• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dealine for voting is: August 4th 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

- Sinking Island (8):Iznogood(leader), chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, Headycakesofdoom, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (6):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco, cyfoyjvx, diego.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 29 July 2017 03:56 PM

I don’t really think it is a hard game to lead.
As I recall it is conveniently divided into chapters, and there are also no branching paths or anything like that, though there might be some things that you can discover earlier or later in the game, or possibly not discover at all? - It has been many years since I played it so I really can’t remember much of the gameplay, only the story and the graphics.

Anyway, I guess I could lead it!
(It would probably be harder/more embarrassing to drop out if I’m also leading it Wink)
But if anyone else want to take a stab at it, you are more than welcome.

SoccerDude, Iznogood has offered to lead Sinking Island (unless he meanwhile changes his mind - pleeease don’t!  Laughing )

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

chrissie - 01 August 2017 01:44 PM
Iznogood - 29 July 2017 03:56 PM

I don’t really think it is a hard game to lead.
As I recall it is conveniently divided into chapters, and there are also no branching paths or anything like that, though there might be some things that you can discover earlier or later in the game, or possibly not discover at all? - It has been many years since I played it so I really can’t remember much of the gameplay, only the story and the graphics.

Anyway, I guess I could lead it!
(It would probably be harder/more embarrassing to drop out if I’m also leading it Wink)
But if anyone else want to take a stab at it, you are more than welcome.

SoccerDude, Iznogood has offered to lead Sinking Island (unless he meanwhile changes his mind - pleeease don’t!  Laughing )

Okay I updated to reflect this.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I feel like I need a quiet 1st person game after Al Emmo so I’m going to vote for Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis 2).

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Only 2 days left to vote. It is a very tight race right now.

Dealine for voting is: August 4th 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

- Sinking Island (8):Iznogood(leader), chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, Headycakesofdoom, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (7):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco, cyfoyjvx, diego, BitingWit.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is anybody planning to play Atlantis 2 with the original disks? Obviously using an emulator such as DosBox. I liked the game. I have it in its original box. I wouldn’t mind playing it again. But I am not going to buy it again.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Last call for voting, less than 24 hours remaining. Sinking Island is leading by a hair.

Deadline is: August 4th 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

- Sinking Island (8):Iznogood(leader), chrissie, dumbeur, rtrooney, SoccerDude28, crabapple, wilco, FireFlower.

- Beyond Atlantis(Atlantis 2) (7):Lady Kestrel(leader), crabapple, Kurufinwe?, wilco, cyfoyjvx, diego, BitingWit.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 02 August 2017 09:09 PM

Is anybody planning to play Atlantis 2 with the original disks? Obviously using an emulator such as DosBox. I liked the game. I have it in its original box. I wouldn’t mind playing it again. But I am not going to buy it again.

I’ve played it inside Virtual PC in the past—using a Windows 98 VM (host computer had 64-bit Windows 7).
I wasn’t planning to do that for this playthrough though.
If the DRM-free version didn’t behave on Windows 7, I’d try it in an XP VM.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I vote for Sinking Island. Smile

And FireFlower Games can donate a copy of Sinking Island or Atlantis 2 to the person leading the game. And if anyone else is interested in getting it you can get it at a 50% discount.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

FireFlower - 03 August 2017 05:23 PM

You should be voting for Atlantis so you can rustle up some business when everyone buys all the sequels from your website! Grin

Soccerdude did you read my edit a few pages back about withdrawing my vote?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 04 August 2017 01:57 AM

You should be voting for Atlantis so you can rustle up some business when everyone buys all the sequels from your website! Grin

Soccerdude did you read my edit a few pages back about withdrawing my vote?

Oh sorry I missed that. I will update accordingly. Thanks for letting me know Smile

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 04 August 2017 01:57 AM

I actually prefer Sinking Island Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

And the winner is: *drum rolls* Sinking Island by a hairline. Iznogood, please feel free to start the playthrough thread.

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

And here’s a discount code if you want to get it 50% off on FireFlower Games: FFG-QKMF-DZPM Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

rtrooney - 02 August 2017 09:09 PM

I wouldn’t mind playing it again.

Is this not a vote for Atlantis 2? Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top