• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 7488

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL!

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

After finishing the game I had a think about who my favourite characters were - yes, I liked all of them but for minor characters I’d have to nominate the Turkish bath attendant. He is very memorable & not a guy I’d like to meet on a dark night!  Laughing

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

chrissie - 16 October 2021 10:15 AM
Nico2021 - 16 October 2021 10:01 AM

.......i have to admit that this game hasnt really clicked for me. Acting and story is fine but puzzles and difficulty level and the fact that i play on touchpad havent made the game too enjoyable.

Nico2021, I can understand why the puzzles and difficulty level would put players off & why the game didn’t click from that point of view for you. But I’m curious, as I’ve never played anything on a touchpad apart from briefly years ago, in what way did you find playing on a touchpad add to diminishing the experience?  Smile

By touchpad i mean playing on a laptop touchpad without mouse. Which makes moving the camera around slow and tedious and makes pixel hunting kinda hard. Also at this game you can click everywhere in a 360 degree so mouse would be the best option i guess. To be fair i got a mouse, i just never bothered to use it. If i m going to replay this game on the future i m certainly using one.

But my main complain with the game is how it progresses. It doesnt give directions so you have to keep checking all npcs and all locations to progress. Plus you could have missed an item someway through and game doesnt hint that you need it to progress. Also i started this game after i had finished nelly cootalot that was the opposite of this. There were many hints and good directions. Now this game feels like raw material that you have to find everything on your own.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nico2021 - 16 October 2021 02:26 PM
chrissie - 16 October 2021 10:15 AM
Nico2021 - 16 October 2021 10:01 AM

.......i have to admit that this game hasnt really clicked for me. Acting and story is fine but puzzles and difficulty level and the fact that i play on touchpad havent made the game too enjoyable.

Nico2021, I can understand why the puzzles and difficulty level would put players off & why the game didn’t click from that point of view for you. But I’m curious, as I’ve never played anything on a touchpad apart from briefly years ago, in what way did you find playing on a touchpad add to diminishing the experience?  Smile

By touchpad i mean playing on a laptop touchpad without mouse. Which makes moving the camera around slow and tedious and makes pixel hunting kinda hard. Also at this game you can click everywhere in a 360 degree so mouse would be the best option i guess. To be fair i got a mouse, i just never bothered to use it. If i m going to replay this game on the future i m certainly using one.

But my main complain with the game is how it progresses. It doesnt give directions so you have to keep checking all npcs and all locations to progress. Plus you could have missed an item someway through and game doesnt hint that you need it to progress. Also i started this game after i had finished nelly cootalot that was the opposite of this. There were many hints and good directions. Now this game feels like raw material that you have to find everything on your own.

Thanks foe explaining how the touchpad works. I have some experience albeit limited of using a touchpad & it does seem that it’s not the best option to navigate the game from your description.  So I sympathize with you for the difficulties there.

I can’t disagree with all of your misgivings about lack of direction as they are certainly true but one of the things that sprung into my mind whilst playing is that there are so many games that do hold your hand & this is one that you have to work harder at.
I suppose it depends on what level of difficulty that you like but I don’t blame anyone for the criticism of this one as there are certainly a couple of very unfair puzzles.  It does seem that the use of a mouse might help?      Smile

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 16 October 2021 02:04 PM

I’d have to nominate the Turkish bath attendant.

I like that thing he does every now and then:

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Excuse my further derailing of this thread, but that man always reminds me of this this Dutch commercial.

I’ll get back to the game now. Day 5, here I come.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I still can’t figure out how The Ring works.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Colour co-ordination is the key zobraks hoping that’s not too much of a spoiler for you…...you probably already know that so try this gentle hint: click on the ring & count until it resets

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks for trying to help me, Chrissie. I’ll take some more time to try to solve this puzzle on my own.
If nothing comes up that way, I’ll look at your hint(s).

What stumps me is what Jonathan says while looking at the ring (after I try clicking on the stars):

No, this isn’t the real thing like this… It’s not worth taking chances blindly. For my chance to solve it like this… It’s one to… Well, it’s very thin, that’s what it is.

Do I need something else besides the starsheet solved? “Yes” or “no”, please.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Trust me zobraks - they are the most unhelpful hints in the whole world unless…

zobraks - 17 October 2021 12:43 PM

Do I need something else besides the starsheet solved? “Yes” or “no”, please.

No.

You need to click on the ring & count how many times before it resets It should ring a bell & get you on your way.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I finally looked at this hint:

chrissie - 17 October 2021 07:58 AM

Colour co-ordination is the key

and tried a couple of combinations, but it still doesn’t work. I guess I’m not exactly the MENSA material. Confused

1) Is the correct number of pressing those stars 6? “Yes” or “no”?
2) Do I have to press the blue star twice?
3) Blue+red=violet and blue+yellow=green - that’s on my mind. Am I going the wrong way?

I’ll try all the possible combinations while waiting for the answers.

mjp

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I have finished the game but i will wait for more people to do so before i say my final thoughts.

Last chapter was the best in my opinion and also the longest. Puzzles are very hard and you need to know and remember the locations and items you found by heart if you wanna solve them. Also takes a lot of imagination. Some hints are there but most of the times are cryptic and not that helpful as they were for the rest of the game. Personally i would never have solved the ring puzzle without a guide, but some hardcore players probably could.Last part is easier though.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 17 October 2021 04:09 PM

I finally looked at this hint:

chrissie - 17 October 2021 07:58 AM

Colour co-ordination is the key

and tried a couple of combinations, but it still doesn’t work. I guess I’m not exactly the MENSA material. Confused

1) Is the correct number of pressing those stars 6? “Yes” or “no”?
2) Do I have to press the blue star twice?
3) Blue+red=violet and blue+yellow=green - that’s on my mind. Am I going the wrong way?

I’ll try all the possible combinations while waiting for the answers.

1) No
2) No, you’re completely off track
3) Completely wrong

You’re missing the reference.
Once you’ve established the right number you should be able to relate that to something you’ve seen written down & then use that info with something else with colours on it to get a sequence.
The spoilers are as spoiler free as I could make them & don’t give you any answers!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 18 October 2021 04:06 AM

You’re missing the reference.

I’m begging to wonder if in this puzzle there is any reference to anything at all.

Perhaps Jonathan has learned something by placing those five deltoids in their spots, but I haven’t.

It’s time to take a break.

P.S. I knew it takes 12 clicks on stars to reset the puzzle but that doesn’t give me any clue as to what stars and in what order I should press 11 times (or less).
P.P.S. Thank you for trying to help me.

mjp

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It doesn’t seem as if I’ve been very helpful at all yet!
You need more info than is in the hotel room.

zobraks - 18 October 2021 06:05 AM

..it takes 12 clicks on stars to reset the puzzle

What did you read earlier in the game that mentioned that number?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top