• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #13 - Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I also opened the chest. Was a bit disappointed that Chill and Fire were vanquished so easily. I sort of agree with Iznogood; if it were that easy, why hasn’t someone else done it?

Also I think it is awful that their horses had to die as well. Someone can surely use horses that broadcast fire and ice? But maybe it is not a horse and rider but a single construct.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I suggest that everyone who has opened the chest take a break, It is the weekend after all. Time to spend good time with family and friends. Plus, tomorrow is Halloween. Hopefully we will not be playing games, but enjoying the little trick or treaters dressed up in their costumes.

I’m posting this as the next stop point. But PLEASE don’t rush to get there. Here in the US, tomorrow is the end of Daylight Savings Time. So this may be the last time we’ll have a chance to grill out while we can still see what we’re grilling.

So here is the endpoint for the current episode.

For all of the reasons mentioned above, I suggest you hold off looking for this point until Monday. On Monday, you start.It should be a fairly short episode. Maybe 45 minutes. Report in when you have arrived.

From that point on we will continue to the finish.

Hint: The stop point is when you have arrived at this destination with the inventory items shown.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

furgotten - 30 October 2015 05:52 PM

I also opened the chest. Was a bit disappointed that Chill and Fire were vanquished so easily. I sort of agree with Iznogood; if it were that easy, why hasn’t someone else done it?

Also I think it is awful that their horses had to die as well. Someone can surely use horses that broadcast fire and ice? But maybe it is not a horse and rider but a single construct.

I think it’s fair to say that the horses were probably as evil as their riders. I don’t think you would ever want to put your children on one, a la a pony ride, once the riders were dead.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve opened the box and couldn’t resist fixing the chimera.

It’s unusual in casual games for characters like the dwarf to stick with us and comment so often—usually you talk to a character who is sitting or standing someplace in the environment, and then maybe you come back and talk again once or twice, but they don’t follow you around and comment on things. And sidekick companions in these games usually don’t talk much—they’re mostly there for their skills (they can fly or breathe fire or fit in small places), not their conversation.

My first reaction whenever the dwarf would talk was: “you mean YOU are still here?”

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The first thing that came to mind when I read your post was the chihuahua in the Mystery Trackers games. And there have been any number of cats and fairies. Except for the fairy in Fiends and Fairies, none of them ever spoke, let alone was a pro-active participant as was the dwarf at the end of the second episode.

I didn’t play the first Lost Lands game, so I don’t know if a similar relationship developed in that game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Becky - 31 October 2015 04:55 PM

My first reaction whenever the dwarf would talk was: “you mean YOU are still here?”

Mine was “why are you talking?”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Most of you have found the dwarf. So we’ll move on. The dwarf is quite talkative. You will get quite a bit of backstory during this episode.

That’s why I thought he was talking.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend; unencumbered by thoughts of games and puzzles. We had some trick or treaters. Not to many because it was raining in our area. Daylight savings time has ended. It now is dark at 5:30, and it will get darker earlier until December 22. Unless I find a way to set up floodlights, I think my grilling season is over. As is the golf season. So, I guess it is back to the task at hand.

I don’t know who is waiting to open the chest. Although I know a few who have opened it and just couldn’t resist going a step or two farther.

Anyway, open the chest and continue your quest. The end point of this chapter is in the screenshot I posted earlier. You’re back at the cottage with the two inventory items shown. This is a short chapter. Maybe 45 minutes. So let’s give it until Tuesday to finish. If, for whatever reason, we need to extend until Wednesday, we can do that.

Once everyone checks in as having completed this chapter we will be close to the endgame.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Well, I’m in the cottage again, but it took me an hour and a half so I’m not sure if I did more that I “should”. Never mind, I’m here now anyway. Tongue
Except those two inventory items, I also have a sheet of paper. And I really liked the colourbook thing. Not hard, but It’s nostalgic.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not exactly sure what to say about the extra inventory items. I arrived back at the cottage with only the two items shown. The game isn’t entirely linear, so you do have the opportunity to wander around and explore. I honestly don’t remember whether I already found the paper and used it before arriving at this point, or it still needs to be found.

Either way, the game is linear enough. You will not be able to proceed beyond a certain point unless you have accomplished all that needs to be done.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also reached the stopping point, and like RebKean with the same extra inventory item.

I must admit that I’m beginning to warm up to the story, and like others have mentioned having a talking sidekick is a bit unusual, but I nice touch.

I also finally found a reference to the previous game, in the form of a manuscript with a small synopses of what happened in the first game. It also answers my previous question, of why the protagonist was chosen for this mission: [spoiler]“Since the the people of the Lost Lands have honoured the mother’s deeds, and consider her the Chosen Protector”[/spoiler]

Still not much of a challenge to the puzzles though Meh

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I replayed this part. To allay any fears the other players might have, it is possible to find the sheet of paper both before and after you reach the cottage.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

That’s good, and I suspected as much. I was more insterested in the fact that it took me twice the time you thought it would take. I mean, not that it matters really, it was just that the estimated times before fitted quite well, so I was a bit surprised. Almost thought I missed something and was about to finish early. =)
But then I got the items in question, so I knew I was in the right place.
And even though the puzzles may not be difficult, I personally really dislike slider-things. No, not that many are sliders in the strict sence, but to me there are to many with the same sort of structure. But hey, that’s just me. =)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The fact that it took you twice as long is easily explained. You took a more circuitous route than I did. Witness you finding the paper.  Smile

I was also attempting to make this episode and the final episode approximately equal in duration. I probably could have designed the playing of this chapter a little better. Too late now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve reached the stopping point. Am I slow or what? Two hours…

I also have the sheet of paper, though.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top