You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #1

Default New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

Surprised to see that noone started this thread already. Did you guys see the banner on the front page?

Looks like we're going to see something new from Jane Jensen! But what? If you click the banner, you are directed to http://www.youtube.com/user/PinkertonRoad/videos.

Also: http://www.pinkertonroad.com.

Do we dare to hope for a Gabriel Knight 4?

Last edited by Eivind; 04-01-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior Automaton

Ha. Sam and Gabriel are going to be in an adventure together?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
She Wants Revenge

I would so take this for April Fools but I guess it's not just about today. I wouldn't bet on Gabriel or Sam, but definitely interested about this Pinkerton Road.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Ha. Sam and Gabriel are going to be in an adventure together?
The signpost on the Sam vid does read Past-Future, so when the two meet...?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Life and times of...

I'd guess it's neither (Gabe nor Sam, unless it's trying to say that Sam is Gabe's and Grace's love child), just using these clips of her "biggest" games (with a note in both of them) as a teaser (and I'm very teased right now!), but I'm getting serious expectations about this!

I'd say it's an April Fools joke, but then since the timer goes so far ahead, I don't see what the point would be if it were just a joke...
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
Schattenjäger

huh, was that new gabe clip voiced by tim curry??? seems like it. They wouldnt get him to just do a 10 second promo if they werent planning somthing new for gabe.
EDIT: upon listening with headphones (instead of laptop speakers) it seems clear that the first part of the clip is recycled audio from one of the other games, and then the pinkerton road part is somebody doing a so-so impression.

Last edited by zane; 04-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
It's Hard To Be Humble

UPtimist, I tend to agree with you. The idea of it being a crossover is very appealing, but I severely doubt we'll see another Gabriel Knight game, no matter how much we wish otherwise. I think the two videos up on Youtube so far (April 1st, 2012, for those reading this five years later) are just meant to whet our appetites for a new story. If she's using her AGs to hint at what's coming, that at least suggests to us that it's another Adventure Game, and not just another casual game, so that's good.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Psychonaut

I can't see it being an April Fools joke. For one the youtube videos were posted days ago and for another there is a countdown that finishes on Thursday not today.

What ever it is it seems like a real thing.

However I doubt it has anything directly to do with GK or GM. The facebook page says Pinkerton Road Studios's coming soon. I guess Jane is launching a new game company.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #9
Psychonaut

The address is a real address to a rather nice house
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

Interesting. I'd love another Gabriel Knight but I also doubt that it would ever be as amazing as the originals.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #11

Most intriguing! As I type this we have 3 days and 22 hours to wait for....what? What is Pinkerton Road? Is it the road away from the past and into the future? Is Gabriel Knight in the future, or just in the past? When one door closes, another is opened.

Do the worlds of Gabriel, Grace, Samantha and Dr. Styles converge? One thing's for sure, something's coming...
Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
Schattenjäger

i really dont know what to expect from a new jensen game. Gray Matter possibly has the best art direction of any adventure iv ever played. The music is stunning, haunting, surreal. The concepts and backgrounds were brilliantly put together. But then the story completely falls apart by the end. Most of the mystique and intrigue just fizzles out with the ending. The puzzles also never went far enough, with great ideas but the magician puzzles dont live to their potential at all. And im sure the reasons why it took so long to get the game released are complicated and largely bureaucratic... but i remain skeptical that they would be able to put a game out in a reasonable time. Regardless, i would absolutely play their new game (and probably give to a kickstarter).
Old 04-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #13

If I had a choice for it to be anything, I'd choose another Gabriel Knight game. But I doubt it...

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, if Gray Matter was anything to go by... it's going to be DRY.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
huh, was that new gabe clip voiced by tim curry??? seems like it. They wouldnt get him to just do a 10 second promo if they werent planning somthing new for gabe.
EDIT: upon listening with headphones (instead of laptop speakers) it seems clear that the first part of the clip is recycled audio from one of the other games, and then the pinkerton road part is somebody doing a so-so impression.
Aside from the impression, it's just from the ending of the game.

(I don't see that being spoiler material right now, so I didn't use the tags)

Anyway, I'd be thrilled about either a new GK or Mray Matter - I think GM, most importantly, had huge potential just waiting to be tapped, it was an excellent game (though ending a little "meh") but mostly it fealt like an (excellent) introduction to something much greater. But, as long as it's a full-length game from Jane Jensen, it should be something pretty spectacular and I'll be thrilled either way.

Also, I really don't see the slightest possibility of there being a convergion of GK and GM. They are different worlds, different stories, and most importantly I can't see a respectable author falling for such an immature gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
However I doubt it has anything directly to do with GK or GM. The facebook page says Pinkerton Road Studios's coming soon. I guess Jane is launching a new game company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post

The address is a real address to a rather nice house
And in addition Jane lives in Pennsylvania... So, yeah, I'd wager you're very much on to something. Whether that's the whole truth or just part of it, is another matter.

Oh, and in Google pinkertonroad.com is listed as Pinkerton Road Studios...

Last edited by UPtimist; 04-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #15

Jane Jensen lives in Mount Joy!?! That's only about 30 minutes from my place! Let's see, how to snoop around with out seeming like a stalker? Hmmm.... too far away for the "can I borrow a cup of sugar" routine, better try the old "my car broke down just up the road, mind if I use your phone to call for help"?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #16

Haha how does anyone think this is not an April Fools joke?

That added voiceover of Gabriel was hilariously bad.

This is not real.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #17

Even if it wasn't Tim Curry, the voice wasn't bad (though, i would still prefer Mr. Ericsson ).

And it's not April Fools, there's confirmation on Jane's FB page

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post

That added voiceover of Gabriel was hilariously bad.

This is not real.
People with any class, which I'm assuming Jane has, don't do April Fools jokes like this. (Getting people excited for something.) It would just leave people very disappointed and angry at her.

April fools jokes usually usually look like this:

http://google-latlong.blogspot.fr/2012/03/begin-your-quest-with-google-maps-8-bit.html
Old 04-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Few reasons. Maybe the most important being: theres no punchline. An april fools joke wouldv gone all out and announced a kooky unrealistic game. Then theres www.pinkertonroad.com which has a timer set to go off in 2 days. It wouldnt make any sense if this whole thing was joke. Saying theyr going to announce "somthing" in 2 days is not a joke. The implication is that jane is founding a new studio and probably announcing a kickstarter with it. Whats so implausible about that?

Last edited by zane; 04-01-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #20

Whew, I stand corrected. I didn't see the confirmation on Jane's facebook page.

I'm intrigued, to say the least. Maybe it's some kind of casual/hidden object game in the Gray Matter / Gabriel Knight realm of supernatural mysteries?

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown