• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #41: Kathy Rain

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 10 February 2017 09:06 PM
Krusbert - 10 February 2017 12:52 PM

Loving all of the discussions and theories, guys! Smile

Sorry if I go a bit off topic here, but if you enjoyed Kathy Rain, I’d highly appreciate your support in the annual AGS Awards!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/awards/

The voting just opened, and Kathy Rain has been nominated in eleven categories. We’re up against a formidable opponent in Shardlight, so we’ll need all the help we can get!

I don’t like this at all. You really should not try to get people to vote for your game. And I’m not going to explain why, you do know.

Go away. You did not participate in the game and your opinion is not welcome on the game’s thread.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I only remains to thank Chrissie for leading this playthrough and also all the other players, it was good to exchange opinions and delusions about the game.

Oscar - 10 February 2017 09:41 PM

Make sure to play all the games that were nominated and pick your favourite for each category!

So if we have not played all the other games we simply can not vote, we should not, it would be unfair to the other games.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 10 February 2017 09:43 PM
Karlok - 10 February 2017 09:06 PM
Krusbert - 10 February 2017 12:52 PM

Loving all of the discussions and theories, guys! Smile

Sorry if I go a bit off topic here, but if you enjoyed Kathy Rain, I’d highly appreciate your support in the annual AGS Awards!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/awards/

The voting just opened, and Kathy Rain has been nominated in eleven categories. We’re up against a formidable opponent in Shardlight, so we’ll need all the help we can get!

I don’t like this at all. You really should not try to get people to vote for your game. And I’m not going to explain why, you do know.

Go away. You did not participate in the game and your opinion is not welcome on the game’s thread.

I’ve played Kathy Rain. I thought it was a mediocre game. The Kathy character was good, voiceacting too, but the story was disappointing in the end and the puzzles were nothing special.

You do not have the right to tell me to go away.

PS: Aren’t you just a teeny weensy bit glad that I didn’t participate…?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Renacimiento - 10 February 2017 09:45 PM

I only remains to thank Chrissie for leading this playthrough and also all the other players, it was good to exchange opinions and delusions about the game.

Make sure to play all the games that were nominated and pick your favourite for each category!

So if we have not played all the other games we simply can not vote, we should not, it would be unfair to the other games.

Spot on, you should obviously only vote if you are familiar with the other games in each category. It’s perfectly fine to abstain from voting in a particular category, too. You can also adjust your votes all the way up to early march.

Regarding the broken link - It seems it doesn’t work unless you’re registered on the forums and logged in.

Here’s a link to the forum thread instead: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54316.msg636553063#msg636553063

And yes, big thanks to Chrissie, and thanks to everyone for playing!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The game got a rating of 4.5 in it’s review on this site, hardly mediocre. I am in line with this score.

I myself would never come into a public playing of a game at the end where it was popularly voted in to play and call it mediocre.

The game was $4.99 and worth every penny. The game is up for quite a few aggies and I will vote for this game every chance I get - one of my very favorite adventure games period - much less recent.

Yes, the end is very creepy, but I liked it that way and found the puzzles in the game fun and interesting to solve.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks, chrissie, for doing such a great job leading this game and managing the commentary. It’s hard enough to lead a game where there is little or no ambiguity. Doing so when ambiguity was rampant had to be a very tough task, and you handled it well. Great job.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Mikekelly - 11 February 2017 11:58 AM

I myself would never come into a public playing of a game at the end where it was popularly voted in to play and call it mediocre.

No, not the type of thing you would do. But neither are you the kind of person who would post: Go away. You did not participate in the game and your opinion is not welcome on the game’s thread.

I’d just been following the CP to see what other people thought of Kathy Rain. But as soon as I read that, I felt like posting my opinion of the game. 

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Krusbert - 11 February 2017 03:43 AM

Spot on, you should obviously only vote if you are familiar with the other games in each category. It’s perfectly fine to abstain from voting in a particular category, too. You can also adjust your votes all the way up to early march.

Thanks for clarifying that Joel!

It’s quite a tall order to have to have played all of the games within a particular category before casting a vote for a game within it! But, I understand from the AGS forum that it is acceptable to base your vote just playing through a demo if available. (I did find it curious that one game where development seems to have ceased has been nominated in many categories based merely on the demo???)
Okay, there’s a few weeks to go so to be fair, I will have a go at experiencing all of the games nominated in a given category before casting my vote & withdraw any vote for KR on failing to do that for any particular one!  Innocent

There seems to have been no further thoughts on the plot of KR for a few days so thanks all for the comments & great participation nicely summed up by:

...............it was good to exchange opinions and delusions about the game.

It turned out to be an absolute delight for me to lead this playthrough with such an enthusiastic group of players - it was quite short but that’s completely down to your very engaging game Joel as everyone seemed keen to keep moving on! ......and thank you for turning up & contributing to the thread! Thumbs Up

Unless anyone else has any objection my thought was that the thread can now be un-pinned in the next couple of days – TimovieMan has all of the playthroughs listed within the permanently pinned post near the top of the AG Forum page : Game recommendations and important/popular threads, so just scroll down to it if you want to add any more ideas/revelations about the game in the future after the playthrough disappears off of the page if not before!  Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@Joel, or anyone else who has been able to cast a vote for KR…

I’ve been on the site about three times, and simply can’t find a way to cast a ballot. The thread discussing the voting doesn’t allow you to vote from within the thread. And the there is no voting option from within the list of nominees. How can a cast a ballot for this great game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not taking the bait.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

rtrooney - 12 February 2017 06:50 PM

I’ve been on the site about three times, and simply can’t find a way to cast a ballot. The thread discussing the voting doesn’t allow you to vote from within the thread. And the there is no voting option from within the list of nominees. How can a cast a ballot for this great game.

Sorry if I was unclear, you have to register on the forums and log on, then the original link will work Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 12 February 2017 08:30 PM

Not taking the bait.

LOL! By not taking a bait that wasn’t offered you’re taking it. And I certainly took yours.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Krusbert - 13 February 2017 04:01 AM
rtrooney - 12 February 2017 06:50 PM

Sorry if I was unclear, you have to register on the forums and log on, then the original link will work Smile

Just to add Tim, after registering you only need to click on ‘AGS Awards votes’ (at the top of the page) to get to the voting! Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney -

I played Kathy Rain as a participant in the AGCPT. While not totally enamored with the graphics, it was easily the best AG I played this year. I don’t know how much that was due to the communal playing environment, but it doesn’t matter. Kathy Reigns!

If I could give likes on this site, I’d give two to the person who posted this (and another post he made also).

It does help to have a great CPT, which this was. However, I had time to play the end of Kathy Rain several times and found it actually to be even more interesting the more I played it (it really grew on me).

I now want another Kathy Rain game and an HD remake please.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 15 February 2017 03:39 AM

It does help to have a great CPT, which this was. However, I had time to play the end of Kathy Rain several times and found it actually to be even more interesting the more I played it (it really grew on me).

I now want another Kathy Rain game and an HD remake please.

Heart

You have a like from me for that post too MikeKelly.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top