• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

F*** that was so much better than I though it would be…plus that music tends to get me on my good side! Grin I can’t wait. Too bad no voice acting the trailer though.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Definitely a facelift from the original, but I don’t share the enthusiasm about the music. Sure, it induces nostalgia in me as it’s basically the same music as the original, but it’s surprisingly synthetic to have been made on modern computers. Something tells me Robert Holmes hasn’t updated his VST library in quite a few years.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

It seems there is a fresh batch of screenshots also, I’m way too excited for this…

http://worthplaying.com/article/2014/3/20/news/91779/images/

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

When I compare this to that, I prefer the latter.

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Me too.  Neutral But I will buy the remake, no matter how good or bad it is. I want a GK4!

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I agree, the new voodoo shop scene is a bit overdone, but the new book shop scenes and Malias mansion look fantastic.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The step up from Moebius is amazing. Looking pretty good.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Yes, voodoo shop is certainly the worst, other backgrounds range from poor to even good.

I’m more concerned now about the character models and their animation and of course how the new cast will sound.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Hmm, I don’t get what’s suppose to be so bad about the voodoo shop at all. I agree that the music doesn’t sound the most organic but hearing the same awesome theme remastered is still really cool.

Bogi - 21 March 2014 11:36 AM

I’m more concerned now about the character models and how their animation and of course how the new cast will sound.

If you look at the trailer the animation is incredibly smooth. The character models also blends really well with the backgrounds (except for the ocassional foot being a bit off compared to the ground). It sure will be interesting to hear the new voices.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

...the voodoo shop is quite authentic to the locale more so than the original. The original looks like a meh 7-Eleven.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

From what I saw in the Big Easy, quite the contrary.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Granted, I’ve never been in New Orleans nor in a voodoo store for the matter, but I do think the remake version looks a bit too much like b-movie set with all the candles and dark shadows.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

The trailer does make the game look pretty good!  Animations are well done Smile  However when I look at the screenshots i’m back to feeling a little disappointed. It’s the same problem I had with Moebius’ background art. Remind me a little bit of those cheap casual games. The backgrounds are admittedly very loyal to the original so I will give it that, but there is just something which I can’t put my finger on which is stopping me from really liking the background art! As long as they are atmospheric though I’m sure everything will turn out well. Judging by the trailer it is atmospheric! The cutscenes are looking great too!

One of the scenes in particular that I have a problem with is the crime scene. In the original it was very eerie, with trees hanging in the corner of the screen giving us this sense that this is quite a secluded area! In the remake theres a sunset in the background and it’s all quite open, leaving us feeling less claustrophobic. Also I assume there will be barely animation like the original where there are a lot of policemen on the scene that put the body into the back of the van and drive away. I reckon in the remake the screen will fade to black and the cars will be gone… only an assumption though. I hope this isn’t the case.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Bogi - 21 March 2014 02:34 PM

From what I saw in the Big Easy, quite the contrary.

tomimt - 21 March 2014 02:42 PM

Granted, I’ve never been in New Orleans nor in a voodoo store for the matter, but I do think the remake version looks a bit too much like b-movie set with all the candles and dark shadows.

You guys are simply watching the wrong movies. Wink

Image Attachments

angel_heart_voodoo_shop.jpg

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Screenshots look awesome, even the voodoo shop. Looks more authentic than the original too, imo (based on what I can find online). I don’t get what you guys feel is wrong with it…

Also, Angel Heart = teh awes0me! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top