• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Abhi D.Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 04 November 2021 04:47 PM

Wow, I made a lot of progress! And an appointment, for a date!

First sex, now a date… You lucky bastard!

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Did that happen?

..I remember meeting Doctor Fred’s cousin (as condescending, more evil, less to the point). Then I met the grandfather of Mr. Jámbor (going by another name).  We hung out, had a pretty good time and we made a plan.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, you almost finished the game!

Vegetable Party - 04 November 2021 07:05 PM

Did that happen?

Why, of course - at the end of Day 4.
You macho men… As soon as you get it you forget it. Grin

Who’s Doctor Fred?
Never mind, I remembered*. At first I thought there was one with the same name in Yoomurjak’s Ring that I missed.

*I haven’t heard that name for a long long time.

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Too bad time travel is such an insular field. I wonder how many people like this are just tinkering away in their basements, ordering giant crystals over the internet.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, stop it. You’re making me eager to play DotT once again and I have some other adventure games on my bucket ‘to do’ list.

I’m reading Douglas Adams’ stuff at the moment (thank you Bureaucracy CPT!) and Starship Titanic and Monty Python games (specially The Meaning of Life) are now a priority. I need a fix of crazy humo(u)r in these drab times.

P.S. Congratulations on becoming a sheriff. Tongue Where’s your badge (a MODERATOR title under your moniker)?

P.P.S. Don’t let the new title spoil you, stay as you are!

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

My current bucket list is finishing this game.*

That’s cool, what are you reading? I need to get some stuff sorted but once I’m back on my feet I want to begin with the Dirk Gently novels. The holistic detective is such a wonderful idea (and kind of AG adjacent!).

I’d be up for a CPT of Starship Titanic, some time soon.

zobraks - 05 November 2021 03:46 AM

P.P.S. Don’t let the new title spoil you, stay as you are!

Thank you. Smile If you meant being slightly weird: will do.

* and one other thing, which is always on my list.

edit: I also finally found the city model!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 November 2021 07:49 AM

That’s cool, what are you reading?

I already announced that.

The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a collection of five novels and one story by Douglas Adams.

I want to begin with the Dirk Gently novels.

I have both of them, and they’re both on my (long) list of books to read.

I’d be up for a CPT of Starship Titanic, some time soon.

Not me, that’s one of the games I’d like to play at my own pace.

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Right, you did. My mind has been a sieve the past couple of days and whatever I write down seems to disappear. I’m a few steps away from going full Memento.

I did manage to finish the game! Walking around Eger and visiting all its beautiful sights was a small holiday for me. Loved walking around the city.

But the puzzles were solid as well. There was pixel hunting, there were moments of looking for directions, but the in-game notes proved useful.

I liked the story. Great characters. By the way, I keep forgetting to mention this, but that Professor Czifra, he’s living the life. Teach a course, chill out in a bath, humour yourself by talking to adventurous Americans.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You got to finish Vegetable Party!  Thumbs Up

Congratulations btw on joining the AG team!  Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 November 2021 10:09 AM

Professor Czifra, he’s living the life. Teach a course, chill out in a bath, humour yourself by talking to adventurous Americans.

Grin

mjp

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m finished. If I had known I was so close to the finish line, I probably would have tried to finish the game earlier.

Getting back to the game I initially felt a bit unsure how to solve the ring combination. I had forgotten a lot of what I had been doing earlier, and almost gave up, thinking about asking a hint. But then I thought I should at least check around the museum, and I looked at map again, and it became rather obvious what I was supposed to do.

I’m sure participating in this playthrough helped me here, because I didn’t really pay so much attention to the locations in the letter but because someone mentioned them earlier, it immediately sprung to my mind.

Then I was mostly just watching some cut scenes. I really did not see the professor still being alive coming, and all in the all the silliness really was cranked into eleven in the ending, but it is a nice enough ending, I guess.

The last puzzle about the bomb was a bit silly, not letting you add ingredients in smaller parts, for example 20 and 20 of sulfur, which would have been a lot simpler but what really was the silliest thing in the whole game was the last message of Yoomurjak. It really defied all logic, even everything in the game world. The earlier messages had been standing there for centuries, and now somehow the newest appeared into the wall in real time, and then could be wiped away. Whaaaaat? How?  Crazy

No, it doesn’t really matter in a cheesy story like this. But about the end part in all seriousness, it seemed a bit rushed. A short exposition from the professor, then Jonathan is sent to past even though it’s incredibly risky, then a short exposition from Yoomurjak. It took like 5 minutes to get to the “time machine has been working all these years” to “let’s blow it up”. And I guess Jonathan didn’t really mean to blow the machine up, or any of the people for that matter, but in the end he killed a lot of people and is riding off to the sunset happily with Juli.

So it was a bit strange experience. Can’t really say that it was a satisfying ending, but I don’t demand perfect endings and stories aren’t ruined for me because of bad endings. And I wouldn’t say it was bad, but definitely weird.

I am interested in the sequel, and will check it out. Not sure if I will actually manage to play it, but I’ll look it up at least.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice! Congratulations on making it to the end. I had the same thing. Day 5 seemed long, I got stuck and I couldn’t sit down long enough to really figure out what was apparently almost the final puzzle. Then the plot kicks into turbo. Huge events occur and -presto- we get the happy ending.

Oh, by the way, would you say the ending jumped the shark?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Now we only have to wait for Intense Degree to show up.
I also wonder what(ever) happened to Diego.

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I went into town (my home town) for some groceries, here’s what I found:

After that I went looking for a wine cellar: no such luck.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Go to a tourist bureau, maybe you’ll get lucky there. Smile

mjp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top