very similar font to the very similarly named Mass Effect.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Very nice!  Thanks for the heads up MOP! Laughing

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Once again, they forget to market this as a game. Even the screenshots section is nothing but cut scene shots.

I mean if you’ve played a Tex game before, this is all very exciting, but this is part of why Pandora and Overseer didn’t sell very well. They forgot to emphasize that the excellent gameplay first and foremost, whilst showcasing live-action FMV, which most people associate with bad gameplay.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks great, and it’s my most anticipated game, I just want other people to join in the fun, too.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Other Kickstarter games do seem promising too, but this is the first Kickstarter that I have no objections with (graphic, character, theme… wise)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Frogacuda - 10 July 2013 12:20 PM

Once again, they forget to market this as a game. Even the screenshots section is nothing but cut scene shots.

I mean if you’ve played a Tex game before, this is all very exciting, but this is part of why Pandora and Overseer didn’t sell very well. They forgot to emphasize that the excellent gameplay first and foremost, whilst showcasing live-action FMV, which most people associate with bad gameplay.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks great, and it’s my most anticipated game, I just want other people to join in the fun, too.

I think games have movielike trailers and gameplay trailers separately, no? I agree that they definitely should release a gameplay trailer but this is actually more of a teaser, no need to show the game yet.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s pretty common these days to have seperate gameplay and cinematic trailers. If anything they’re selling the game the same way everyone else is doing it.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

millenia - 10 July 2013 12:38 PM

I think games have movielike trailers and gameplay trailers separately, no?

Yes, but ordinarily, one would never confuse a game for a movie. There’s a need for greater clarity here. The word “game” never even appears.

Even on the website, there are no gameplay screenshots, nor any obvious indication that this is a game. It’s a major messaging problem.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Looks awesome.

Of course I wish they had showed actual gameplay, but still syched.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

OneFlesh - 10 July 2013 11:47 AM

Love the title, but not a fan of the logo using a very similar font to the very similarly named Mass Effect.

So, that raised an alarm for you, but not the Sherlock Holmes Ink on Paper animated effect? lol You know, the most obvious spoof in the trailer?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Monolith - 10 July 2013 02:16 PM
OneFlesh - 10 July 2013 11:47 AM

So, that raised an alarm for you, but not the Sherlock Holmes Ink on Paper animated effect? lol You know, the most obvious spoof in the trailer?

Didn’t watch the trailer - trying to stay spoiler free!  Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

I hope the game doesn’t get _too_ much polish because it indeed looks very polished and professional which of course is good but Tex needs som cheese as well.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

smulan - 10 July 2013 02:35 PM

I hope the game doesn’t get _too_ much polish because it indeed looks very polished and professional which of course is good but Tex needs som cheese as well.

Oh there’s plenty of cheese. You may not have noticed the scenes involving the 6’5” 400lb drag queen they showed earlier.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Like the name. “Coming soon”... Seems unreal! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top