• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #13 - Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m behind but catching up. I just saw the confrontation between the horsemen. Cool. I mean, hot and cool. I mean, look at all that hot and cool dust, just there in the desert.

I’m beginning to suspect everybody. Usually in this type of story there’s a figure who is obviously good with noble motivations. Doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 28 October 2015 03:29 PM

And on we go!
If you’re fast, you might be able to finish this episode in about an hour.

About an hour indeed was the time it took me to finish this chapter.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

furgotten - 28 October 2015 05:00 PM

The only reason really is that she has done this kind of thing before in Lost Lands: Dark Overlord where she had to rescue her son. Not a compelling reason I admit, but she has apparently become this universe’s go-to portal hopper.

Ahhh, I guess that explains it.
I wasn’t necessarily looking for a good reason for why she was selected, just a reason, and this qualifies. I didn’t knew that this was a sequel, and I also find it a bit odd that they never mention the first game or make some sort of references to it, pretty much every game that I have played that was a sequel, have made some kind of reference to the original game, if for no other reason then simply to try to sell more copies of the original.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

OK, I’m also at the chest now. Took me about an hour and 20 minutes.

We talked earlier about the fact that you needed to bring certain notes to certain puzzles. This time there were two if remember correctly, puzzles where you never actually got the note with you. Not that it didn’t work anyway, but it was a bit different, and I didn’t look that close because I was certain I would have to pick up the note at some point, haha.

The map is great, and I see now why it was so frustrating to remember things before, I wasn’t supposed to!  Grin

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also just opened the chest. I guess it took me about 1½ hour, though I could have done it sooner as soon as I got the key, but I wanted to do everything that I possible could do before opening the chest.

FINALLY there were a puzzle with at least a decent difficulty! I’m of course thinking about the Tetris puzzle which, though not a very difficult puzzle, at least presented a medium challenge.

Otherwise there was a lot of jumping around to places we had been before, and if it wasn’t for the marks on the map, that tells you where you can do something, then it would probably had taken me 5 times longer - Thank god that I didn’t chose the hard difficulty Wink

Edit:

RebKean - 29 October 2015 11:55 AM

We talked earlier about the fact that you needed to bring certain notes to certain puzzles. This time there were two if remember correctly, puzzles where you never actually got the note with you. Not that it didn’t work anyway, but it was a bit different, and I didn’t look that close because I was certain I would have to pick up the note at some point, haha.

One already had the clues right next to it, and for the other you could see the solution in your journal.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I have already forgotten all of it now, so I can’t really argue about it, haha. I remember the thing in the book, but never mind. It was just that I remembered early on someone didn’t like that you had to click the note on the puzzle before you could solve it, and today that wasn’t necessary. I’ll check later.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

RebKean - 29 October 2015 11:55 AM

OK, I’m also at the chest now. Took me about an hour and 20 minutes.

The map is great, and I see now why it was so frustrating to remember things before, I wasn’t supposed to!  Grin

When you run across a note that you can’t bring with you, more than likely the contents of the note were placed in your journal. And while it might be a PITA to open the journal a few times to refresh your memory, it’s better than going back to the site of the note and transcribing it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have to ask. Am I the only person that is looking (and found all,  thus far) all the changing objects (objects from the beyond) and all the pieces for the machine? There are one on each screen! Smile
Perhaps it is only on the CE version….

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 29 October 2015 03:08 PM

I have to ask. Am I the only person that is looking (and found all,  thus far) all the changing objects (objects from the beyond) and all the pieces for the machine? There are one on each screen! Smile
Perhaps it is only on the CE version….

I don’t believe that particular “feature” is available on the SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I have the CE version, and yes I’m looking for the machine and morphing objects. Actually, I’m getting a bit tired of looking for those objects. Are you enjoying it, Sefir?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Becky - 29 October 2015 03:17 PM

I have the CE version, and yes I’m looking for the machine and morphing objects. Actually, I’m getting a bit tired of looking for those objects. Are you enjoying it, Sefir?

It adds to the experience. That WONDEROUS map says in which screen I have yet to find any objects, thus it is not really difficult to find them. It is an extra feature and I’m really intrigued to see if it pays off in the end! Smile

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

I do NOT enjoy looking for those things, I have found all but one I think, but it’s not than fun.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

RebKean - 29 October 2015 04:13 PM

I do NOT enjoy looking for those things, I have found all but one I think, but it’s not than fun.

And if other CE’s are any indication, your “reward” for finding them all will be nothing more than an achievement that says you found them all… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Hahaha, looking forward to that! (or not)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve opened the chest. Took me about an hour and a half, but again, there were interruptions, so I can’t be sure of the time…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top