• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 13

4 Votes Time Dreamer (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100)
3 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel)
2 Votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster (Tim-leader, TimovieMan)
1 Vote F.A.C.E.S. (Tim)
1 Vote 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan)
1 Vote Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim)
1 Vote Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (furgotten)
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
Urban Legends: The Maze
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
Dreamland
Nearwood

Note to LK - Sorry. Forgot you play on a Mac.

Note to Chrissie - Hope you will be able to join us on this CPT as time permits.
Hope to see your vote the next time.

Note to ? - Someone posted a vote for 9 - The Dark Side, but
when I logged on the post had been deleted. Please repost.

Note to all - E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster is no longer available on
BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website.

Note to all Part Deux - Remember that we need leaders for these games. So far only one game has a leader, me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

It’s been some time since I participated in a community playthrough and I’d like to join a causal one. I missed the previous votings and for some reason haven’t got around to joining any ongoing playthroughs. A bummer I missed Angelica Weaver, that one has been at the top of my casual waiting list since it got so much praise in the casual game thread.

Anyway, I looked at the top candidates and Depths of Betrayal looks nice, but I didn’t see any trace of traditional hidden object scenes in that one. Maybe it sounds strange but I’ve grown fond of traditional HOS’s in my casual adventures. Does anyone know if there are any in this game?

I also have a note of E.P.I.C. Wishmaster, it probably got some good reviews in the casual thread as well. I’ll vote for that one for now.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

harald - 14 December 2014 02:14 PM

It’s been some time since I participated in a community playthrough and I’d like to join a causal one.

We’re happy to have you here on this one.

Anyway, I looked at the top candidates and Depths of Betrayal looks nice, but I didn’t see any trace of traditional hidden object scenes in that one. Maybe it sounds strange but I’ve grown fond of traditional HOS’s in my casual adventures. Does anyone know if there are any in this game?

There are hidden object scenes, but I wouldn’t necessarily call them “traditional.” They are not finding images from a list of random objects. More like finding parts that will be used to complete a mechanism.

I also have a note of E.P.I.C. Wishmaster, it probably got some good reviews in the casual thread as well. I’ll vote for that one for now.

I should note that there are traditional hidden object scenes in this game, but they are few and far between.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote tally as of December 14

4 Votes Time Dreamer (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Dara100)
3 Votes Depths of Betrayal (Tim, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel)
3 Votes E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster (Tim-leader, TimovieMan, harald)
1 Vote F.A.C.E.S. (Tim)
1 Vote 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan)
1 Vote Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim)
1 Vote Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (furgotten)
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
Urban Legends: The Maze
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
Dreamland
Nearwood

Note to all - E.P.I.C. - Wishmaster is no longer available on
BFG. It is, however, available at the Alawar Games website.

Note to all Part Deux - Remember that we need leaders for these games. So far only one game has a leader, me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not seeing any volunteers to lead games. That’s fair. I’ve volunteered to lead Wishmaster. I’ve also played F.A.C.E.S, Depths of Betrayal and the Rite of Passage game. I will also lead any of those three should they win.

I’ve also played Time Dreamer, but nominated it because someone, way back when, was interested in a time travel game. I’m not interested in leading that game. It’s a great game, but, given a choice there are other games I would rather lead.

I don’t know what happens on the AG CPT if the winning game has no leader. It’s probably never happened, but I wonder what would happen if it did. Does Sefir automatically step to the front?

I think I know what would/should happen here. If the winning game has no leader then the next game in the vote-getting process that has a leader wins. Does anyone have a problem with this?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have played several on the list, but I just don’t have the time to lead anything right now.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I ‘ll cast a vote for E.P.I.C. Wishmaster. Maybe we would get more participation after the holidays?

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 14 December 2014 08:54 PM

I don’t know what happens on the AG CPT if the winning game has no leader. It’s probably never happened, but I wonder what would happen if it did. Does Sefir automatically step to the front?

Of course not. But this situation of not being able to find leaders is something that happened a lot in the past (before my time) when there where many proposals for game playthroughs but few leaders (mostly Fien), resulting in not having a playthrough at all. Older forum members than me can provide more info on that. It is a rare case nowadays, since when someone proposes a game for AGCP usually has already a leader on mind (even better if it is himself/herself. There are now many more people not afraid to lead in an AGCP and that is great).
And yes, if that would have happened, I believe that moving to the second best option, the one with an actual leader is the best choice IMO.

Your problem is not that there are not many people willing to lead a casual playthrough. It is the fact that, in order to successfully lead (giving the timelines, information about the game, possible bugs, etc) you need someone who had played the game before. Casual games are not that widespread around the community (that will change in time with these playthroughs) and, at least for the time being, I believe that the number of casual playthrough leaders will be a small one.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

furgotten - 14 December 2014 11:12 PM

I ‘ll cast a vote for E.P.I.C. Wishmaster. Maybe we would get more participation after the holidays?

VERY good idea. I know my ability to lead a game would be best served by starting the game after the first of the year. Let’s plan on doing that. But we can continue the voting process and leader search until we reach that point.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Didn’t this happen recently?
... “recently” as in something like 3rd most recent CPT playthrough a few months back?
... and we ended up playing the game with the 2nd greatest number of votes, which did have a leader.
Also there may have been people “retracting” their previous votes in order to avoid the possibility of the winning game not having a leader.

The game I’d most rather replay is Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father, though I’d play along with any of the nominated games as long as I already own the game.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

crabapple - 15 December 2014 11:49 AM

... “recently” as in something like 3rd most recent CPT playthrough a few months back?
... and we ended up playing the game with the 2nd greatest number of votes, which did have a leader.

That is VERY, VERY, VERY wrong. Both games had exactly the same votes. The one had a leader. The other did not. The one with a leader was chosen.

For the record…
8 Gray Matter: Sefir (leader), wilco, Iznogood, chrissie, Becky, crabapple, Detective Mosely, Andraste
8 Freddy Pharkas: Sefir, wilco, rtrooney, Oscar, TimovieMan, crabapple, harald, Bogi

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Sefir - 15 December 2014 12:02 PM

That is VERY, VERY, VERY wrong. Both games had exactly the same votes. The one had a leader. The other did not. The one with a leader was chosen.

For the record…
8 Gray Matter: Sefir (leader), wilco, Iznogood, chrissie, Becky, crabapple, Detective Mosely, Andraste
8 Freddy Pharkas: Sefir, wilco, rtrooney, Oscar, TimovieMan, crabapple, harald, Bogi

But there were people removing their previous votes, were there not?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

crabapple - 15 December 2014 12:13 PM
Sefir - 15 December 2014 12:02 PM

For the record…

But there were people removing their previous votes, were there not?

That is a lie! Of course not!!!!!

(and for God’s shake, please close the bold tag in your previous post…)

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Sefir - 15 December 2014 12:43 PM

I remember it happening, though I don’t know if it was for the instance you quoted.
I don’t know why you’re so upset about it anyway.

That I can do.
Sorry about that.
I was wondering about where all that bold was coming from.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

crabapple - 15 December 2014 12:53 PM

I remember it happening, though I don’t know if it was for the instance you quoted.
I don’t know why you’re so upset about it anyway.

Because I can absolutely guarantee that there was no leaderless winner in any AGCP voting the last 2 years (that’s the last 10 AGCP votings). This pre-mentioned voting result was the closest. All votings are archived and anyone can see it for himself/herself. I wanted to clarify that if a second most popular game is chosen here, because of leader (un)availability, it will be a first.

crabapple - 15 December 2014 12:53 PM

That I can do.
Sorry about that.
I was wondering about where all that bold was coming from.

Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top