• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Took a few tries, but I got the crest and the barrel.

Day 5. The plot thickens.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thumbs Up

I have got to the point in Day 5 where I’ve got the names of the 5 authors, I think, but haven’t yet looked for them

So far, I have found this chapter to be the most frustrating as it just hasn’t flowed so well for me as earlier ones - so I’ve needed a nudge beyond your otherwise helpful clues Intense Degree!

The clues for me were too disjointed with investigation of more than one location needed to identify each author. The trouble is I lost track of where to find some of the Latin phrases & found revisiting places a little tedious. Otherwise I liked the idea of the puzzle.

The easiest one I thought, & the one I liked the best, were the 2nd clues as they seemed to be the most straightforward.

The maze was okay for a maze - I found the one clue & got so far but didn’t know where ultimately I was aiming for as I failed to connect the inscription from the yellow wall with it

The church graveyard was quite good too I thought but again I failed to take in that first & surnames were in reverse order & unless stated otherwise, names were assumed to be the first - I think I got that right? Also, although I saw both clues needed I needed a prompt to put them together.
I liked the music puzzle but wish I’d read Intense Degree’s clue! (I don’t know why I didn’t as I read the others) Otherwise I grasped most of it.

My main problem is remembering where I’ve seen stuff so for me taking notes would have been useful to avoid back-tracking all the time, & also I’ve been a bit sloppy on paying attention to the finer details in the clues.  Pan 
As far as I can tell all the info is there to solve the puzzles but I tip my hat to everyone who has solved one or more of them entirely unaided! 

A couple of amusements: Evi, Juli’s co-worker seemed a little disappointed to have to admit to Jonathan that she was married Laughing .

Also, ouch! after Jonathan ran into the thug for the second or third time I accidentally stumbled across the usefulness of the camera obscura in avoiding him

Total Posts: 4292

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 13 October 2021 11:26 AM

My main problem is remembering where I’ve seen stuff so for me taking notes would have been useful to avoid back-tracking all the time

I took 3235 screenshots so far and I’ve been browsing them all the time. Moreover, I have a file in which I type anything that might look to be of the slightest interest (various inscriptions, names and so on) as soon as I encounter such stuff. I did so from the very start of playing and it payed off lavishly (especially in Day 5).

I tip my hat to everyone who has solved one or more of them entirely unaided!

Why, thank you. I solved four puzzles (the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th book) on my own (I passed the maze in my own way - without looking at the map and failing to connect the lines diagram with it - by relentless trial and error* and mapping the proceedings), and I used Intense Degree’s brilliant hint for the 4th book.
*Call me crazy, but I love solving mazes. I enjoyed them from the first adventure(ish) game I have played, which is Monty Python’s Complete Waste of Time.
Here’s my map of the maze: link.

As far as I can tell all the info is there to solve the puzzles

Yes, indeed, and I used it. I only failed in two points: 1) didn’t connect the map of the maze with a diagram found on the yellow wall; 2) failed to realise what a machine with the buttons really was - I stuck to the piano for hours on end Angry.

P.S. If anyone wants to describe the connection between the map of the maze and the diagram found on the yellow wall of the building next to the minaret - please use spoiler tags. I want to figure it out on my own.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Beats me.

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I wanted to play this game for a long time, and even though I’m late for the party, this thread urged me to finally got it rolling. I know I’ll like the game as I’m a FMV lover.

Few notices so far:

1) I wished the exploration with dragging the mouse could be reversed, I always drag in the opposite direction!
2) If all Hungarian ladies are as kind as that in information desk, I’m moving to Hungary!
3) Jonathan’s voice actually sounds weird for some reason.
4) The main actor is a spot-on younger Jeff Perry:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Welcome aboard! Smile

diego - 14 October 2021 08:54 PM

2) If all Hungarian ladies are as kind as that in information desk, I’m moving to Hungary!

Me too. I’m also hoping to get “third fourth-day lucky” like Jonathan. Thumbs Up

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Hi diego!

The FMV sections are really good. Quality acting, but it doesn’t shy away from FMV goofiness. And I love the panoramic views when Jonathan travels.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

zobraks - 15 October 2021 02:31 AM

Welcome aboard! Smile

Me too. I’m also hoping to get “third fourth-day lucky” like Jonathan. Thumbs Up

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as a spoiler, since for diego she’s just the “girl on the info desk” for now… but maybe he’s already seen your post, sold his computer and is on his way to Budapest right now to try his luck!!

Wink

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Vegetable Party - 15 October 2021 05:47 AM

Hi diego!

The FMV sections are really good. Quality acting, but it doesn’t shy away from FMV goofiness.

You don’t have to tell me - I’ve played Fox Hunt. Wink

Luhr28 - 15 October 2021 06:35 AM

Welcome aboard! Smile

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as a spoiler, since for diego she’s just the “girl on the info desk” for now…

Wink

It’s alright. The knowledge that I’m gonna score on Day 4 might just be the difference between me ditching the game and continue running along. Grin

...but maybe he’s already seen your post, sold his computer and is on his way to Budapest right now to try his luck!!

Budapest is only 4 hours away from my city, and I guess 1 additional hour to Eger… I’m on my way as we speak - BUT - if girls there are not as attractive and flirty like Juli and that blonde from hospital, I’m gonna sue the designers!

In other news, I’m on Day 2, did the usual pixel-hunting in the wine cellar. If I’m gonna nitpick, I don’t like that I have to use key on a door each time I enter a room, that you have to walk outside of a building before you can use the map, and that you can’t advance through a line of dialogue. But those flirtatious ladies on every step more than make up for it! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m also hoping to get “third fourth-day lucky” like Jonathan. Thumbs Up

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as a spoiler

Oops! Innocent

diego… maybe he’s already seen your post, sold his computer and is on his way to Budapest right now to try his luck!!

Wink

Knowing him that’s exactly what he did. Who wouldn’t? Grin

diego - 15 October 2021 07:30 AM

I’m on my way as we speak

See? I told ya, Luhr.

diego - 15 October 2021 07:30 AM

Budapest is only 4 hours away from my city

And my city is only 12 hours by train from you city. Foot in mouth In Japan (or France) it would take about 45 minutes.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 13 October 2021 02:19 PM

I took 3235 screenshots so far and I’ve been browsing them all the time. Moreover, I have a file in which I type anything that might look to be of the slightest interest (various inscriptions, names and so on) as soon as I encounter such stuff.

I did jot down a few things here & there on bits of paper that piled up & then had to burrow through to find the info but your method seems a lot more organised & useful.  I just wondered though did taking all those screenshots help?  I took a screenshot of the the maze to print off which was helpful up to a point until I gave up! 

zobraks - 13 October 2021 02:19 PM

.... I stuck to the piano for hours on end

That seemed to be too much of a waste to be no more than a red herring!

I wanted to play this game for a long time, and even though I’m late for the party, this thread urged me to finally got it rolling. I know I’ll like the game as I’m a FMV lover.

Hi diego it’s nice to see you back on the forum. Thumbs Up   

4) The main actor is a spot-on younger Jeff Perry

I can see that there is a very strong resemblance but through my eyes ‘Jonathan’ is far more handsome & has a better nose!  Laughing

I have finished the game but will post later about that.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Jonathan is charmer alright. And he has the vibe of a gentleman with a bit of a wild streak when he feels inspired.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 15 October 2021 03:08 PM

your method seems a lot more organised & useful.

It’s a routine I do for every adventure game I play. First of all I take notes of the game’s install - because I like to play good games more than once.
When I start to play a game I keep a log of the saved games (with short description of a position and the time it was taken). Lately I’ve started to keep records of what exactly I had done between the saves.
I take screenshots profusely, especially of the conversations, documents, maps, puzzles and other key moments. I note in a text file all the solutions of the puzzles and I have a notebook in which I draw stuff (maps, objects, shapes, diagrams). I have three or four full notebooks with drawings from adventure games, dating back from 2000 - the year I started playing them.

I guess I’d make a great chartered accountant. Tongue

From my notebooks:

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes!  Laughing

That would make for a challenging quiz zobraks, matching your notes to the games they came from.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top