You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #661

https://twitter.com/#!/jensen_jane/status/194888765003673600

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #662
Schattenjäger

hmmmm mysterious.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #663

Oh boy, what is it now.

I must have some kind of mental illness. Tell me, am I the only one who always thinks about GK4 whenever Jane makes an ambiguous announcement? Even when it is somewhat obvious that it won't be the case? Like now?

She really has to stop doing this
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #664

I mean, "best news ever" would be by definition securing the GK4 license. Either that or she used hyperbole.

Could be something relating to the Williams or other sierra oldtimers though. She mentioned recently that she was in talks with people from her sierra days about something.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #665
Schattenjäger

Ouch, letting us hang after saying somthing that suspensful?
It better be huge
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #666

It's probably going to be external funding for a second Pinkerton Studios game for the first CSG cycle.

But everyone's going to expect GK4 then act butthurt when it isn't GK4.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #667
never stops believin'

Hi, all. I just did a podcast recording with Just Press Start. It should go up in a few days.
I see you took my tweet to heart! Sorry I do not mean to be mega mysterious. Yes, good things are happening. I won't be able to talk about it until I am given the go ahead to do so -- could be awhile yet.
Not GK4, guys, not this year. Nevertheless, I think you will all be pleased. I'll tell you more as soon as I am able.
Jane
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #668

Don't worry ;-)

This time I did NOT expect this to be GK4 or GK related.
I'm already superhappy with Moebius being the choice for this year, so good things are happening.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #669

Jane on Facebook: Been reconnecting with some old Sierra friends who may work on games with us. How fun!

Jane on Twitter: Best news ever!

Maybe those two comments are connected... some sort of Sierra 2.0 maybe and Pinkerton Road will collaborate with it? It would make sense to work together, for example designing one game engine and everyone involved could use it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #670

Just another head's up about that live thing on Gamer.no... she's been answering questions for the last hour and half or so, all in english ofcourse. You can read the responses under the article.

http://www.gamer.no/artikler/109389/...se-pa-moebius/
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #671

Jane said this about the tweet in the chat on the Norwegian site:

Quote:
So... what's that tweet about?
Skrevet av: Ludvig - I dag, 16:30
Svar(Response):
Hi, Ludvig -- We did get some good news yesterday, and it is related to the studio. I will tell you more when I am able to but I can't do that until the fat lady sings, as it were.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #672

Nice shout out on the Norwegian site to Manhunter: San Francisco. One of Jane's favorite adventure games.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #673
Schattenjäger

aaand our dollar total on the day more than doubles from one person doing the new 1.5k tier
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #674

So does anybody knows what eastern-european team will Pinkerton use with development of Moebius? Is it Phoenix Online? (don't know if they're based in eastern europe)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #675
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurgoyf View Post
So does anybody knows what eastern-european team will Pinkerton use with development of Moebius? Is it Phoenix Online? (don't know if they're based in eastern europe)
Clicky (don't think they'll be doing Moebius though):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Jensen
One team is Signus Labs in St Petersburg Russia, which is currently finishing up “Lola and Lucy’s Big Adventure” with us. I worked with them on several games at Oberon Media.
Phoenix Online is from the US isn't it?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #676
More slaw!!!

I'd seriously consider upping my pledge to the $1500 one if the Tex Murphy Kickstarter wasn't in a few weeks. Looking forwards to reading the GK novels though
Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #677
Schattenjäger

all 5 1.5k tiers sold, that was pretty quick
and it bailed us out from having a day under 2k
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #678

I really don't understand why this campaign isn't gaining momentum. A new adventuregame from Jane Jensen, possibly two?

Anyway, I'm still positive that she will reach her goal. And I'm also looking forward to hearing about those amazing news she got the other day.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOslo View Post
I really don't understand why this campaign isn't gaining momentum. A new adventuregame from Jane Jensen, possibly two?

Anyway, I'm still positive that she will reach her goal. And I'm also looking forward to hearing about those amazing news she got the other day.
I can't understand it either. It all looks very appealing to me, there has been nice amount of publicity and Jane has been very active giving interviews and updating the Kickstarter page. The CSG model might be confusing for some people, but I doubt that it's major reason for the lack of support.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #680
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Jane has a rabid Adventure Gamers fanbase, but I wonder if she has much appeal outside of that scene? Why is it that Leisure Suit Larry can meet a 500,000 dollar goal advertising a remake of a remake and Jane is slogging towards a modest 300,000 dollar goal with a fresh and inventive IP? At Adventure Gamers there is clearly more interest in the forums for Jane's new game than for the LSL remake (35 pages compared to 8?) However, this interest must not be reflective of the appeal of her kickstarter to gamers outside of our community. Or is it that our interest in Jane's new game here at Adventure Gamers primarily stems from our interest in a future Gabriel Knight game? Or is it that kickstarters in general now have sucked pockets dry and Jane's kickstarter would see more money if not for the deluge of kickstarters? I suppose it's not just one answer.

We still have 22 days left on Jane's kickstarter and I have no doubt that the campaign will succeed. However, the daily averages comparing the two above kickstarters is pretty revealing.

Last edited by Terabin; 04-26-2012 at 08:05 AM.