• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

boldy50

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #13 - Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

OK, I’m finished for the day. It took me 45 minutes.
This time I solved the puzzles myself. Oh these wonderful sliders. Not as annoying as the one in the first chapter. Yes I know, not “real” sliders, but I think it’s all the same thing.

My main issue is to remember where I’m supposed to go all the time. It’s not that hard go move between scenes, but I have to think almost everytime I pick up something new.  Laughing

I like it so far. Looks good and fun with different puzzles. She doesn’t say much, but I like the mix with her modern clothes and glasses with the rest.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

RebKean - 23 October 2015 09:52 AM

My main issue is to remember where I’m supposed to go all the time. It’s not that hard go move between scenes, but I have to think almost everytime I pick up something new.  Laughing

Use the map. It indicates whether or not you’ve done everything you can do at a location, and where you still have unfinished business. That means you don’t actually have to remember where you’re supposed to go all the time… Tongue

Like Tim said in the OP:

rtrooney - 18 October 2015 11:35 PM

BIG HINT: Familiarize yourself with the Map feature! It is probably unlike any other interactive map. It consists of layers. In the first chapter we will only be dealing
with one layer. By the end of the game we will be dealing with as many as four layers.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that. You see, the memory isn’t all that great.
Thanks for the reminder!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is it my imagination, or does our heroine look a bit like Tina Fey?

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I actually thought that she looked like the grown up daughter in the Michelin animated tire commercial.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We were allowing two days per episode, so some of you should have finished the current episode today. Let me know when you’ve met the dwarf.

Note to Becky - I got a different look at her while getting ready for the next episode. And, yes, I can see a resemblance. Although she looks a bit more like Sarah Palin to me.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Just to be clear, I’m with the dwarf.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 24 October 2015 03:44 PM

Note to Becky - I got a different look at her while getting ready for the next episode. And, yes, I can see a resemblance. Although she looks a bit more like Sarah Palin to me.  Smile

Or maybe Tina impersonating Sarah Palin? (Or vice versa.)  Cool I youtubed the Michelin commercial—yes, a resemblance there too.

I rather like the idea of Sarah Palin vs. the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Those guys had better get their A game on.

Oh, and I found the dwarf as well.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Found the dwarf (or better: the dwarf found me). An hour sounds about right for this section.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I found the dwarf as well. Didn’t have a lot to say about this section except it makes me wonder if haven’t having two options of complexity for the minigames would cost too much to make it worthwhile. That jigsaw puzzle for instance was barely a puzzle at all.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Haven’t got much time to play yesterday, but I’ll probably find the dwarf later tonight. Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Like with the AGCPT I haven’t been able to start the game yet - Sorry about that.
But I expect that I will do so either tomorrow or Tuesday. And once I do get started, I expect to catch up pretty quickly.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Most of you have found the dwarf. So we’ll move on. The dwarf is quite talkative. You will get quite a bit of backstory during this episode. One problem is that when you click on an item you will be told everything you need to know about that item. That’s good! But if you accidentally click on it again, you will be told the entire story all over again. Clicking out of the scene does not stop the audio. It can be a bit irritating if you are an inveterate “clicker” like I am at times.

There is a very nice cut scene in this episode. There are also some locations with some really stunning graphics such as this one

which will be the stopping point for this episode.

Again….Make friends with your map. You will be doing a lot of travelling here.

Because this episode lasts a little longer than an hour, and because there are a few players who have some catching up to do, I’m going to give this one three days (until Tuesday) to complete. Let me know when you’ve finished. If we have to adjust some more, we will.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’ve just met the dwarf. Some thoughts of the game thus far:

a) The game has far less HO screens than I thought it would. In fact, I’m not even sure I would count those that we’ve met so far as HO screens….
b) The graphics are indeed really nice. From Portals to towers to abandoned hobbit sites, the screens are spot on.
c) The riddles are a little bit from the easy side, but that’s fine. It is a casual after all.
d) The map is REALLY useful. I can name many adventure games that could have made good use that feature….

In general I like the spirit of the game thus far and I hope it continues that way.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Today is Monday and you’ve just started Dwarf episode, and while I’ve not heard from Iz, I know he is way behind. But I’ve also only heard from one other person who has finished.

Ergo, I’m extending finishing the Dwarf episode until Wednesday. Hopefully everyone will have caught up by then.

I know it’s tough when a deadline is scheduled over a weekend. I have a lot to do, both for myself, and those tasks that are dictated to me by Dearly Beloved. Will try to ease up in the future and make sure that any episode that has a due take that falls on a weekend will get an additional completion day.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top