• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

There’s a new article about Jane’s Moebius with a small mention of Mystery Game X.

www.huffingtonpost.com/ilana-teitelbaum/return-of-the-queen-legen_b_2118142.html

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i continue to have an uneasy feeling about this….
Hopefully sunday will make me feel better about it Tongue
Supposedly 1 month away from release, and publisher still appears to be at least hesitant to pull the trigger.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

zane - 16 November 2012 02:49 PM

i continue to have an uneasy feeling about this….
Hopefully sunday will make me feel better about it Tongue
Supposedly 1 month away from release, and publisher still appears to be at least hesitant to pull the trigger.

I agree completely. What’s even weirder is that the game is shaping up for a release without any advanced publicity (or at least with whatever they manage to stuff into the over-saturated ad market before the holidays). I understand that adventure games aren’t AAA material (anymore) but that still strikes me as unusual.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I think it’s fairly safe to say it’ll be delayed until 2013.

Always seemed an unreasonable time-frame to me to get it out by this year.

I’m confident it’ll get a release at some point though.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Just out of curiosity, I checked Wikipedia to see that the SoMI remake was “confirmed” on June 1, 2009 and later released in July. For a remake or release of an existing property, a shorter time between announcement and release is okay (compared to brand new games that need months of marketing). But for a December release, I think they would have announced already.

Maybe it is indeed delayed until January.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

and the plot thickens….
from the november update:
“MGX—Working on cleaning up first episode for release”

episodic??? really??? Well, there goes the gk1 remake theory out the window.
And the likelihood of telltale being the publisher just skyrocketed.

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Seriously based on that update how could this not be episodic Gabriel Knight? She continually acts and states how excited we will be when it is announced. What else could it be? Guess it could be episodic Gray Matter but seems like she would be overstating excitement.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

okay just watched the update video. jane repeatedly said that mgx was not being funded by the kickstarter. Was that a way of saying backers arent getting it?
Also, phoenix online is now doing the developing for moebius.
Also also, she pretty much said we may not know what mgx is for months, and december is no longer the target release.

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

The episodic aspect of MGX was certainly a well-guarded secret; I can’t say that I’m thrilled about it.

I’m not all too surprised about it being delayed until 2013, though in the light of this revelation about the release only pertaining to one episode, suddenly that very short time frame seems much more generous. I’m not quite sure how the publisher goes from “we must rush this for a Christmas release!” to “we don’t want this getting lost amongst all the other titles being released in time for Christmas!” It’s not like anything has changed, Christmas is always a busy time for game releases, so why the change of heart? Perhaps they’re just behind on schedule and something had to give.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

siiiiigh, my uneasy feeling is beginning to come to fruition.
And i dont mean the release date being pushed back.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

zane - 18 November 2012 11:40 PM

okay just watched the update video. jane repeatedly said that mgx was not being funded by the kickstarter. Was that a way of saying backers arent getting it?

Ha, I hope not! The deal on the kickstarter page is very clear - everyone who pledged at least $50 gets both MGX and Moebius and those who pledged at least $16 get their pick from the two. Reneging on this deal would be very poor form indeed! Now, whether we’ll get all the MGX episodes or just the first one is an entirely different question. Meh

zane - 18 November 2012 11:40 PM

Also, phoenix online is now doing the developing for moebius.

This is new development, right? Weren’t Signus Labs going to be the developer on this?

Against all reason, I am now hoping for a GK episodic game Yum

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

okay just watched the update video. jane repeatedly said that mgx was not being funded by the kickstarter.

I haven’t watched the video yet, but my guess is she’s trying to make it clear why she can’t give more details about the game (the way she can for the CSG-funded Moebius) and to alleviate any concerns backers might have about the money they pledged going toward a game she can’t tell them more about about (which it’s not).

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

TerminusEst - 19 November 2012 12:35 AM

Ha, I hope not! The deal on the kickstarter page is very clear - everyone who pledged at least $50 gets both MGX and Moebius and those who pledged at least $16 get their pick from the two. Reneging on this deal would be very poor form indeed! Now, whether we’ll get all the MGX episodes or just the first one is an entirely different question. Meh

well last i checked, the kickstarter rewards dont say anything about MGX at all. They just say “the games we make this season.” During the campaign they definitely said it, but its not anywhere in the rewards. And now with this “its not a part of the kickstarter funding” thing, im starting to wonder.

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

zane - 19 November 2012 12:50 AM

well last i checked, the kickstarter rewards dont say anything about MGX at all. They just say “the games we make this season.” During the campaign they definitely said it, but its not anywhere in the rewards. And now with this “its not a part of the kickstarter funding” thing, im starting to wonder.

True, MGX is not mentioned in the rewards but it’s mentioned in the main page’s text, which should be as contractually binding as the rewards’.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

fov - 19 November 2012 12:48 AM

I haven’t watched the video yet, but my guess is she’s trying to make it clear why she can’t give more details about the game (the way she can for the CSG-funded Moebius) and to alleviate any concerns backers might have about the money they pledged going toward a game she can’t tell them more about about (which it’s not).

That may be the case. But the wording definitely causes some confusion. Heres the text: “our kickstarter campaign in april was very instrumental in getting us a deal with this publisher to do an adventure game which is very exciting, but specifically the kickstarter campaign is funding moebius, not mgx. To be clear, kickstarter is funding moebius, which is our own published title, and mgx is a game where we are the developers”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top