• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tomorrow will be a perfect day for game playing. Depending on which forecast model is correct, we could get as little as 4” to as much as 13.5” of snow. And it’s not the pretty fluffy light stuff. This is the wet stuff, or what we prefer to call “heart attack snow.”

@Lady K: Hope you are stocked up with the essentials, because it’s headed your way.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 25 November 2018 06:33 PM

Tomorrow will be a perfect day for game playing. Depending on which forecast model is correct, we could get as little as 4” to as much as 13.5” of snow. And it’s not the pretty fluffy light stuff. This is the wet stuff, or what we prefer to call “heart attack snow.”

@Lady K: Hope you are stocked up with the essentials, because it’s headed your way.

We’re getting rain tomorrow, Tim, but an advantage of being retired is every day is a good day for game playing.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There hasn’t been any voting activity for a few days, but I’d like to keep this round open at least until the end of this coming weekend.  If you have any preferences not mentioned yet or if you’re willing to lead a playthrough, now’s the time to come forward.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Put me down for TJD please.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (6) - TimovieMan (leader), LadyKestrel, Crabapple, Sir Beardalot, Henke, RTRooney
The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (6) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Advie, TimovieMan, SoccerDude, Dumbeur

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Crabapple, Doom
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Oscar (leader), Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee, BitingWit, Chrissie
Still Life (5) - Mikekelly (leader). RTRooney, TimovieMan, Advie, Crabapple

Shivers 2 (4) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Crabapple. Doom

Broken Age (3) - Detective Mosely. Donuts McGee, TimovieMan
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (3) - Mikekelly (leader) TimovieMan, Detective Mosely
Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar, Chrissie

Lamplight City (2) RTRooney, BitingWit
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (2) - RTRooney, Sir Beardalot
Louisiana Adventure (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar
Moebius (2) - Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee
Thimbleweed Park (2) - Mikekelly (leader) Detective Mosely
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King (1) - Donuts McGee

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m fine with waiting until the end of the weekend. Couple of things to point out though, and I’m sure everyone else has seen this as well. Assuming nothing changes between now and Sunday...

Only one of the two tied games has a leader.

Only two people voted for both games, TimovieMan, and Lady K. So if everyone votes for the game they voted for and TMM votes for the game he volunteered to lead, and LK votes for TJD we still have a tie. In which case Lady K, as the vote counter, gets to break the tie.

Again, assuming there are no changes between now and Sunday, I would like to remind people that anyone is eligible to vote during the tie-breaking process. So, even if you didn’t vote for either of the two tied games, you are eligible to vote break the tie. HOWEVER, I also urge you NOT to vote for a game that you don’t actually intend to play should that game win.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

The Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel which I have decided to vote for has been unfairly put in a lower group, so I move that it win the round in order to make up for any unfairness that may have resulted from potential voters who may have voted for the game had it looked like it was in for a chance of winning.

Do I hear any seconds for the motion? Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The correction has been made, Cy.  Smile

Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (6) - TimovieMan (leader), LadyKestrel, Crabapple, Sir Beardalot, Henke, RTRooney
The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (6) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Advie, TimovieMan, SoccerDude, Dumbeur

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Crabapple, Doom
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Oscar (leader), Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee, BitingWit, Chrissie
Still Life (5) - Mikekelly (leader). RTRooney, TimovieMan, Advie, Crabapple

Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel (4) - Donuts McGee, Oscar, Chrissie, Cyfoyjvx
Shivers 2 (4) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Crabapple. Doom

Broken Age (3) - Detective Mosely. Donuts McGee, TimovieMan
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (3) - Mikekelly (leader) TimovieMan, Detective Mosely

Lamplight City (2) RTRooney, BitingWit
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (2) - RTRooney, Sir Beardalot
Louisiana Adventure (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar
Moebius (2) - Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee
Thimbleweed Park (2) - Mikekelly (leader) Detective Mosely
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King (1) - Donuts McGee
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (1) - Advie

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I propose TDE: Chains of satinav

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your choice, Advie.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thank you LK!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

We now have a tie between Indy/Atlantis and The Journey Down trilogy, but the latter doesn’t have a leader.  If nobody steps up to lead it, Indy should win by default.  (I think that’s stated in the rules somewhere, but right now I can’t find the reference.)  If a leader does appear, we’ll have a vote to break the tie. 

I’ll keep this round open until tomorrow (Mon.) evening at 10:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time to see if anyone steps forward.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*cough* I’ve already started prep work for leading a playthrough *cough*

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 December 2018 06:03 PM

We now have a tie between Indy/Atlantis and The Journey Down trilogy, but the latter doesn’t have a leader.  If nobody steps up to lead it, Indy should win by default.  (I think that’s stated in the rules somewhere, but right now I can’t find the reference.)  If a leader does appear, we’ll have a vote to break the tie. 

I’ll keep this round open until tomorrow (Mon.) evening at 10:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time to see if anyone steps forward.

I think the extension is needless. If, as you say, there is a tie and one of the two tied games has a leader, then that game is the winner. Why extend the process to search for a leader that didn’t previously step forward, and create more chaos? FoA, with TimovieMan should be declared the winner. Of course that’s my opinion and I’m sure others will disagree.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can see your point, RT.  I have mentioned a few times that many of the games needed leaders.  I also asked Wilco if he wanted to lead TLJ since he volunteered the last time it was nominated, but he has to deal with some real life stuff and can’t do it.  If there aren’t any objections (one can hope), I’ll call this round and say that Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the winner.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top