• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

I’m still very excited for the game, but I hope they’ll put together something much more exciting when the game is about to be released so that they can draw in the average gamer. I really want this game to succeed so that we can have more Jane Jensen games in the future, but I can’t help but be a little pessimistic about that.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

The visual style I can get used to….it’s bland and with kind of budget it must be a real challenge to pull of the “realistic” ambience (which is much harder than cartoony style).

But the voice acting…...my my…..this is the worst I have heard in a long long time.
Surely these are temp voices, recorded just for the trailer?

Otherwise this is quite a departure from what we gotten used to in GK1 and even GK3.
If this is the real thing, then I’m really hoping for a “turn off voices” option ;-)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

adventure knight - 28 March 2013 08:17 PM

I don’t want to be rude but there is negative, (I am not talking constructive criticism) sarcastic crap coming every time there is a small update to any game in development on this forum. Nomadsouls comment a few posts before mine about everything being lol, especially just makes me sad.

I will be the first to admit I am biased when it comes to Jane Jensen games, but I found the voice acting good, the music good, the plot very “Jane Jensen” interesting and the graphics at least ok.

Dude i am loving TimSchafer/DF game, went nuts over DreamfallChapters, maybe you missed that and will be there day 1 for Broken Sword, problem with guys like you is that anything negative being said TOWARDS GAME is TAKEN as Personal offense by fans like you, contructive or not has bearing on your own expectaions, the trailer and its characters are worse than GeminiRue 2D pixel art(really nicely drawn game so was Primordia), there are million ways to go with low budget if one has sense of artistry and aesthetics and this game fails to impress me,if you like it, good for you, no problems here, customer has right to choose.Smile

I had high expectations from Jane and i could go even as far as to say Graymatter and
GK3 still looks way better than this. And the music is generic , where is Robert Holmes
touch??

And that was not sarcastic crap that was direct criticism, blatant LOL for bland art.
Maybe i should reserve my constructive criticism for constructive game development
effort.Tongue

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Panthera - 29 March 2013 02:21 AM

There wasn’t anything in the trailer that made me not want to play the game, but I think it might not be enough to draw in new people.

That’s how I feel.

The trailer doesn’t even give a strong enough sense that the game will be a thriller, and it lacked umph. Half the trailer felt like the opening credits sequence of a tv series or like a preview for an upcoming tv show; seemed like “tonight on Murder, She Wrote” should be the opening voiceover line.

And what’s with the “woman with a destiny interrupted” line? That sounds a bit corny, meaningless to the viewer, and then they don’t even show a woman when that text appears. It’s weird. And then you see the cliche “man on a mission” line, but you aren’t given an enticing preview of what the mission entails. There is another line about governments scrambling, but the sentence is too long, there isn’t enough time to read it, and it doesn’t seem to be that tied into the scenes we are shown.

Also, I love the music, but it’s wrong for a trailer which is supposed to create excitement and really grab the viewer.

The trailer should be exciting and should make it clear that the player will be investigating a thrilling mystery and will be doing a lot of exploration fraught with danger or something. And at least mention some of the themes and topics related to Malachi’s quest.

Someone watching that trailer is going to be left with almost nothing. How would someone (previously unfamiliar with Moebius) describe the game after watching that?

I actually think this is going to be a great game. I so want it to do well. Definitely needs to be sold better with more effective marketing.

And in the trailer cant they say “acclaimed adventure game designer and Gabriel Knight creator Jane Jensen” or something? New players will have no idea who she is.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t think the trailer is that bad. The game looks a lot better than Cognition does and the character models are a huge improvement on what we’ve seen from Phoenix previously. Still, it does look like a budget game, which is pretty much is.

In all honesty I was a tad skeptical at first, when Phoenix was announced as the developer, but from the looks of the trailer it does seem that there’s been quite an advancement in the quality they can put out.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

All I’m reading these days with most of these game announcements is a lot of people living up to this….. http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/17539

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 29 March 2013 07:26 AM

All I’m reading these days with most of these game announcements is a lot of people living up to this….. http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/17539

Is that really all you’re reading? I see praise and all other kinds of feedback. When someone takes the time to give a lot of feedback, it usually means they really care! If there weren’t demanding fans with high expectations keeping developers on their toes and always wanting better/more, imagine how lazy some of the game makers might get. I say bring on the demanding fan feedback. The more the better.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

I agree that the trailer is a little poor on the “what the game is about” part. I don’t believe this is the final official trailer and maybe should have been called a first look video instead of a trailer.

To Nomadsoul: I know it seemed like I blamed you for every thing negative, but I have no Idea what you have said in other threads. Your name came up only because of the “everything is LOL” comment as an example and nothing else. Negative criticism is fine. In fact is is better than fine. games would never be better if no one had any constructive criticism. I realize I bring nothing new to the debate and that being to positive is only slightly better than being only negative, but if I would find everything laughable about something I would not dream of posting it online because then I would have no interest in the project anymore. Again I have no problem with anything else you said in your last post, well except perhaps this part"problem with guys like you is that anything negative being said TOWARDS GAME is TAKEN as Personal offense by fans like you”

but I’ll give you that one without a counter argument Smile I will shut up now lol

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-04-06

PM

I laughed my socks off reading this. This made my day.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

So true, ha! Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lets have fun with Tim and Jane .. this is getting interesting Crazy

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

wow, I just watched the trailer and it sure looks interesting!  It reminds me of GK3, somewhat. I can’t wait.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The brief part with the robe gives a glimpse of an interesting-looking interface, imo.

That the same type of interface as in Cognition, or something new?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

It’s a new interface in terms of looks (and some of the actions available), but the functionality is similar, yes.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Looks better than I was expecting when I backed. Pretty impressive for the budget, really. The animation is pretty stiff, but I can get over it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top