• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Luki Sumilo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 04 August 2017 01:25 PM
rtrooney - 02 August 2017 09:09 PM

I wouldn’t mind playing it again.

Is this not a vote for Atlantis 2? Smile

No it’s not. Why don’t you post rtooney’s full sentence?

I wouldn’t mind playing it again. But I am not going to buy it again.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oh, but then we’d have a tie, and those are always so much fun in this particular thread!  Nerd

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

FireFlower - 03 August 2017 05:23 PM

And FireFlower Games can donate a copy of Sinking Island or Atlantis 2 to the person leading the game. And if anyone else is interested in getting it you can get it at a 50% discount.

Is Fireflower offering the complete Windows version of Atlantis 2 or the stripped down version that Steam is selling—and wilco commented on in Post #337—

wilco - 21 July 2017 04:44 PM

Edit: Looking at the Steam forums, there are indeed 2 versions, apparently the Steam version is a Android/mobile port stripped of a lot of puzzles and FMVs so avoid that, better to try to make the gog version work

I know the OS X version is the stripped down version, but the Windows version could be either the complete version or the eviscerated version.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

crabapple - 04 August 2017 04:06 PM
FireFlower - 03 August 2017 05:23 PM

And FireFlower Games can donate a copy of Sinking Island or Atlantis 2 to the person leading the game. And if anyone else is interested in getting it you can get it at a 50% discount.

Is Fireflower offering the complete Windows version of Atlantis 2 or the stripped down version that Steam is selling—and wilco commented on in Post #337—

wilco - 21 July 2017 04:44 PM

Edit: Looking at the Steam forums, there are indeed 2 versions, apparently the Steam version is a Android/mobile port stripped of a lot of puzzles and FMVs so avoid that, better to try to make the gog version work

I know the OS X version is the stripped down version, but the Windows version could be either the complete version or the eviscerated version.

Not sure actually. How do you know? Our Windows version is version 1.0.0 and is 665 MB, our Mac version is 1.7 GB.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It might be the stripped-down version. The download size of the Windows version on BigFish is 1.9 Gig.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I can check with the publisher.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Actually on your site it says “Download Size 665 MB - 1.7 GB” which suggests you may have the original Windows version and the stripped down OS X version (which is unfortunately the only OS X version).
http://fireflowergames.com/shop/atlantis-2-beyond-atlantis/

It would be good to know for sure though.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The screenshots in your site are of the new stripped down version but probably better to check with the publisher

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2017 01:02 PM

And the winner is: *drum rolls* Sinking Island by a hairline. Iznogood, please feel free to start the playthrough thread.

Great - I will create the CP thread tomorrow.

I the mean time, you can all start getting a copy and/or installing the game.
Don’t know much about full version vs stripped down version, but my copy from the old Adventure Shop is 1.96 GB download and 2.65 GB installed, so anything less than that is probably a stripped down version.

Edit: A misunderstanding on my part.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

That’s the version I have installed too.

Looking forward to my first CP. Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I thought the stripped down version was for Atlantis 2. Is there also a stripped down version for Sinking Island? I have the Steam version.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 August 2017 05:15 PM

Is there also a stripped down version for Sinking Island?

Not to my knowledge.
As far as I know, the strippage victims were first person games from Cryo/Kheops/Microids.
Not 3rd person games.

The Sinking Island installer I have from FireFlower is 2GB.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 August 2017 05:15 PM

I thought the stripped down version was for Atlantis 2. Is there also a stripped down version for Sinking Island? I have the Steam version.

Sorry for the confusion - I misunderstood the commotion here as there was a stripped down version of SI, but rereading the posts I can see that was a misunderstanding on my part Meh

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

No need to apologize. I had the same confusion. Anyway, I’ve not checked the install size, but the download size was a little over 1.9, so I’m assuming it’s the full version of the game. It’s installed. I guess someone needs to make the determination as to what mode we will be playing the game in. In case the mode makes a difference. I think everyone should be playing the same game. My vote is for whatever mode, Adventure or Timed, is easiest. I’ll save the harder of the two modes for replay value.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

My vote is defo for the non-timed version.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top