• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I’m sure MGX will be an episodic King’s Quest adventure game. Thanks to the video update it seems obvious now: we know that Telltale had the license and worked on it for awhile now. And since Jane Jensen was co-designer on the fan favorite, then why wouldn’t they want to get her on to the project? And it also makes sense that Jensen says we would be excited about it. Because: another King’s Quest game written by Jane Jensen? Heck yeah! Grin

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

According to the Pinkerton Road forums Jane Jensen has said she in not working with Telltale

so not Fable, not dark King’s Quest, sorry to say this but probably not Gabriel Knight

My fear is that with all this speculation of what wonderful game could be coming, it’ll actually be something comparatively disappointing and prosaic-like a game based on a James Patterson series (Jane has worked on his stuff before)

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

If its not Gabriel Knight or Gray Matter episodes then I will definitely be disappointed considering how much she over emphasizes how excited fans will be.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

afterglow2001 - 19 November 2012 03:09 PM

According to the Pinkerton Road forums Jane Jensen has said she in not working with Telltale

so not Fable, not dark King’s Quest, sorry to say this but probably not Gabriel Knight

My fear is that with all this speculation of what wonderful game could be coming, it’ll actually be something comparatively disappointing and prosaic-like a game based on a James Patterson series (Jane has worked on his stuff before)

Okay, either she’s deceiving us (for good reasons) or I’m lost. Because who else has experience with episodic gaming? Anyone?

Edit: Anyway, can’t say I’m wooed by the background and character art shown of Moebius, but the WIP cutscene was already wonderful and had me immediately intrigued. Jane certainly hasn’t lost her touch for storytelling!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

If Telltale isn’t involved, I wonder who the developer is? Could Activision be working on the game “in house”?

Or maybe Jane is using the development team from Eastern Europe? She had a video during her kickstarter that introduced that team.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I’m thinking the developer of MGX could be Phoenix Online. They have experience with episodic games with The Silver Lining and now Cognition, and they were just announced as the developer of Moebius.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

How many projects can Phoenix Online handle at the same time? I somewhat doubt it. But my King’s Quest theory doesn’t seem to hold up either: back when she first announced Mystery Game X while the Kickstarter campaign was still running, she said that it would be a dark mystery game that is normally associated with her. So, unless King’s Quest got a radical overhaul in terms of tone and genre, it might not be it.

This is truly a mystery waiting to be solved! I just don’t know who else does episodic games…any casual games publisher, maybe?

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Could Phoenix handle MGX, Moebius, and Cognition all at the same time? I certainly have faith in them as developers, but just from a logistical standpoint they’re quite busy with Cognition and, as we’ve just learned, Moebius. I just don’t see them having the human resources to balance a third major project. Maybe they’re zombies who don’t sleep?

I hope Katie can chime in soon, though if Phoenix is the developer she won’t be able to say much. I’m also wondering if Katie will do an announcement over at the PO website to confirm their involvement with Moebius.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Wasn’t there a false alarm tease for a new GK game last year? I can’t remember what it was though.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

it was this:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

inm8#2 - 19 November 2012 03:31 PM

Could Phoenix handle MGX, Moebius, and Cognition all at the same time?

Yeah probably not. Unless they’re zombies who don’t sleep like you say or they’ve been hiring like crazy.  Grin

On top of that, let’s not forget they still have that final episode of The Silver Lining to complete as well.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

no no no, the implication is MGX is being funded by a relatively big publisher. You cant consider phoenix online a publisher, especially one thats capable of funding widescale promotions. (they arent even technically funding their own stuff). And she did mention in the new video that this publisher has their own development team thats going to be working on it.

Lets see… a big publisher, that wants to do an episodic adventure game… and its not telltale. Yeah, im stumped.
Well hmm. Considering the clues about the release philosophy this publisher has… im becoming more and more inclined to think this is a publisher that deals with primarily casual games.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Phoenix Online is a developer. Activision is a publisher.

Nobody said PO is the publisher.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

inm8#2 - 19 November 2012 04:02 PM

Phoenix Online is a developer. Activision is a publisher.

Nobody said PO is the publisher.

right, jane did say however that the publisher was also working on the development in this case. So thats why my brain jumped to conlusions when somebody brought up phoenix online.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Did she say that (the publisher is also the developer)? I don’t doubt you, I just don’t recall it. Was it in the video or posted somewhere?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top