• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I wanna be a pirate type games recommendations

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

Could you recommend me adventure game where the main character is a newbie and has to prove himself. Here are examples of such games:
- Secret of Monkey Island
- Simon the Sorcerer
- Apprentice
- Whispered World
- The Tales of Bingwood

Preferebly in cartoon/retro style.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Touche

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Night of The Rabbit is all you need right now, believe it, its even better than the best you have in mind for a newbie-magic-user-wanna-be story.

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

Advie - 26 January 2017 06:41 PM

The Night of The Rabbit is all you need right now, believe it, its even better than the best you have in mind for a newbie-magic-user-wanna-be story.

That’s right it’s pretty good. Too bad I played it already.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tom - 26 January 2017 06:43 PM

Cry  play it again Tongue

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

Advie - 26 January 2017 06:48 PM
tom - 26 January 2017 06:43 PM

Cry  play it again Tongue

Maybe I will play Whispered World again. But frankly I would like to play something fresh Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Nelly.Cootalot?, pirate stuff not really of Newbies but good.
A Stitch In Time,  the newbie style of the protagonist characteristics and the game atmosphere.

but anyways if haven’t played Silence yet, it would be a great chance to play TWW and the sequel back to back.

Joined 2012-12-08

PM

Advie - 26 January 2017 07:00 PM

Nelly.Cootalot?, pirate stuff not really of Newbies but good.
A Stitch In Time,  the newbie style of the protagonist characteristics and the game atmosphere.

but anyways if haven’t played Silence yet, it would be a great chance to play TWW and the sequel back to back.

Damn, I tried to play Whispered World for a while but its so depressing. I want to have fun like with Monkey Island. Why modern adventure games are so mature and/or gloomy?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

There are probably many more, but the first that came to mind is:

So Blonde

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Loom, Woodruff, Legend to Kyrandia to some extent. And Quest for Glory series, of course, although it kinda follows the standard RPG formula.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Maybe Jolly Rover or Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

I agree about The Whispered World, but I kept going because of the pretty graphics. The ending makes it almost worth it.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

captain morgane and the golden turtle but unfortunately it doesn’t work well on Windows 7 (the game is slows to a crawl and is unplayable).

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Duke Grabowski Mighty Swashbuckler comes to mind. I only started it and got stuck pretty much at the beginning of the game and so can’t comment on how good it is, but, it seemed pretty piratey to me.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 27 January 2017 05:33 AM

There are probably many more, but the first that came to mind is:

So Blonde

if they only have found a way thru those longs terrible loading times of each scene this game would have been much greater, yea technical issues could ruin a hell outta well-made game, even if its soundtracks were only just one track all over game Grin

Uh, i gotta say it ‘sorry’, but how everyone just throws in a couple of lines like spitting out his opinion but without making the tiniest effort to connect with other’s too,  always was my ‘head spinning’ strange thing with these forums…. but, anyways, whatever, however.. move on..etc

Doom - 28 January 2017 02:50 PM

Loom, Woodruff, Legend to Kyrandia to some extent. And Quest for Glory series, of course, although it kinda follows the standard RPG formula.

why do i always get the feeling that your love Woodruff came late but had toppled every thing you ve ever known? Smile

SpeedBo - 28 January 2017 03:08 PM

Maybe Jolly Rover or Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

I agree about The Whispered World, but I kept going because of the pretty graphics. The ending makes it almost worth it.

i didnt like Jolly Rover, was too much off unoriginality that killed it.
and Kaptain Brawe was too absurdly difficult at some moments that were like too way pushed in for given the taste of the 90s golden age difficulties, maybe if was done 2-3 times thru the whole game but…. these were overdone.

as for TWW it (and Edna & Harvey) they took three times of installing, trying 5-10 mins outta it/them, then unistalling it/them again and again, until i was captured at a moment that i could not get enough outta them… or did NOT want them to end!.. its like those old Metallica’s albums and those tracks which you might have taken several times til you have reach that same kinda moment; and then since, you have played them 100s times over and over and yet could not get enough of them.
in my book E&H (TWW is just a notch or two below) is the perfect design ever given through any given adventure game, might not be the best but yet perfect!!

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Advie - 28 January 2017 05:44 PM

i didnt like Jolly Rover, was too much off unoriginality that killed it.
and Kaptain Brawe was too absurdly difficult at some moments that were like too way pushed in for given the taste of the 90s golden age difficulties, maybe if was done 2-3 times thru the whole game but…. these were overdone.

I wouldn’t put either of them on my top 10, but I didn’t have any trouble with the puzzles in Kaptain Brawe. Jolly Rover seemed to like a fun little game, maybe not to memorable, but still fun.

I found Sadwick to be so unlikeable that I barely made it all the way through. And because I didn’t like the protagonist it made the whole game feel like a chore.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I wanna be an alchemist: Hadean Lands
I wanna be a space pirate: Spaceship Warlock
I wanna be a rogue: Quest for Infamy
I wanna be a spy: Spycraft
I wanna be an explorer: Miasmata
I wanna be a ghost hunter: Amber: Journeys Beyond

I could probably go on forever. A lot of adventure games have this theme.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top