• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Monolith - 14 March 2014 03:03 PM

Can’t seem to find the Jane Jensen Mystery X thread. Maybe it got deleted? Anyways,this is a new screenshot for the GK1 remake.

http://postudios.tumblr.com/post/79552634879/meet-phoenix-devs-and-play-demos-at-gdc

Get excited for next weeks GDC!

this is the mgx thread renamed.
Hm! Sounds like people are going to know what the new gabe sounds like in a matter of days.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zane - 14 March 2014 04:51 PM

Hm! Sounds like people are going to know what the new gabe sounds like in a matter of days.

Let’s hope he sounds like Tim Curry. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Looks like they used a smart cursor? But this means they had to cut out 2/3 of the original script. And yet the total number of points is 353, compared to the original 342. Confusing and disturbing…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

This looks bad, this looks baaaad… 

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

And to think that this will attract new base, good sales for activision to greenlit
GK4..tsk tsk.

I dunno but i am liking the atmosphere in the pic.Tongue

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Doom - 14 March 2014 05:53 PM

Looks like they used a smart cursor?

How can you tell just from that screenshot? It could just as well be a verb wheel.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2008-05-08

PM

Looks pretty cool to me. I hope they make some of the puzzles easier. I was about to replay this before trying the sequels but now I’ll wait for this new version. I don’t know how successful it’ll be at bringing new people into the genre but I’ll definitely recommend it.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Frogacuda - 14 March 2014 10:05 PM

How can you tell just from that screenshot? It could just as well be a verb wheel.

It’s not a smart cursor.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

And yet the total number of points is 353, compared to the original 342. Confusing and disturbing…

Jane said when it was announced that she was hoping to include a couple of extra puzzles - I’d imagine that accounts for the extra 11 pts. What’s confusing and what’s disturbing?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Looks like they used a smart cursor? But this means they had to cut out 2/3 of the original script.

theres an icon at the bottom that looks like it could pull up the verb options. And of course theres always the mouse wheel. But even if it was a smart cursor… how exactly would that “cut 2/3 of the script”...?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve played several remakes of classic adventure games on the ipad and really enjoyed them. I’ve always welcomed additional material - makes the purchase well worth it.

I bought GK1 years after it was released in mint condition at a computer software store bargain bin for $4 dollars and loved it.

I will buy this game day one.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Frogacuda - 14 March 2014 10:05 PM

zane - 15 March 2014 10:02 AM

theres an icon at the bottom that looks like it could pull up the verb options. And of course theres always the mouse wheel. But even if it was a smart cursor… how exactly would that “cut 2/3 of the script”...?

It just looks like one of those transparent cursors filled with colour when they hit an active object. The icon at the bottom looks like it has something to do with storing all dialogues (like the tape recorder in the original game). As for the script, GK1 was designed with many actions and interactions in mind. You can’t just replace them with a smart cursor without losing many-many lines.

DaveyB - 15 March 2014 07:51 AM

Jane said when it was announced that she was hoping to include a couple of extra puzzles - I’d imagine that accounts for the extra 11 pts. What’s confusing and what’s disturbing?

The interface is confusing. If it simplified the gameplay, the score system might’ve been simplified too. But I’m not following the project closely, so if Jane promised extra puzzles, that’s cool with me!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^also, in regards to the scoring system, dont forget that the game isnt done. At various stages of the moebius beta they tossed up point numbers which changed and didnt mean very much during the beta. It was just to give an idea of what it could look like.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

zane, indeed. I just hope they won’t go the casual way further than the “hint” star and a more user-friendly interface (which is unavoidable with iPads/Androids I guess). I’m gonna buy the game regardless that or extra stuff, since there’s GK4 at stake.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

youfightlikeadairyfarmer - 14 March 2014 11:33 PM

Looks pretty cool to me. I hope they make some of the puzzles easier.

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top