• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7472

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Dag - 08 March 2014 02:58 AM

Shake hands?

Of course!  Smile

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 08 March 2014 05:49 AM
rtrooney - 06 March 2014 09:25 PM

You know what? I tried it before and hated the nausea-inducing environment.

But as long as so many of my pals are playing, I’m going to give it one more chance.

$10US on gog isn’t going to break the bank. No guarantees that I will make it through the first sequence, but I will give it a shot.

Well if you’re going to give it a shot Tim - me too! I’d love to get through a Tex Murphy game & if I can’t do it in a CPT I never will! I’ve now downloaded it from GoG & played through the introduction so let’s raise our buckets for a toast!

I loved your post diego, it was a lovely way to pacify things & set the mood - do penguins get motion sickness?

The game starts on Monday. The new thread is open. Join me there. I only went through the intro until I had to start “interacting”. Then quit. So far, no problems, but I have yet needed to use the up and down arrows. You’ve got the bucket. I’m raising the toast with a washable plastic wastebasket. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thanks rtrooney, I should probably have posted something about it myself here, but I kind of assumed everybody would just notice it on their own.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m glad you liked the re-enactment!

Becky - 07 March 2014 08:07 PM

What a great re-enactment! Seeing their screenshots so close together, you’ve made me ponder how similar Tony and Tex are

You could be on to something, there. (if I only played Tex & Tony Tough Wink)

Karlok - 07 March 2014 09:14 PM

I’m very pleased with the way you made my lovely hair stand out in your pic, a real eyecatcher. Harsh feelings? Drop by ANY TIME. My chains, whips and handcuffs will be ready for you.

GULP! Yum

Advie - 07 March 2014 09:45 PM

shouldn’t the scenario goes like Odvie was already late for voting?

But you were not late!? (twice!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I know it’s way too early to start considering the next game, but the thread was buried around six pages deep, and it needs to be up front. I wonder whether the thread, moderated by Tim, not me, the other one, shouldn’t be pegged seeing as it appears that it will have a life in perpetuity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 11 April 2014 08:40 PM

I know it’s way too early to start considering the next game, but the thread was buried around six pages deep, and it needs to be up front. I wonder whether the thread, moderated by Tim, not me, the other one, shouldn’t be pegged seeing as it appears that it will have a life in perpetuity.

That’s exactly why it’s included here… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I am unsure how the current playthrough is going but would it be impossible to lead a blind playthrough on one of these new games that are coming this spring? Though I guess no one wants to stop playing when reaching the next chapter Tongue.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I think I’ve said this when it was suggested before millennia, if I’ve just bought a new game I don’t want to be hanging around within the time constrictions of a playthrough & would want to just go ahead & get on with it! The only exception would be if I wasn’t getting on with it too well! It’s a nice idea though!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 12 April 2014 02:43 PM

That’s exactly why it’s included here… Wink

True, but that is not exactly front and center. One would have to know it’s there even though the overall thread title has nothing to do with CPT.

Was just thinking that, if there is a desire to continue the CPT concept forever and ever, there ought to be a way to keep the thread on the front page.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 12 April 2014 10:02 PM

One would have to know it’s there even though the overall thread title has nothing to do with CPT.

We DO know it’s there! When the time comes to discuss another CP someone will revive this thread.

Was just thinking that, if there is a desire to continue the CPT concept forever and ever, there ought to be a way to keep the thread on the front page.

Whatever for? We only need this thread every two or even three months. I much prefer a front page with as few stickies as possible.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 13 April 2014 12:40 AM

Whatever for? We only need this thread every two or even three months. I much prefer a front page with as few stickies as possible.

That was the primary reason why I created that thread. There were at one point no less than SIX stickied threads. Making one that links to several at once is ‘cleaner’, imo…

And its use has become widespread amongst the regulars, so win-win???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4287

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 13 April 2014 03:01 AM

that thread... its use has become widespread amongst the regulars

Now, should I tell you the truth or let you live with that delusion?

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 13 April 2014 05:18 AM

Delusion or not, thanks for replying to the shameless plug… Wink Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 April 2014 05:18 AM

I use it a lot.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top