You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #621
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogon Poet
Maybe this is evidence of listening to fans?
Nearly everything Jane did regarding this Kickstarter campaign since it started, is evidence of her listening to fan reactions...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #622
Schattenjäger

We (Adventure-Treff) have just published our latest guest column. This time we present you an article that was written by Jane Jensen herself. Here is the link: http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/features/gastkolumne.php?id=3&lang=eng

Quite some of our readers had problems with understanding Jane's business model so I asked her if she could clarify things in a guest column. Fortunately, she immediately agreed and wrote an article that doesen't only introduce Pinkerton Road, but also takes a look at her career and the state of adventure games. Hope you'll enjoy the article!
P.S. If you like the article and you want more... in that case I can recommend you our ovierview of this new feature series (which also contains links to articles from Steve Ince and Agustin Cordes). Here's the link: http://www.adventure-treff.de/artike...astkolumne.php

P.P.S. There will more articles in this series... a LOT more!
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #623
Life and times of...

Thanks for the link!

Just 288$ away from 200,000 Methinks it's looking good...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #624
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Just 288$ away from 200,000 Methinks it's looking good...
Yeah, still quite a long time until the campaign ends. I have no doubt that this thing will work out. Hope it doesen't take that long until she reaches 300.000 so everyone can focus on Tex Murphy.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #625
fov
Rattenmonster

Nice article on Kotaku! http://kotaku.com/5903850/gabriel-kn...malachi-rector
Old 04-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #626
Schattenjäger

We're staying stable at around 80-90 backers each day. And 200k milestone achieved!!
Things are looking up

EDIT: woooo the new $500 tier gave us a huge boost.

Last edited by zane; 04-20-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #627

I have a question about the 225$ tier. Do the three GK design bibles also include the dialogue scripts of the games?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #628
A.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr View Post
I have a question about the 225$ tier. Do the three GK design bibles also include the dialogue scripts of the games?
Yes, that's essentially what they are AFAIK.

Really glad to see it get a little bit of a push today. Love me some GK1 signed artwork!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gantefoehr View Post
It depends. To quote:
Quote:
For each game the bible is usually a little different. For example, the GK1 design bible didn't include a lot of actual dialogue lines -- that was written later in a message editor tool. It did include, however, all the logic and story of 'what happens when' and the puzzle structure.

The GK2 design bible was more like an actual screenplay because we filmed that one with FMV. It includes dialogue. And there was a secondary 'bible' with just puzzle logic.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #630
Schattenjäger

in a sense, the last 24 hours have been the best of the campaign(since the first few days anyway).. not just because we're nearing 15k with an hour left to go in the day.. but because we reached that without any 5 or 10k backers added!!
The 500 dollar tier had a huuuuge impact.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
It depends. To quote:
Thanks. Turns out I didn't read that particular update on the kickstarter page.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I love the bit where she mentions that she wrote a 4 page rant to Sierra about how disappointed she was with King's Quest V. I truly wish we could read it now, I think it would be very insightful. But certainly it got thrown out when the new management took over, at the latest, with all the source code, concept art and other stuff. A shame.
Just recently Jordan Mechner published a fan letter John Romero wrote to him before he made it big. That was fascinating. Or some years ago we got to see Tim Schafer's application in the form of a comic for a job at Lucasfilm Games.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #633
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
I love the bit where she mentions that she wrote a 4 page rant to Sierra about how disappointed she was with King's Quest V. I truly wish we could read it now, I think it would be very insightful. But certainly it got thrown out when the new management took over, at the latest, with all the source code, concept art and other stuff. A shame.
I know. I too would love to see that letter. (Wonder if it had anything to do with them later putting her to work on KQ6?)
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #634
Schattenjäger

thats a pretty awesome article. Its fascinating to hear she was so passionate about KQ5's flaws, because her contributions to KQ6 lead it to be the best in the series.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #635

Here's Robert Holmes demonstrating a bit of new music and talking about his favs. Nice chap. I wish he'd included more of a guitar pieces (not that i don't like piano).

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #636

Yay! Music! Robert Holmes!

It's interesting that he's a guitarist rather than a pianist. The reason why I've always liked the GK1 soundtrack best is precisely because I think the following games' (including Gray Matter) rely too much on piano themes, whereas GK1 had more variety. Here's hoping that Moebius will feature more guitar tracks. Malachi definitely looks like a guy who could have a guitar theme — contrary, I guess, to Sam and David (or Grace).

It's also interesting that, of the four themes he chose to post, one was not actually used in a game ("GKSuperloud" was an early option for the GK3 main theme; to be honest, I much prefer the piece that was eventually used in the game).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
It's interesting that he's a guitarist rather than a pianist.
Yeah, but i know his type - i have some friends musicians who can play both piano and guitar well, and he's just being modest here. Although, obviously guitar is his fav and probably the first instrument, and since i'm guitarist too, thumbs up for that

But now that we know that, i demand some rocking guitar riffs in Moebius

Old 04-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
But now that we know that, i demand some rocking guitar riffs in Moebius
Actually Moebius sounds a bit like a German death metal band.

Jane and Robert, keep the hair high and the guitar riffs fast and low! \m/
Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #639

Well now you gave me an idea...

*goes to video editing

Old 04-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #640

Aaaand here it is - a little tribute video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yuR1opNC9A