You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #641
Lovable rogue

I sort of want to give her money, but she doesn't really offer anything concrete enough, like the other Kickstarter campaigns.

Also, Lancaster county, isn't that where the Amish live? I'm sure I went there when I was in the States.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #642
Life and times of...

What do you mean she's not offering anything concrete? She's offering something much more concrete than for example Double Fine did. She has a game, a game concept, a lot of info and possibilities for other projects as well.

LSL offers "more concrete" because you already know what the end result is - a remake of that game. In Double Fine Adventure, on the other hand, all we had was "a new adventure" without any information. Much less concrete.

We already know that there will be at least Moebius as the first game and there's been a lot of information about it (you can't, after all, just spill the beans about everything in the story etc.). There's also a possibility of a second game.

And a lot more on the way (and of course very concrete "tier prizes" )
Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #643
She Wants Revenge

I am also very confused about this "concrete" issue. What more could she offer when they are supposed to make the game when kickstarter ends, not to deliver it ready for the shelves? I personally don't want spoilers about a new mystery game, kind of takes away the mystery...

GK e-books etc. are nice additions to rewards, I feel even happier about my 50$ pledge. Can't really afford more but I might try to squeeze a couple more dollars in case there is a milestone near when it's closing.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #644

Why should she offer concrete? I can't even imagine shipping costs.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #645
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post

Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #646
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatsie View Post
I sort of want to give her money, but she doesn't really offer anything concrete enough, like the other Kickstarter campaigns.
Ugh.

Sounds like you need to read this post, and not just the bolded part...
Old 04-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #647
fov
Rattenmonster

Gabriel Knight behind the scenes article posted at GamesTM: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/retro/behin...abriel-knight/

I wrote this for them last year but it previously only appeared in their print magazine.

I'm also hoping that the GameInformer article mentioned a few pages back (also a GK retrospective - but not written by me!) will go up online at some point. But in the meantime, people in the US should be able to buy that magazine now. (Only available in Gamestop stores? I'm not sure.)
Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #648
Schattenjäger

Well, like clockwork, we always have new lows in backer gains on saturday+sunday (around 60 gained yesterday). But!!! $ gains were not down yesterday, as our $ per backer continues to rise thanks to the popular $500 tier.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #649
Lovable rogue

What I'm referring to is her approach; it's quite different to previous Kickstarter campaigns.

The whole "CSG" thing is definitely an interesting concept, but what it means in terms of Kickstarter, is that essentially you're vaguely investing in her and her new studio, whereas the others had a single specific project for which they were seeking funding.

I know she's settled on Moebius now as her first game, but I think I would have preferred if she'd just had a Kickstarter page for Moebius alone from the very beginning, and funding/reward levels directly applicable to that.

I still may end up backing it; Moebius sounds like it has promise, and the CSG approach intrigues me, but my initial feeling is that I'm just not so fond of a model like this on Kickstarter.

/shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
Chortle.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #650

For Scandinavians (and maybe others as well) with questions for Jane: There is going to be an open QA session with her on the Norwegian gaming site Gamer.no. She will be answering questions live on wednesday 15:00-17:00 CET. The questions have to be written in English, and the site is already accepting questions for her. Link here:

http://www.gamer.no/artikler/109389/...er-i-nettmote/

If you don't understand Norwegian, the questions go in the form at the bottom. Write your name in the first box, a headline in the second, and the question in the bottom, large box. Questions can include lots of text and comments too.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #651

www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/23/interview-jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-adventure/

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #652
fov
Rattenmonster

That's a great interview! Definitely a fun read.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #653

Judging by the T-shirts, Jane is determined to make Gray Matter 2 eventually...

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #654
Schattenjäger

hmm that design... hmmm........

EDIT: well the important thing is people will be able to choose between that and a moebius design

Last edited by zane; 04-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #655

I honestly can't think of any Kickstarter project where the creator has been this open about her ideas and inviting of ideas from others.

Just read this post from her on the Pinkerton Road forums: http://pinkertonroad.com/topic/message-from-jane-on-kickstarter-campaign/

Jane has faced more scrutiny than other high profile projects and she has responded gracefully every step of the way.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #656

Yesterday they hit a new low and got only $3300 with 50 pledgers, and this won't cut it... I just upped my pledge, but come on, where are all the other fans?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #657

Awesome articles!!! Thanks for sharing...enjoyed reading them!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #658
A.A

Something about that RPS interviewer I didn't like. I'm not sure what...maybe it's because he didn't like GM (I don't understand at all his pacing complaint), but, yeah...

He annoyed me. Jane was great though. I liked how she didn't give him anything for that GK3 puzzle question.

Not a big fan of the t-shirt, but that's alright. When I'm so thrilled with everything else I'll accept whatever.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #659
Filmfreak

I'm actually loving the T-shirt design - it has a great vintage feel to it.

The only thing I don't like is that "2012-2013 CSG" at the bottom right. That feels a bit out of place. But the rest:
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #660
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurgoyf View Post
Yesterday they hit a new low and got only $3300 with 50 pledgers, and this won't cut it... I just upped my pledge, but come on, where are all the other fans?
Well few things. First if those are kicktraqs numbers theyr actualy wrong (if you add up all their backers by date it doesnt even add up anywhere close to the actual total. Their average backer per day is right because thats just one simple divison)
But thats a bit besides the point, because that day was in fact one of our worst yet. And by the looks of today we're not done declining. By this time on sunday people may start to panic, particularly if we drop below 3k per day.
BUT: we're okay! We've come so far that we can afford a slump and still make 300k. Getting 3k per day isnt really a bad thing.. not since we've proven we're a group that can be upsold to (we got a huge 14k+ boost with only 80 new backers on the day of the 500 dollar tier, and i imagine another added tier could have a similar effect). We're in striking distance, and in a worst case scenario we'l make it to 300k with a near-the-end-final-hours-boost.

Last edited by zane; 04-24-2012 at 01:10 PM.