• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

inm8#2 - 19 November 2012 04:41 PM

Did she say that (the publisher is also the developer)? I don’t doubt you, I just don’t recall it. Was it in the video or posted somewhere?

hmm i could be wrong about that, having difficulty finding the source Tongue

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

zane - 19 November 2012 04:46 PM
inm8#2 - 19 November 2012 04:41 PM

Did she say that (the publisher is also the developer)? I don’t doubt you, I just don’t recall it. Was it in the video or posted somewhere?

hmm i could be wrong about that, having difficulty finding the source Tongue

I think you’re a spy from the publisher sent to throw off our scent!

Cool

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

TerminusEst - 19 November 2012 12:51 PM

Robert Holmes on kickstarter: The CSG members on $50 and above will receive the full game, not just one episode.

I was very worried about this, so I’m glad that’s settled.  You know, I never thought this was much of a possibility at all, but now I’m starting to think more and more this is going to be some kind of game in the Gabriel Knight universe, though possibly not GK4 per se.  The only other possibility that makes any kind of sense would be a Gray Matter sequel of sorts, but I think that is highly unlikely since that was a choice in the original selection and it wasn’t chosen. 

It also seems to me ironically that the level of anticipation at this point is much higher for MGX than for Moebius. 

I think MGX needs to make an appearance in the official hype-o-meter, likely in the top 5.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

There is no way that Phoenix is who she is working with for MGX. They are a publicity machine and there is no way they could keep quiet about something like this for even 5 mins let alone until a month or so before release! Laughing

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Does anyone else wonder about the $5000 pledge?  ‘A character design of you as a character in Gabriel Knight.’

That kinda makes me jump to conclusions…

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

TerminusEst - 19 November 2012 12:51 PM

Jatsie, where is Jane’s quote coming from?

The Pinkerton Road forums.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Intense Degree - 20 November 2012 05:09 AM

There is no way that Phoenix is who she is working with for MGX. They are a publicity machine

What?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

What I mean is that, having followed the progress of TSL and Cognition etc. I am well aware from the regular e-mails and website/otherwise online announcements that they are not backwards in coming forwards in terms of information about their games.

I don’t say that as a bad thing, I just mean that if they were developing/publishing something else themselves in their own right, I cannot imagine for a second that they would want to hold off announcing the game, news of it would be everywhere!

As I say this isn’t a criticism, they are clearly very focused on, and good at, publicity and hence my “publicity machine” comment.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If they were under contract not to talk, then I doubt they would talk, as it could have legal implications.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Intense Degree - 20 November 2012 10:05 AM

As I say this isn’t a criticism, they are clearly very focused on, and good at, publicity and hence my “publicity machine” comment.

Ah ok, agreed. And yes it’s a good thing; it’s a small studio after all. They need all the exposure they can get.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 20 November 2012 10:31 AM

If they were under contract not to talk, then I doubt they would talk, as it could have legal implications.

Of course, this is often used in many industries, not just gaming. It’s often referred to as an embargo. I’d imagine if the game is as huge as Jane is bigging it up to be, this will most definitely be the case.

If it is GK (in any form) and I was the creator of the whole series, I’d want nobody but myself to tell the world about it. I’d want everyone to hear it from my mouth/keyboard.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

You have an embargo on things like say publishing a review of films, tv, games, etc. which there’s no specific legal contract on, where as you have NDA’s (Non-Disclosure Agreement) for legally binding “shut up or we’ll sue you” contracts.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

MGX is definitely GK-related. The only questions are whether it’s a GK1 remake or new story, and who’s developing it.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

inm8#2 - 20 November 2012 02:14 PM

MGX is definitely GK-related. The only questions are whether it’s a GK1 remake or new story, and who’s developing it.

Yeah, I really don’t know either. I would think Telltale, but if that’s been shot down, it could be anyone. Activision is almost certainly the publisher, though.

She said it’s episodic, though, so that points to new story rather than remake. I think we can say that confidently at this point, at least.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Frogacuda - 20 November 2012 02:40 PM

I think I could hazard an informed guess that the developer is Telltale, and it’s a new story.

unfortunately, jane jensen confirmed in the backer forum on the update post that it is not telltale. My best wild guess of the moment is something like big fish games.

inm8#2 - 19 November 2012 06:01 PM

I think you’re a spy from the publisher sent to throw off our scent!

Cool

foiled again!!! curses.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top