• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Autumn AG Challenge Guidelines, Info & Chat

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Yup, I put phoenix at first and then my second guess was almost gryphon - I got there just in time!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I guessed griffin 1st (hoping that there was one in some wacky adventure that liked apples) then phoenix (a kind of firebird that does like apples I think?) & then I realised the answer was pegasus & thought the clue was excellent. The animal being skittish, liking apples along with the door symbol of wings just fits so perfectly but I found myself immediately looking for a bird-like creature rather than thinking it through a little more!

The other clues I messed up on was that I guessed jaguar instead of sphinx (as immediately sphinx didn’t look like to me as being 6 letters!) & there’s a jaguar in Ecoquest that tells riddles. It wouldn’t fit with the only door symbol of an ankh so I swapped it for the paw print from the cerberus thinking that the ankh would do for the gates of the underworld! Pan

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, and then you’ll get to relax and watch your favorite sports again. Grin

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Precisely!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I am expecting you to win zobraks, Trunkyo is 50 pts? behind you so no excuses!  Laughing

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Your wish is my command, Chrissie.
You’ve somewhat spoiled the show for me though, since I didn’t know how the scoreboard looked.

P.S. Good luck to you and TheModeratorMan in the last round and may the best woman win!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There are just 7 hours and 4 minutes until the final bell ending this AG challenge, so get your answers to me asap.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 15 November 2015 04:41 AM

Your wish is my command, Chrissie.
You’ve somewhat spoiled the show for me though, since I didn’t know how the scoreboard looked.

P.S. Good luck to you and TheModeratorMan in the last round and may the best woman win!

Thank you zobraks! Oops - I couldn’t imagine anyone taking part & not peeking at the scores so sorry about the spoiler - I will be sure to remember next time you take part in a quiz!  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Cumulative scores at the end of week 5:
Zobraks 2124
Trunkyo 2064
Chrissie 1976
TimovieMan 1893
Phlebas 1835
DarkEye 1676
Eddyc 1526
SoccerDude28 1264
TechnoSpike 1226
Becky 1214
Diego 892
Abnaxus 747
Kurufinwe 648
Karlok 556
Wilco 459
Lucien21 441
Skeeter_93 410
Iznogood 265
Advie 193
Br305893 30

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

These are the players who participated in at least 4 out of the 5 weeks of the challenge.  Their names will be entered in the consolation prize drawing to be held within the hour.  Good luck to everyone!

Abnaxus
Becky
DarkEye
Diego
Eddyc
Phlebas
SoccerDude28
TechnoSpike
TimovieMan
Wilco

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve given this more effort than any other quiz I’ve ever participated in here. Coming in fourth means that Zobraks, Trunkyo and chrissie are out of my league. Tongue

Congrats to Zobraks, Trunkyo and chrissie! Thumbs Up

You’re officially nuts… Wink Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Okay!  After placing the names in a box and shaking it thoroughly for 10 minutes, I asked my sister to pick two for me.  The winners of the consolation prizes are SoccerDude28 and Diego!  Congratulations to both of you, and thank you so much to all of you who participated in this year’s challenge!

These are the prizes:
1st prize - up to $35.00
2nd prize - up to $30.00
3rd prize - up to $25.00
Consolation prize - up to $20.00

You may choose a downloadable game or a hard copy in that price range. Any reliable game vendors will be considered. If a vendor’s shipping rate seems high, I may order your game and ship it to you myself, but we’ll deal with that on an individual basis.

Please PM me with your game choice along with your name and mailing address, if you want a hard copy. If you choose a downloadable game, I’ll need your email address.

I will post the prizes chosen and the order status here. When you receive your game, please let me know.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to Zobraks, Trunkyo, Chrissie, SoccerDude28 and Diego. Well done!

And thanks for a very fun Autumn Challenge, LadyK.  Grin

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you for those interesting five weeks, packed with great and fun puzzles, Lady Kestrel! I must say, that even now when you’ve posted the answers for “Creature Care” puzzle I still think it was the hardest puzzle I’ve ever come across! Kudos to anyone who managed to complete this monster! I’m not disappointed with 6th place, but I’m pretty mad about some easy-to-find screenshots I’ve missed!
Congrats to zobraks, Trunkyo, chrissie and Timothy for showing a great consistency and won the top places! Thumbs Up
I’ve put a spoiler tag just in case if first placed player decide not to check out final results just yet…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top