• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn AG Challenge Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

I am, chrissie, but damn it’s slow!  I’m not used to this as I normally don’t get sick at all and get over stuff quickly.  I have too much to do to be sick!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Players, please note that the 7th game title in the Underground bonus grid mistakenly had 6 letters instead of 5.  This has been corrected.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Players, please remember that the deadline for this week’s challenge has been pushed to Sunday, Nov. 8.  I will put the final week’s puzzles up on Sunday as well, and the end of the challenge will be on Nov. 15, instead of the 14th as originally planned.

Kudos to Zobraks for getting a perfect score in both puzzles this week!  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks, Lady K.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome!

Players, please note:  The time of the deadline for the week 4 puzzles is 10:00 PM GMT tomorrow, not 6:00 PM as I had written.  I had NJ time on the brain at that time.  (Methinks it’s nearly time for a break.)

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is just a reminder that you have a little under 5 hours to get your answers to me today.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The final week of the challenge has been posted.  Here are the cumulative scores at the end of week 4:

Zobraks 1624
Trunkyo 1574
TimovieMan 1515
Chrissie 1508
Phlebas 1407
DarkEye 1308
Eddyc 1198
TechnoSpike 1026
Becky 1004
SoccerDude28 914
Kurufinwe 648
Diego 644
Abnaxus 641
Karlok 556
Wilco 459
Lucien21 441
Skeeter_93 230
Advie 193
Iznogood 105
Br305893 30

I think the final week of play will be very interesting.  Good luck, everyone! Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was convinced that my fierce battle with chrissie was for the fourth place…

What happened there, DarkEye?

@ Lady Kestrel: I’m enjoying the tournament immensely!

@ chrissie: I think I’m enjoying our one-on-one competition even more! Cool
Good luck in the final stretch!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you’re having fun with it, TimovieMan.  Now you’re in a battle for 3rd place. Grin

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 08 November 2015 05:44 PM

I was convinced that my fierce battle with chrissie was for the fourth place…

What happened there, DarkEye?

@ Lady Kestrel: I’m enjoying the tournament immensely!

@ chrissie: I think I’m enjoying our one-on-one competition even more! Cool

Well, I was feeling quite secure in feeling that if all else failed I would still retain my 5th place position & then I just saw Tim that I’m only 7 points behind you & then saw the next 2 set of dastardly challenges to realise that I would probably remain behind you ......but you never know!  Laughing Yes, DarkEye should have been in the top 3 but in his absence that 3rd place is worth fighting for but so far I don’t recognise any Useful Stuff at all so consider yourself safe Tim ......at the mo!!!!!  Laughing NB Good Luck to you also Tim Thumbs Up

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Five players who had answers for Underground decided not to attempt the Creature Care maze.  I think it was just too complex and/or time consuming for some.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 08 November 2015 06:13 PM

Five players who had answers for Underground decided not to attempt the Creature Care maze.  I think it was just too complex and/or time consuming for some.

Out of curiosity: several players only made a single mistake in the Creature Care maze. What were the mistakes? More Phoenix / Pegasus errors? Tongue

And personally, I spent a LOT more time going over screenshots than I spent with the maze…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guilty as charged! Yeah, due to my magistrate study duties I couldn’t manage to get the good start and had to gave up early on some of the higher places ranking, but that shouldn’t be an excuse for not trying, for what had to be a most interesting puzzle! For what it’s worth, I managed to get into the orange chamber, but just couldn’t find time to acknowledge all the rules and play the game thoroughly… Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 08 November 2015 06:20 PM

Out of curiosity: several players only made a single mistake in the Creature Care maze. What were the mistakes? More Phoenix / Pegasus errors? Tongue

And personally, I spent a LOT more time going over screenshots than I spent with the maze…

Instead of Pegasus I chose Griffin Tongue Seven letters as well, except Griffins are carnivorous. That was a trick one lady K Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I thought the creature munching the apple and acting skittish would have been enough to trigger thoughts of a horse, but I guess the bird and wings connection was greater.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top