• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’ll be at GDC, in fact, and playing this demo. (QFI is being demoed there too) so I’ll let you know.  If you’re in San Francisco, we’re having a meet and greet with Phoenix Online, Jane Jensen and Infamous Quests - if you’re interested, let me know and I can send you an invite.

Bt

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

That HUD will be the bane of my existence when I play this game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

My opinions on the interface will be withheld until I see that gameplay content at GDC, but I will say I don’t mind it lacking an interface. Just like GK1, the interface hides itself when not in use. I highly believe there isn’t some over simplification just to be more casual.

My only issue is still with the general look of the game. Gabriel and characters look too much like Poser models which I see a bit in adventure games. They look lazy and lose a lot of personality. Its like a mix between messy Casual Hidden Object Games with messy photo manipulated backdrops those very low budget adventures with “Easy Way Out” character models from a human model pack. lol

I love Jane and Phoenix, so surely they know what they’re doing.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Mm, just realized the GDC trailer is unlisted so I probably shouldn’t be linking to it? The few scenes it shows look better in motion than I thought they would (the characters still kinda stand out, but again, better than expected).
And that music never ceases to invoke them chills on the spine.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It does look better than Moebius.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Hm, yeah, it looks better in motion than I thought it would. Still, I don’t like how the Dixieland Drug Store looks in the remake, the naturalness of the original artwork is missing and replaced with an all too obvious horror vibe. They really went overboard with the desaturation and lack of brightness there. I liked that in the original a lot of the horror lurked beneath the mundane, while in the remake the cards are laid open much to soon.
I remain skeptical about the remake and still look very much forward to Moebius! Grin

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Absolutely gorgeous handpainted backgrounds with motion captured animation.

This is as good as it gets with your clothes on. Wink

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The trailer looks pretty great. Still anxiously awaiting voices..

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, those several scenes look quite impressive, authentic and very detailed.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

tomimt - 20 March 2014 10:36 AM

It does look better than Moebius.

It looks soooo much better than Moebius. I don’t know if this is due to much better character models or that the camera simply stays farther away from the 3D objects.

Amazing, it looks like this is made by an entirely different company.

It feel very GK-ish in style and atmosphere. The cutscene’s look great too…..from the few scene’s displayed.

Great job Phoenix Online!
I’ll be getting this the minute it’s out!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I said it months ago that Moebius will be serving GK1 remake sales right well.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Woahhh GK looks Fantastic, atmosphere , production…up my hype list.
Moebius looks garbage.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

zane - 15 March 2014 10:02 AM
Doom - 14 March 2014 05:53 PM

Looks like they used a smart cursor? But this means they had to cut out 2/3 of the original script.

theres an icon at the bottom that looks like it could pull up the verb options. And of course theres always the mouse wheel. But even if it was a smart cursor… how exactly would that “cut 2/3 of the script”...?

I wouldn’t doubt it for a second.  GK1 was one of those rare games that had a unique response for EVERYTHING you tried.  And it had what, 8 icons?  Using every one on every hotspot gave a completely unique (and generally humorous) response.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

This new trailer looks amazing, the animations and locations look great, and the music wow. Just when I remember all the negative comments about those couple of screenshots that were posted earlier, but still I will keep my expectations at a normal level (if that is even posibble, since I am big GK fan) until I see more of the game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Not unlisted.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top