• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

diego - 04 January 2013 06:55 PM

Another thing - I haven’t played Gray Matter, but I’m finding more positive than negative comments in the adventure gamers circle, and I think it’s a hell of an achievement - because Jane didn’t have at disposal all what Sierra had to offer, with composers, artists, budget…

Gray Matter is a great game.  I didn’t play it until a couple of years after it came out.  I missed all the background development drama, and I certainly wasn’t expecting anything like GK.  It ended up being one of my favorites of the last couple of years.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I played Gray Matter before I voted for the next Jane Jensen game during the Pinkerton Road campaign. I thought this would be a good way to make my mind up. In the end I voted for GM2, so I think I really liked the first one. It’s a flawed game, not question about it, but it also really moved me emotionally, and it continued to echo in my mind the following days.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 04 January 2013 06:55 PM

Another thing - I haven’t played Gray Matter, but I’m finding more positive than negative comments in the adventure gamers circle, and I think it’s a hell of an achievement - because Jane didn’t have at disposal all what Sierra had to offer, with composers, artists, budget…

She did have a composer at her disposal. And a good one, too! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

recently according to jane, they might make moebius episodic.. but they havnt decided.
Im eagerly anticipating receiving moebius in 2015, right alongside the announcement of MGX Wink

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

You are going to get Moebius a lot sooner than that, I can tell you that. We are going to enter voice recordings in February and from then, start to work on getting this baby released in *months*. Definitely a 2013 release.

As for MGX, I hope this can be announced soon as well. But that’s not in Jane’s hand, unfortunately. It’ll be well worth the wait.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

cesarbittar - 04 February 2013 03:18 AM

You are going to get Moebius a lot sooner than that, I can tell you that. We are going to enter voice recordings in February and from then, start to work on getting this baby released in *months*. Definitely a 2013 release.

As for MGX, I hope this can be announced soon as well. But that’s not in Jane’s hand, unfortunately. It’ll be well worth the wait.

Great news thanks for info.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Malachi Rector  .. isn’t he more cute than Gabe Naughty

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

He’s gorgeous. Though I don’t know, if Gabe was drawn today, I bet he’d look just as….awesome.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Advie - 04 March 2013 01:27 AM

Malachi Rector  .. isn’t he more cute than Gabe Naughty

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii591/Advie1/photo_zps4324400f.png

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii591/Advie1/photo51_zps2f4145ab.png

He is in that artwork, the in-game 3D model is another matter though…

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Ugh, models always are something in the adventure genre. One day, I hope a lot of the skilled modelers take a look and maybe jump in and have fun with us adventurers. Meh I don’t want to see the 3d model, just to be disappointed.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/a4cum2/jane-jensen-s-moebius-exclusive-trailer

Exclusive trailer, lol at VoiceActing

EDIT: Everything is lol worthy, walking animation, generic model straight from
Sims or Poser default model with preset features.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t like the main guy. Totally bland. Can we bring back Sam?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Oscar - 28 March 2013 05:59 PM

I don’t like the main guy. Totally bland. Can we bring back Sam?

Was thinking the same thing. The backgrounds look good, but the models look really odd and out of proportion. I know you can’t get much out of a trailer, but he seemed really uninteresting too.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Characters look a bit dated and their movement is awkward, but that’s about it, imo.
Backgrounds look good, and you can’t forget that this game is made with the smallest budget of the “big” Kickstarters. You can’t expect AAA-graphics…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’m happy with what I saw. Nothing wrong with the voice-acting from what I heard.

The models are actually better than I was expecting. Certainly seem an improvement on the Cognition models anyway. But with such a small budget, I’d rather they put their focus on giving us more actual substance in the story/gameplay, rather than superficial, aesthetic perfection. Besides, as I said,  I think they’re quite serviceable. But each their own.

As for him being bland…that was my initial reaction the first time I read about him during the Kickstarter. But I decided then to withhold judgement until the story plays itself out. And I will still do that. Let’s just wait and see where the story takes him…

No doubt I’m a fanboy, but that trailer did nothing to lower my (very high) excitement for the game. Smile

Serious adventure games are extremely difficult to get right, and I’m beyond keen to let a master gaming storyteller weave her magic once again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top