• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

chrissie - 19 October 2021 11:27 AM

I did really like Miazma too & it’s quite a bit easier but for me doesn’t quite have the unique charm of Yoomurjak’s Ring. It has a different story but I would have loved it if the developers had made a prequel to YR instead set back in the time of Pal Abray & Jonathan Hunt’s grandfather etc.

Haven’t they done that with AGON?

I agree about Miazma but still worth a playthrough for those who liked Yoomurjak Ring.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Agon is set in that earlier time but other than featuring Jonathan’s grandfather (or is it his great grandfather?) there’s no connection to the story of Yoomurjak’s Ring.

Yes, I agree that Miazma is definitely worth a playthrough if you like Yoomurjak’s Ring.

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I still have AGON games to play! Smile

Maybe right after I finish reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and A Brief History of the Normans.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The history of the Normans is brief?  Laughing 

I liked the Agon games a lot & they have some interesting puzzles.  Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 20 October 2021 09:49 AM

The history of the Normans is brief?  Laughing

It covers only a few centuries, but it’s significant for many parts of the Europe, especially for the island you stand on as we speak type.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Always makes me wonder why the French & English clash because the French must be ancestors for so many here!

Anyway Agon was released in 3 episodes to start with from what I remember. I also played the 4th The Sword of Toledo but sadly the developers didn’t continue with their planned 14? episodes. They all seem to be self-contained but still a little disappointing that the series wasn’t continued.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

zobraks - 19 October 2021 05:37 PM

I failed to find a mention of Casagrande anywhere else in the game save for the Gardonyi papers handed to Jonathan by Auntie Iza. It’s an important clue.
They should have put the reference in that Eger brochure, which is useless (like the ocarina - great red herring).

This game requires a lot of looking at everything. I did so all the time and, besides plenty of red herrings (I found 12 places around Eger with the symbols used in Book 2 puzzle which have no use at all, except to distract a player), managed to catch some good fish too. Grin

millenia - 19 October 2021 05:22 PM

Where is the second R?

It’s in the vicinity of the Basilica.

I didn’t know what Casagrande was but I figured it translated to “big house” so I did consider the painting with the saint of Basilica or whatever it was. If I just had thought a bit further, I might have actually went to Basilica to look for the clue… Oh, well.

zobraks - 13 October 2021 02:19 PM

Here’s my map of the maze: link.

You’ll notice that there are some turns in the right part of the maze (everything right from the first junction) that I haven’t explored. I was lucky enough to get to the ‘correct place’ quickly.

Oh dear, I was much luckier. Initially I found one dead end on the right side, and then probably 3 on the left. Then I went back to the right side and headed straight to the right spot. I’m not kidding. I did have a tactic of sorts, trying to “aim towards center”. Seems it worked pretty well.

P.S. Get well soon.

Thanks, though unfortunately I’m feeling worse today than I was yesterday. The painkillers work at least.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

millenia - 20 October 2021 02:12 PM

I didn’t know what Casagrande was but I figured it translated to “big house” so I did consider the painting with the saint of Basilica or whatever it was.

(Marco) Casagrande was an Italian sculptor who made those huge statues of saints in front of the Basilica. You can read about it here.
Did anyone find any reference to Casagrande in the game (beside the text of the 4th Book puzzle)?

mjp

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

zobraks - 20 October 2021 02:23 PM

Did anyone find any reference to Casagrande in the game (beside the text of the 4th Book puzzle)?

There is a board - sign in Basilica that says about him making the statues outside. I didnt find anything else.

Also for people asking the way crossed lines map works for the maze it goes like this:

x is forward, > is right and < is left. If you follow directions reading from top left to bottom right, like reading a book, you ll get out of the maze this way. It makes the first map not that usefull as it doesnt show the entrance and the goal where you need to go.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thank you for the Casagrande reference. Thumbs Up

mjp

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been in a pretty lousy shape - nothing serious enough to be worried about, but bad enough so I haven’t really been able to play. So I will finish when I’m feeling better and have the time (as I happen to have some other things piling up too).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

(Good) CP threads last for months so take your time and don’t worry.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

millenia - 24 October 2021 03:36 PM

I’ve been in a pretty lousy shape - nothing serious enough to be worried about, but bad enough so I haven’t really been able to play. So I will finish when I’m feeling better and have the time (as I happen to have some other things piling up too).

I look forward to your comments on the remainder of the game millenia when you feel like posting & have the time. But the main thing is to get & feel better soon!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

In a recent online chat with her friends my daughter mentioned me playing games and how delighted I was with Yoomurjak’s Ring, and one of the participants (a Hungarian) said something along the lines, “I thought Pierrot* was just a no-good musician.”
*the man behind the game, a genius in my opinion

Apparently one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
Or talk about a prophet and his village…

mjp

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Get well soon!

The game finally broke me; I had to resort to a walkthrough.

I’m now wandering around a church.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top