• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

But Fate of Atlantis has 3 branching paths, not very suitable for a community playthrough.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 23 November 2018 07:25 PM

But Fate of Atlantis has 3 branching paths, not very suitable for a community playthrough.

Then why did you vote for it? (Even though your vote, on the prior page doesn’t show in the current tabulation.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

rtrooney - 23 November 2018 08:14 PM
Doom - 23 November 2018 07:25 PM

Then why did you vote for it? (Even though your vote, on the prior page doesn’t show in the current tabulation.)

Did I miss something? I’m not seeing where Doom voted for it. Regardless, I guess it would be a “everyone choose the same path playthrough”. It’s been a very long time since I last played it so I don’t remember if there is a key moment to choose a path or not.  Meh

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m also confused, I certainly didn’t vote for FOA. Was it some sort of a meta-joke about branching paths? The game does offer to choose a path early on, it’s the main feature. I just thought that choosing one particular path for a playthrough is kind of misleading.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My apologies. It was Henke that voted for FoA.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Doom - 24 November 2018 04:12 AM

I just thought that choosing one particular path for a playthrough is kind of misleading.

Misleading? Could be fun to have a vote while playing which one to choose.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Henke - 24 November 2018 12:57 PM

Misleading? Could be fun to have a vote while playing which one to choose.

Not able to choose your own path in a game famous for choosing your own path - it’s like removing timed events from The Last Express. Especially to those who have never played FOA. And CPT leaders usually plan the playthrough in advance, not sure if TimovieMan will even allow a democratic vote. But if people don’t mind, I’m also fine with it. I think I saw 2 of the 3 paths and enjoyed both of them.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Put me in for Thimbleweed Park, Ill lead. I had the Indy game on my Amiga system, it was simply a wonderful game. I hope the PC version is as good. I don’t see the different paths as a problem for a CPT, the players will just have to pick a path or the leader will have to pick a path.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 24 November 2018 11:44 AM

When only giving it a quick glance, both Henke and Doom’s avatars are a bit similar (it’s a shape and colour thing).

Maybe that’s where the confusion came from? I know I look at the avatars a lot too, and I can totally see myself making this mistake too. Grin

Doom - 24 November 2018 01:53 PM

And CPT leaders usually plan the playthrough in advance, not sure if TimovieMan will even allow a democratic vote. But if people don’t mind, I’m also fine with it. I think I saw 2 of the 3 paths and enjoyed both of them.

Actually, my idea was to play 2 of the 3 paths (or maybe even all 3) during the playthrough.

All three branches end at the exact same point, and the last part of the game is then identical.

I was thinking along the lines of:
- First act until the branching moment
- Save game before the choice
- Play Branch A until the start of the last act
- Return to your save game and play Branch B until the start of the last act
(- Return to your save game and play Branch C until the start of the last act)
- Last act

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

TimovieMan - 24 November 2018 03:38 PM
rtrooney - 24 November 2018 11:44 AM

When only giving it a quick glance, both Henke and Doom’s avatars are a bit similar (it’s a shape and colour thing).

Maybe that’s where the confusion came from? I know I look at the avatars a lot too, and I can totally see myself making this mistake too. Grin

Doom - 24 November 2018 01:53 PM

And CPT leaders usually plan the playthrough in advance, not sure if TimovieMan will even allow a democratic vote. But if people don’t mind, I’m also fine with it. I think I saw 2 of the 3 paths and enjoyed both of them.

Actually, my idea was to play 2 of the 3 paths (or maybe even all 3) during the playthrough.

All three branches end at the exact same point, and the last part of the game is then identical.

I was thinking along the lines of:
- First act until the branching moment
- Save game before the choice
- Play Branch A until the start of the last act
- Return to your save game and play Branch B until the start of the last act
(- Return to your save game and play Branch C until the start of the last act)
- Last act

That sounds like a great idea to me Timovieman! That way everyone will be on the same page and can enjoy it in its entirety Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Doom, do you want me to add your vote to Indy/Atlantis?

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Crabapple, Doom
Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (5) - TimovieMan (leader), LadyKestrel, Crabapple, Sir Beardalot, Henke
The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Advie, TimovieMan, SoccerDude
Still Life (5) - Mikekelly (leader). RTRooney, TimovieMan, Advie, Crabapple

Shivers 2 (4) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Crabapple. Doom
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Oscar (leader), Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee, BitingWit

Broken Age (3) - Detective Mosely. Donuts McGee, TimovieMan
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (3) - Mikekelly (leader) TimovieMan, Detective Mosely

Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar
Lamplight City (2) RTRooney, BitingWit
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (2) - RTRooney, Sir Beardalot
Louisiana Adventure (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar
Moebius (2) - Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee
Thimbleweed Park (2) - Mikekelly (leader) Detective Mosely
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King (1) - Donuts McGee

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The Shapeshifting Detective looks interesting so I’ll cast a vote for that.  Thumbs Up

Also I’ll cast a vote for Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel - I’ve played it before & know it’s based on an interesting book but whether any clues can be gleaned from what I learnt from some of the endings makes this uninteresting game a more interesting one on a replay remains to be seen - I’m curious! Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Even though it’s currently tied with a game I nominated, I’ll join the Indy/FoA crowd with a vote. I’ve never played it so some hand-holding might be in order.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think I’ll pass for now. I’d really like to finally play The Journey Down or Catyph.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis (6) - TimovieMan (leader), LadyKestrel, Crabapple, Sir Beardalot, Henke, RTRooney

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Crabapple, Doom
The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Advie, TimovieMan, SoccerDude
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Oscar (leader), Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee, BitingWit, Chrissie
Still Life (5) - Mikekelly (leader). RTRooney, TimovieMan, Advie, Crabapple

Shivers 2 (4) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Crabapple. Doom

Broken Age (3) - Detective Mosely. Donuts McGee, TimovieMan
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (3) - Mikekelly (leader) TimovieMan, Detective Mosely
Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel (3) - Donuts McGee, Oscar, Chrissie

Lamplight City (2) RTRooney, BitingWit
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (2) - RTRooney, Sir Beardalot
Louisiana Adventure (2) - Donuts McGee, Oscar
Moebius (2) - Detective Mosely, Donuts McGee
Thimbleweed Park (2) - Mikekelly (leader) Detective Mosely
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Detective Mosely

Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King (1) - Donuts McGee

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top