• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Chuchel

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

awoma - 27 December 2018 09:48 AM

The reaction on steam has been horrendous. People are trying their best to put Amanita out of business, including full-on neonazis in the discussion forums with iron cross avatars, and review-bombing in an attempt to reduce sales.

All because they want a different colour scheme.

I’m not sure where you parked your brain before writing that as it only takes a minute to check on Steam to find that it’s a complete and utter lie.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2016-06-03

PM

Jabod - 27 December 2018 01:41 PM

The reaction on steam has been horrendous. People are trying their best to put Amanita out of business, including full-on neonazis in the discussion forums with iron cross avatars, and review-bombing in an attempt to reduce sales.

I’m not sure where you parked your brain before writing that as it only takes a minute to check on Steam to find that it’s a complete and utter lie.

There really is no need to be so insulting. It is not a lie. I looked at the discussions and saw, for example, this:

That poster is a neonazi. He has an Assassin’s Creed iron cross for his avatar. He does not actually own Chuchel, or for that matter any Amanita games, or indeed any adventure games, but goes on various steam discussion forums promoting white nationalism.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

awoma - 27 December 2018 02:31 PM
Jabod - 27 December 2018 01:41 PM

There really is no need to be so insulting. It is not a lie. I looked at the discussions and saw, for example, this:

That poster is a neonazi. He has an Assassin’s Creed iron cross for his avatar. He does not actually own Chuchel, or for that matter any Amanita games, or indeed any adventure games, but goes on various steam discussion forums promoting white nationalism.

It is still a lie however you want to phrase it. If you’d said that somewhere in the list of complaints is ONE person that has an Assassins Creed Iron Cross as an avatar (but that is also the Cross of St George used in lots of places. The Crusades for a start just to stay historical) and he promotes white supremacy elsewhere on Steam (why haven’t Valve kicked him off?) then fair enough. One person though. And you’ve been hunting to find someone that fits your agenda. So you using a plural is a lie at worst and crass exaggeration at best.
So not an insult but an observable fact.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Every big site has its bunch of trolls who make use of these sort of situations. Which doesn’t make everyone who wants Chuchel black (I stole this from some review heading) a neonazi or even a hate speaker. It’s just what I was talking about: the more you push your political agenda on people, the worse the tension gets. And the fact that you use only those hate comments to describe the situation doesn’t help either. What I noticed are lots of new positive reviews that start with something like “Ok, changing color was a dumb decision which hurt Chuchel, Amanita shouldn’t have listened to a bunch of losers”, but then they praise the game and express support to the devs who didn’t deserve to be trashed. And I tend to agree with them, even though I still think that this was a marketing move to sell more copies of an old game during holidays. Guess they’ll learn their lesson now)

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2016-06-03

PM

Jabod - 27 December 2018 04:14 PM

It is still a lie however you want to phrase it. If you’d said that somewhere in the list of complaints is ONE person that has an Assassins Creed Iron Cross as an avatar (but that is also the Cross of St George used in lots of places. The Crusades for a start just to stay historical) and he promotes white supremacy elsewhere on Steam (why haven’t Valve kicked him off?) then fair enough. One person though. And you’ve been hunting to find someone that fits your agenda. So you using a plural is a lie at worst and crass exaggeration at best.

Calling me stupid was a needless insult. Yes I went to find examples because you said I was lying when I was not. I found a neonazi (using neonazi imagery, supporting white nationalism) in one of the first threads I clicked on, which is why I mentioned this. Please do not defend this kind of person.
I have been physically attacked by neonazis. They are not good people. It is clear that you do not like me for being left wing, but please see that neonazis are not on your side - if you have friends in any minority then they would also be attacked by these people. They are not good people.

Doom - 27 December 2018 04:21 PM

Every big site has its bunch of trolls who make use of these sort of situations. Which doesn’t make everyone who wants Chuchel black (I stole this from some review heading) a neonazi or even a hate speaker. It’s just what I was talking about: the more you push your political agenda on people, the worse the tension gets. And the fact that you use only those hate comments to describe the situation doesn’t help either. What I noticed are lots of new positive reviews that start with something like “Ok, changing color was a dumb decision which hurt Chuchel, Amanita shouldn’t have listened to a bunch of losers”, but then they praise the game and express support to the devs who didn’t deserve to be trashed. And I tend to agree with them, even though I still think that this was a marketing move to sell more copies of an old game during holidays. Guess they’ll learn their lesson now)

Definitely, the neonazis are not a majority and do not represent your views or the average views of people who oppose the change, but their presence is scary and must be acknowledged and opposed. I am glad we agree that whatever side is taken on this, Amanita deserve support and we can hope for more good games from them in future. Agreement is in the Christmas spirit after all!  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

take it easy awoma! just try for min to understand that these forums (here) are not the usual ‘say-whatever-on your-mind-how-you want-it’ are more like a community where there are people here who had been using it for more than 18-19 years and they/we almost know each other and also welcome much new comers like you who add some different controversial aspects as long as it respect the minds of people here, you only had posted 13 times, mostly about things like steam we all use it all the time more than you can imagine and we know all that happens there, so just let it go, merry Christmas man and happy new year and welcome to Adventuregamers, i think you will enjoy it here more than anywhere else and will feel how intelligent and respectful people are here.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Jabod - 27 December 2018 04:14 PM

I’ve been following the Chuchel steam forum since the “incident” and there’s definitely a lot of racism present. I don’t know if it’s neonazis but it’s a bit dishonest to say it’s not there. I mean of course it is. There are racists around and there is racism. That doesn’t mean all of us against the change are racist. I’m not. I just prefer the old Chuchel.

And also, please, can we stop with the “you have a political agenda but I don’t” line? We all have an agenda here, we would not be posting about it if we didn’t. It’s not hard to see that no one is ever impartial in these discussions.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

awoma - 27 December 2018 04:33 PM

I am glad we agree that whatever side is taken on this, Amanita deserve support and we can hope for more good games from them in future. Agreement is in the Christmas spirit after all! Agreement is in the Christmas spirit after all!  Smile

Agreed Smile

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top