• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445seagulSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #13 - Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Let me also add a thank you for leading this Playthough Tim.
It was, like it always is, fun to participate in.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks Tim, I enjoyed this one a lot.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Another fun playthrough, thanks Tim. Good job leading; finding the right stopping points sounds difficult to me.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

furgotten - 09 November 2015 10:44 AM

finding the right stopping points sounds difficult to me.

In general, and that includes the AGCPT as well, nobody offers to lead a game they haven’t played before. So, at least we have a general idea of where the game might break. There’s a walkthrough available for most casual games, and those walkthroughs are usually broken up into chapters, so that gives some additional ideas.

Rarely are the walkthrough chapters broken up into equal-length segments. So you’ll need to decide how long you want each episode to last. For me, that’s generally around an hour. Then I’ll do a trial playthrough to see how many one-hour segments there are, and where those one hour segments actually stop. Multiply the number of segments by two, and that’s the number of gameplay days the playthrough should take. IOW, I like to allow two days for every hour of gameplay.

I’m sure everybody does their planning differently.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think it is safe to confirm the un-pinning of the thread. TIA TimovieMan.

You can still post to the thread. It just won’t be pinned to the top of page one.

Maybe my brief “tutorial” will tempt some others to nominate and lead a game they really like. I hope that’s the case.

There is some work to be done on Casual Games. But I hope to have a new voting thread up NLT this coming Sunday.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for leading the playthrough, Tim. Thumbs Up

Consider the thread un-stickied as of this moment. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 08 November 2015 01:38 PM

And occasionally a casual game comes along with extremely challenging puzzles. And sometimes (at least, from what I’ve read) there are games where the optional difficulty adjustment means that, on the extreme difficulty level, the puzzles actually contain many more steps.

Trying to catch up on a few loose ends before the thread scrolls off the front page.

There are some games that do that. One I can think of the Sherlock Holmes - Hound of the Baskervilles. It, for example, had a standard leap-frog puzzle. In standard mode there were five men on each side of the open space. In the expert version, there were seven. In addition to longer refresh rates on Hints, I think the HO scenes had twelve objects in standard mode, fifteen in expert.

I think that is common. Although each developer seems to have its own idea regarding what happens in the different difficulty levels.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 09 November 2015 02:49 AM

That’s actually pretty good considering we also had the ASA CPT going at the same time, as well as the Autumn AG Challenge.

Even if it’s only the nutcases that are actively participating in all three… Innocent

It’s why I dropped out of the challenge, and am falling behind in the ASA CPT.  Frown

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top