• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn AG Challenge Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 01 November 2015 06:50 AM

I’m gaining on you, Karlok!  Naughty

Good for you, I hope to see you catch up with zobraks. Smile I’m not participating anymore. Not officially anyway.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 01 November 2015 08:31 AM

Good for you, I hope to see you catch up with zobraks. Smile I’m not participating anymore. Not officially anyway.

Oh, come on, where’s the fun in gaining on you, then?

BTW, “Headlines” is my favorite game so far and one of my favorite games in the history of AG quizzes - there are tiny screenshots, but also several hints hidden in the description, and you can choose whatever way to decipher them. I expected more puns, to be honest Grin, and I was reading too much into some of them, like I thought that “May have been stoned” is a dead giveaway for The Omega Stone (I haven’t played either Barrow Hill & The Omega Stone, but I knew it has something to do with the archeology). Also, I haven’t played Riven and thought that “Island Collapse Imminent” and “Despotic Leader Still at Large” had to be Sinking Island, without paying too much attention to the screenshot.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 01 November 2015 08:52 AM

Oh, come on, where’s the fun in gaining on you, then?

Okay. I got 4 masks right and 5 headlines. You do the math. Tongue

BTW, “Headlines” is my favorite game so far and one of my favorite games in the history of AG quizzes - there are tiny screenshots, but also several hints hidden in the description, and you can choose whatever way to decipher them.

Yeah, I love the headlines too.

Also, I haven’t played Riven

!!!!!

and thought that “Island Collapse Imminent” and “Despotic Leader Still at Large” had to be Sinking Island, without paying too much attention to the screenshot.

Hehe. Me too. And I’ve played both games.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

DarkEye - 01 November 2015 08:27 AM

I don’t recall that blue-masked guy from BS2.
And I’ve played this game twice!       

It’s from the intro scene in from of the temple. (See below)

Several people guessed Sinking Island for Riven.  I hadn’t thought of the similarities between the two when I made the puzzle, but I included the photos, just in case that would happen with any of them.

The first Week 4 challenge has been posted, and the second will follow in an hour or two.  The deadline has been moved to Sunday, Nov. 7 at 6 PM GMT.

Image Attachments

BS_2.jpg

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you, Lady Kestrel!
For Creature Care puzzle I can only do…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

As usual, the creature care puzzle is really fun and entertaining. Ever considered a career in game design Lady K? Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Creature Care puzzle: wow! Just… wow! Gasp

I have no idea how to summarize that for the recommendations thread, so I had to stick with “intricate map with directions”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve absolutely loved all Lady Kestrel’s challenges so far but when I looked at Creature Care I thought OMG I can’t do that one but never say never so I’ve been working on it for a few hours - well, I’m not sure that I’m going to get too far (but you never know!) but I think the puzzle is brilliant!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I’m also loving Creature Care so far! Thumbs Up Come on chrissie, I know you can do it… You made it through Tuttut’s Tomb Maze, didn’t you (two years ago)? Now THAT was a killer puzzle! Wink Gasp

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Trunkyo - 01 November 2015 04:41 PM

I’m also loving Creature Care so far! Thumbs Up Come on chrissie, I know you can do it… You made it through Tuttut’s Tomb Maze, didn’t you (two years ago)? Now THAT was a killer puzzle! Wink Gasp

Tuttut’s Tomb Maze well might have been a killer puzzle Trunkyo but not half as much as Creature Care!  Laughing  Cry

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you!  Creature Care might seem intimidating at first, but it’s fairly straight forward as long as you write everything down. Grin

SoccerDude,
I spent my career making games and puzzles for the students in my speech and language therapy groups.  Now I just do it for fun. Smile

Trunkyo,
I blame Tuttut on those silly mummy movies and yearly visits to the British Museum. Wink

The Underground puzzle is up now, but the graphics are a bit wacky.  I’m going to see if I can straighten them out a bit.  Grrrr to Photobucket!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

Well, I had planned on participating but got so sick with whatever upper respiratory crud is going around, my brain wouldn’t function.  But now that I see the Creature Care puzzle, I don’t think my brain would function no matter how I felt!

I must say it feels very strange to not be helping LadyK “behind the scenes” as much as I could as I’ve done for many years.  She sure can put on an adventure game challenge!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well, Drac.  I do miss my score checker!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Draclvr - 02 November 2015 01:40 PM

She sure can put on an adventure game challenge!

True dat! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Draclvr - 02 November 2015 01:40 PM

Well, I had planned on participating but got so sick with whatever upper respiratory crud is going around, my brain wouldn’t function.  But now that I see the Creature Care puzzle, I don’t think my brain would function no matter how I felt!

Draclvr, I’m so sorry that you are not so well & hope that you’ll get better.  Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top