• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I have a feeling that it’s going to be the marketing that makes or breaks this game. As much as I like Jane Jensen and am looking forward to playing what she’s written, if I was just someone seeing that trailer for the first time, with no other background on the game, then I’d probably write it off immediately.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Good

- Solid backgrounds - a little bit too colorful palette, but not a big issue. Seems stylish.

- Great music

- Solid voice acting - Malachi sounds OK.

Bad

- Too “clean”, bland and for a peculiar reason too “thin” main model. As it is now, it seems the design team cared only that he looks neat, pretty and shaved. Grin I’d say other models even look a bit better than the main character.

- “Paper doll” animation syndrome seems to be spreading to every graphics-style - it’s less noticeable here, the character’s movement are not that bad, but occasionally it seems like the “puppeteer” from behind is shaking their heads.

Conclusion

As for now, the (most probably) deep story and epic music with interesting-looking locations seems to be of a much better quality than characters and characters’ animations. Perhaps the team would concentrate on improving or changing some aspects of it until the release.

Also, let’s not forget that according to Jane, Moebius is split into 3 parts, and they still haven’t decided if it’s going to be episodic. I’d say, the chances are it’s going to be 3 episodes, so the things might even improve with later episodes, although I don’t know how smart is to have another episodic game along with Cognition.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I don’t think you can expect any better considering the budget. I think it looks fine anyway. Actually better than I expected. Let’s hope it will turn out well! Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jatsie - 28 March 2013 07:29 PM

I have a feeling that it’s going to be the marketing that makes or breaks this game. As much as I like Jane Jensen and am looking forward to playing what she’s written, if I was just someone seeing that trailer for the first time, with no other background on the game, then I’d probably write it off immediately.

Agreed. The Kickstarter campaign made a terrible first impression on everyone but fans, so they really need to come up with something stronger for the game itself. I mean, it’s not just the underfunded character models: the selection of scenes, lines and text doesn’t make you excited about the game—it just seems like a random selection of stuff from what they’ve finished. It may have been somewhat cheesy, but the GK3 trailer did a much better job of selling its game.

I think Jensen will really need to hire professionals to make the final trailer when the game gets closer to release. Yes, it will cost money, but making a good first impression matters.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

ozzie - 28 March 2013 07:52 PM

I don’t think you can expect any better considering the budget.

Actually, I think Cognition models worked better - they might be more “sticking” out of the backgrounds, but I think they had more depth to them.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

I don’t want to be rude but there is negative, (I am not talking constructive criticism) sarcastic crap coming every time there is a small update to any game in development on this forum. Nomadsouls comment a few posts before mine about everything being lol, especially just makes me sad.

I will be the first to admit I am biased when it comes to Jane Jensen games, but I found the voice acting good, the music good, the plot very “Jane Jensen” interesting and the graphics at least ok.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It looks perfectly fine to me, actually it looked better than i had expected.
It might not win any awards for art or animations, but less can also do.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I think the trailer did it’s job. I’m a fan, but still…I think it conveyed it’s premise and promise of intrigue adequately enough.

For 400k, they’re doing a reasonable job. And I wish some folk on here would acknowledge that (some have; others, not so much…)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

its not a particularly good trailer. But that doesnt mean anything to me about the game.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

I had only read the first few posts after the trailer hit when I had my rant. Thank god there has been a lot of much more sensible posts after that ;-)

The trailer is far from perfect but considering the low budget, this game looks very good to me. Have to try the demo on Sunday before any real conclusion of course. Can’t wait

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Adventure knight - While the sarcasm is a problem, know that your own opinion is no more constructive than a “negative” one. If we were to be limited to constructive posts you would find this thread (and most of the forum) empty. That’s the way it is.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Why every male in this game has a Cristiano Ronaldo style?

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

bulak - 28 March 2013 10:31 PM

Why every male in this game has a Cristiano Ronaldo style?

Why not?

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 28 March 2013 05:51 PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/a4cum2/jane-jensen-s-moebius-exclusive-trailer

Exclusive trailer, lol at VoiceActing

EDIT: Everything is lol worthy, walking animation, generic model straight from
Sims or Poser default model with preset features.

I like the voice acting and the music. The backgrounds are also nice.

The trailer itself is not very exciting. Maybe they need better marketing people. Remember the Phantasmagoria, GK1, GK2 and GK3 teasers? Now those really got you to sit up and pay attention. Sierra’s marketing was always top notch. Yes, the following videos look outdated (they’re almost 20 years old!) but they are still more lively and electrifying than this brand new Moebius one. But I guess I also have to remember that the Moebius budget is a lot more modest.

Phantasmagoria:

Gabriel Knight:

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Hihihi, that animation is quite funny.
The backgrounds look quite different from how they’ve been shown in the pdfs, so I was quite positively surprised about that. I don’t especially enjoy Malachi’s look, he reminds me of a thin Gru (Despicable Me - because of how he sits down on that chair), but I liked his voice actor.
There wasn’t anything in the trailer that made me not want to play the game, but I think it might not be enough to draw in new people.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top