You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #341
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

*WoopWoop* You suddenly rocket into space and zoom toward the direction of the moon. It won't take long to get there- only a few minutes. On the other hand, there won't be much left of you by the time you hit.

I'd like a bottle of cold lemon Nestea. Not diet.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #342
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
The roads are clear of rain and snow. The roads are now covered in Frogs.
I can run over frogs in my truck just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
*WoopWoop* You suddenly rocket into space and zoom toward the direction of the moon. It won't take long to get there- only a few minutes. On the other hand, there won't be much left of you by the time you hit.

I'd like a bottle of cold lemon Nestea. Not diet.
To bad you didn't actually make a wish. But thanks for telling me what you'd like.

I wish I had a 2007 Ford F350, and not a sissy 1998 Ford Ranger.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #343
merely human

*FOOP!* The 2007 Ford F350 is yours, meticulously detailed and handcrafted as a scale model that looks beautiful on your bookshelf.

I wish I had the gumption to get up and head out to the city for cocktail somewhere.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-14-2007, 01:08 AM   #344
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom View Post
To bad you didn't actually make a wish. But thanks for telling me what you'd like.
There's no difference between saying "I wish for that" and saying "I want that". They're synonyms. And you are one terrible wish-granter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I wish I had the gumption to get up and head out to the city for cocktail somewhere.
You receive enough (temporary) gumption to do so. You do not, however, ever have a free moment, and the gumption runs out.

I'd like a bottle of cold lemon Nestea, please. Not Diet.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #345
merely human

Too bad you didn't actually make a wish. But thanks for telling me what you'd like.

I wish I could tear myself away from the laptop and swallow a melatonin pill and retire for the night.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-14-2007, 01:46 AM   #346
tsa
Playing character

Whop! You swallow your pill. Suddenly your door bursts open and a lot of friends stream in, singing: "He's retired, Hurray! Good job old man!" "O no not again," you think. "The same thing every night, like the groundhog movie!"

I wish I didn't have to go to Amsterdam in this foul wet weather today.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:50 AM   #347
merely human

*WHOOP!!!* You trade places with me. Now I get to go somewhere I've always wanted to see, and I love rain, and Dutch men are hot (the gay ones anyway), and you lie in bed when suddenly your door bursts open and a lot of friends stream in, singing: "He's retired, Hurray! Good job old man!" "O no not again," you think. "The same thing every night, like the groundhog movie!"

I wish I could now beat off these damn Dutch men with a stick. They're literally tripping all over themselves trying to get my attention.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #348
Not like them!

*FLOK* Here's a stick. Here's a policeman, watching. Oh, and let's throw in a nearby lawyer too (who happens to hate your guts), just to make it really fun.

I'd like a bottle of cold lemon Nestea, please. Not Diet. And I would like for the person delivering that wish to not be a complete jackass. There, that's two wishes, making up for the two wishes which were denied me by idiots who don't understand that "would like" and "wish for" mean the same thing. So I've still got one wish left. I'd like a lifetime supply of bottles of eternally fresh, cold lemon Nestea. Not Diet.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #349
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Too bad you didn't actually make a wish. But thanks for telling me what you'd like.

I wish *I* had a lifetime supply of bottles of eternally fresh, cold lemon Nestea. Not Diet.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 AM   #350
Not like them!

It falls on your head and crushes you, you jerk. And then I stomp on it a little.

Well, you wishgivers have been pathetic. So I got myself a bottle of fresh, cold, lemon Nestea! And now that three wishes have been ignored, I'm entitled to four wishes!
  1. Give me a Wii.
  2. Then I'd like instant access, for the rest of my life, to any game I want just by announcing "GIMME [game]".
  3. It would be nice to have a new Star Trek show on the air- a good one.
  4. A million bucks, please. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 AM   #351
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

1. *twinkle* Here's your Wii....I hope you don't mind that it doesn't work.
2. *whing* You may now access any game you want by saying "GIMME[game]...trouble is you no longer want to. The thrill has gone.
3.*poff* A new Star Trek show goes on the air- a really good one- in Uzbekistan.
4.*smooch* A million bucks appears in your bedroom...upon closer inspection you find it's Monopoly money, but at least you can now own Park Place AND Madison Avenue.

I wish I could be Queen of the World.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #352
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

*barup* You CAN be queen of the world, as long as you organise a worldwide revolution aimed at introducing a planetary monarchy... or just kill everyone except yourself.

I wish for a million quid
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #353
tsa
Playing character

Plink! A million one pound notes with the text: "owned by SSH" on it are spread evenly around the world. 700000 quid falls into the oceans, and you spend the rest of your life trying to find the rest.

I wish I had a cat my father liked.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #354
Just charging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH View Post
I wish for a million quid
*poof* A million British pounds appear in front of you!

However since Snorklecat has recently become the official queen of the world after the infamous revoltution, your money has become worthless.
The only acceptable universal currency is now the "Snorkle" which bears a lovely depiction of our new queen.

That and a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles a side called "The Ningi".

I wish I knew where all the missing socks go...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #355
Just charging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
A lovely barbecued cat appears which your father really loved... though it could have used some more garlic...

I still wish I knew what happens to all the missing socks...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #356
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
*ROOOOOOOWWWWR*
You get Paris Hilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Veil
I wish I knew where all the missing socks go...
*Poosh*
All the missing socks go to heaven.

I wish people would not reply faster than me in this thread, and deprive me of granting a very witty corrupted wish.

Firefox rules
Old 02-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #357
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
*ROOOOOOOWWWWR*
You get Paris Hilton

I wish people would not reply faster than me in this thread, and deprive me of granting a very witty corrupted wish.
Wow now I'm afraid of my own cat! That Hilton woman is scary

Ploinkyplink! People now reply exactly at the same time as you, causing the server to become overloaded and crash.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #358
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post

Granted. All of the fellow forumites go out on Valentine's day, leaving you with the thread all to yourself.

I wish that I lived in a bigger town.

Incidentally, I just found out what an incredibly bad idea it is to reheat 4 chicken wings in the microwave for 55 seconds.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #359
Homer of Kittens

*KRAAAAAAACKKKK*
You are now an ant.

I wish I was a super-hero that everyone loved.

Firefox rules
Old 02-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #360
Not like them!

*ZZZZAAAPPO* You have just turned into Eric O'Grady, a.k.a. The Irredeemable Ant-Man. He's a sleazebag who makes love to just about everyone. And everyone detests him. Or is that not what you meant..?

May I please have a more powerful computer?