• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn AG Challenge Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I just LOVE the Headlines quiz - it’s SO creative!!! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks!  The headlines were fun to put together.  My newspaper rubber stamp was just begging to be used.

Zobraks,
I’ve always wanted to play Woodruff & the Schnibble.  From what I’ve read, I think the humor would appeal to me.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Agreed that the headlines are really super fun. Love the new avatar Lady K Smile

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 19 October 2015 05:46 AM

It’ll probably only be until the next update, but at the moment I’m the virtual leader of the Challenge. Cool

You’re in the lead again, Timothy!  Thumbs Up
Amazing performance at this challenge so far!
It would be nice to see you so motivated at some other “normal” (screenshot) quizzes too . Yum

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

DarkEye - 27 October 2015 08:35 AM

You’re in the lead again, Timothy!  Thumbs Up

w00t!!!!! Cool

Amazing performance at this challenge so far!

A lot of hard work and screenshot browsing, though…

It would be nice to see you so motivated at some other “normal” (screenshot) quizzes too . Yum

One-off fortunate circumstances for the AAGC:
- these are my last couple of weeks at my current job (my last day will be the day before the AAGC ends)
- work is slow (seriously, I have about three hours (max!) of work to do every eight-hour day)
- I don’t give a damn (I’m looking forward to my new job, and in the meantime it’s not like they can fire me now)
- a computer migration (the day before the AAGC started) reset the firewall so I can access AG from work again

This has more or less been my day job these past two weeks, and unless they firewall AG again, it’ll more or less be my day job until the AAGC ends… Tongue Grin
And you and zobraks are still kicking my ass, while I have trouble keeping up with Trunkyo, am leapfrogging with chrissie and feeling Phlebas’s hot breath down my neck. Tongue
I really don’t know how you guys do it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 October 2015 05:14 AM

Agreed that the headlines are really super fun. Love the new avatar Lady K Smile

Thank you!  I call it Frankenstock. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 27 October 2015 10:05 AM

This has more or less been my day job these past two weeks, and unless they firewall AG again, it’ll more or less be my day job until the AAGC ends… Tongue Grin

That basically makes you a professional Autumn AG Challenge player!  Tongue
PS I was unable to find those damn masks, but good thing is now I have a huge collection of them for a nice superquiz! Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

DarkEye - 29 October 2015 03:51 AM

Semi-pro. And I’m being beaten by amateurs… Tongue

PS I was unable to find those damn masks, but good thing is now I have a huge collection of them for a nice superquiz! Laughing

Yay! Cool
Too bad I didn’t take notes… Meh

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 29 October 2015 04:16 AM
DarkEye - 29 October 2015 03:51 AM

Semi-pro. And I’m being beaten by amateurs… Tongue

Good one !

TimovieMan - 29 October 2015 04:16 AM

PS I was unable to find those damn masks, but good thing is now I have a huge collection of them for a nice superquiz! Laughing Yay! Cool
Too bad I didn’t take notes… Meh

What fun would that be?  Tongue

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dear Players: Due to a major puzzle glitch of my own making coupled with a small family emergency (stranding by recalcitrant vehicle), I will not be able to put up the new puzzles until tomorrow morning.  If you feel it’s necessary as the week goes on, I will extend the deadline for week 4 week until next Sunday.  In the meantime, I’ll post the answers and the current scores in a few minutes.

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Here are the cumulative scores at the end of week 3:

Zobraks 1159
Trunkyo 1119
DarkEye 1083
TimovieMan 1062
Chrissie 1052
Phlebas 954
TechnoSpike 886
Eddyc 801
Becky 662
Kurufinwe 648
SoccerDude28 636
Karlok 556
Abnaxus 531
Diego 491
Lucien21 441
Wilco 399
Skeeter_93 230
Advie 193
Iznogood 105
Br305893 30

I want to remind anyone who has already missed one week that they have to get back in the challenge in order to qualify for the consolation drawing.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LK, I’m missing 100 points in those cumulative scores… Meh

Lady Kestrel - 31 October 2015 06:15 PM

recalcitrant

But I learned a new word. Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I fixed your score, Timo.  Carrying the 1 is just so difficult to remember.  Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m gaining on you, Karlok!  Naughty

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I don’t recall that blue-masked guy from BS2.
And I’ve played this game twice!       

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top